SnapStream Forums

Go Back   SnapStream Forums > SnapStream Product Discussions > Beyond TV and Beyond TV Link
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2010, 07:22 PM

Exclamation DISH Vip 222 HD + USB-UIRT

I have setup Beyond TV on a windows XP machine with an avermedia tuner, and a USB-UIRT attempting to control a Dish network VIP 222 HD. I saw attempt because I cannot get the receiver to recognize ANY signals coming from the USB-UIRT. I found a similar string with another DISH network receiver with an uploaded USB-UIRT file, but when I opened it the format was completely different than any of the files installed by Beyond TV. This install has been fighting me every step of the way and I just want to get this whole project wrapped up. ANY help from anyone would be fantastic!
Old 12-29-2010, 05:32 PM

Re: DISH Vip 222 HD + USB-UIRT

Hi. I realize this an old post but...any luck with your dvr and the Dish? I'm starting (attempting to start) my own dvr project with a Dish VIP 222k and am having trouble getting a signal from my dish box via coax cable into a WinTV-HVR 1600 tuner card. Did you figure yours out?

Nick
Old 11-28-2011, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsgray View Post
I have setup Beyond TV on a windows XP machine with an avermedia tuner, and a USB-UIRT attempting to control a Dish network VIP 222 HD. I saw attempt because I cannot get the receiver to recognize ANY signals coming from the USB-UIRT. I found a similar string with another DISH network receiver with an uploaded USB-UIRT file, but when I opened it the format was completely different than any of the files installed by Beyond TV. This install has been fighting me every step of the way and I just want to get this whole project wrapped up. ANY help from anyone would be fantastic!
This will work. I could not get the USB-UIRT to recongixe the "0" key. it would instead start the System Wizard. After reading thru several threads and other info, I was able to create a RMT file that works. To set it up, follow these steps:

Setup the VIP222k to use remote address 2 on the primary remote:
  • On the #1 remote, hold the SAT key until all top keys light for a second
  • The SAT key will blink
  • Hit 2# on the remote
  • The SAT key will blink 3 times
  • On the VIP222k, press the system info key while with a TV connected to TV 1 outputs
  • With the System Info screen displaying, point the #1 remote at the VIP222K and press record until you see the address change in the Ssystem info screen
  • Select Done
  • The remote should now be working with Remote Address 2
On the BTV PC:
  • Rename the vip222k-remoteaddress2.rmt.txt to vip222k-remoteaddress2.rmt
  • Make sure Beyond TV is not running
  • Place the vip222k-remoteaddress2.rmt file in the "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SnapStream\Beyond TV\tuner\UUIRT_Remotes" folder
  • Run the Beyond TV setup
  • When you get to the IR setup, select vip222k-remoteaddress2 in the list of receiver types
  • Finsh setup and run Beyond TV
  • You should now be able to change the channels on the VIP222k using Beyond TV
Notes:
  • This RMT file will set the USB-UIRT to send and "Enter/Select" key before the channel numbers and again after. If you don't send enter before the channel nmbers, the box will not turn on if it is off. Enter/Select turns on the VIP222k if it is off.
  • You cannot get TV2 to use the USB-UIRT unless you setup the box in Single mode (TV1 and TV2 display the same channel) or get an external IR to UHF-Pro converter
Old 11-28-2011, 09:52 PM

Help's if i include the RMT file!
Attached Files
File Type: txt vip222k-remoteaddress2.rmt.txt (2.2 KB, 88 views)
Old 11-29-2011, 08:19 AM
l33t Member

I have a VIP222 not sure about the K. I will check when I get home. All I had to do to use the USB-UIRT was learn it using the wizard and then set the options in the web admin to send enter before sending channel info. I guess I am not understanding why you need to change the remote address.

PVS setup:
BTV:4.9.3[6535] | Processor:Intel 2.4 Ghz Quad Core | MB: Asus P5N-D| RAM: 4GB DDR2 | Tuner: HD-PVR driver 1.7.1.30059 and both tuners of my HDHomerun using OTA | Graphics card: ASUS GeForce 210 GT - Nvidia Force ware 260.99| Sound: From HDMI on video card| Display: Sony 60" BRAVIA HDTV | OS: Windows XP Home SP3 | BTC 9019URF wireless keyboard| Remote: Harmony 700 with Firefly mini receiver | Tuning: USB-UIRT on Dish VIP222 STB
Old 11-29-2011, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminal View Post
I have a VIP222 not sure about the K. I will check when I get home. All I had to do to use the USB-UIRT was learn it using the wizard and then set the options in the web admin to send enter before sending channel info. I guess I am not understanding why you need to change the remote address.
On my VIP222k, if you press and hold the 0 key, it sends a signal to start the System Wizard, not the 0 key. i could not get the USB-UIRT to learn the correct 0 key.

Whenever a channel with a 0 was selected, the system wizard would start.

I could only find remote codes for Remote Address 2, so to use my RMT file, your receiver must be set to use remote chanel 2 on the primary receiver.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:29 PM
l33t Member

System Wizard? Is that somethign on the VIP222?

PVS setup:
BTV:4.9.3[6535] | Processor:Intel 2.4 Ghz Quad Core | MB: Asus P5N-D| RAM: 4GB DDR2 | Tuner: HD-PVR driver 1.7.1.30059 and both tuners of my HDHomerun using OTA | Graphics card: ASUS GeForce 210 GT - Nvidia Force ware 260.99| Sound: From HDMI on video card| Display: Sony 60" BRAVIA HDTV | OS: Windows XP Home SP3 | BTC 9019URF wireless keyboard| Remote: Harmony 700 with Firefly mini receiver | Tuning: USB-UIRT on Dish VIP222 STB

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: