SnapStream Forums

Go Back   SnapStream Forums > User-to-User Troubleshooting & Support Forums > Firefly PC Remote User-to-User Troubleshooting & Support Forum
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2009, 01:14 PM

firefly mini and Windows 7 RC

I've run into some weirdness using the Firefly Mini on Windows 7 RC (64 bit). After startup the remote responds once or twice and then stops working. The OS doesn't respond to button presses and the green light on the IR receiver stops turning on and off with button presses. Even Windows Media Center doesn't respond to remote commands.

But, when I run Windows Media Player the remote magically works again. Start, stop, volume, etc. all work. Then when I close WMP and go back to Windows 7 the remote is responsive again and continues to work.

Anyone else see this problem? Any ideas on how to fix it?
Old 07-27-2009, 08:42 AM

Re: firefly mini and Windows 7 RC

That is weird. I can't really think of a fix, but can report that W7 RC, and older builds, do work OK with a Firefly Mini.

I used the Firefly Mini on a W7 machine with no drivers installed. It looks like an extra keyboard and mouse to the system. Have you tried another USB port? Have you tried that Firefly Mini on another machine, regardless of OS? Are the Firefly Mini batteries fresh? I had trouble with the way the batteries are held inside the Firefly Mini. I had to make one of the battery contacts stick out more to make reliable contact.

I finally replaced the Firefly Mini with a Pinnacle MC certified remote that is much more reliable.

Bye.

Tags
busted, firefly mini, remote, windows 7