SnapStream Forums

Go Back   SnapStream Forums > User-to-User Troubleshooting & Support Forums > Firefly PC Remote User-to-User Troubleshooting & Support Forum
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2008, 11:07 AM

Firefly Mini with WinDVD

I would like to use Firefly Mini with WinDVD (or, more accurately, the Mini IR sensor with Harmony remote that has "learned" the Firefly Mini's signals). Specifically, I'd like to configure it to send the ^B (replay) and ^Q (advance) commands to WinDVD. Are there editable profiles available like there are with the RF Firefly? If so, where can I find them? Are there other threads that give examples of people who have done this?

Alternatively, I have an unused Hauppauge IR remote with their sensor that plugs into the back of my HVR-1600 card. I could remove the Firefly mini sensor and install the Hauppauge IR sensor/blaster instead. Do any of you have experience using the Hauppauge remote with BTV, WinDVD, PowerDVD, etc.? Does it have editable profiles like the RF Firefly?
HTPC Setup: Pentium D 950 (dual core) | 2.0Gig memory | WD 160 gig IDE | Seagate 2 TB SATA | Windows MCE 2005 | Integrated sound | XFX nVidia GeForce 7600 GS (passive cooling) | Ultra Vseries 600w power supply | two Hauppauge HVR-950 USB hybrid tuners (disabled since FiOS install) | Hauppauge HVR-1600 PCI tuner | BeyondTV 4.9.3 | Amplified antenna in attic (disconnedted) | Sony KDS50A2000 via DVI-HDMI cable

Last edited by RhythmDoctor; 01-18-2008 at 01:52 PM.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:02 PM

Re: Firefly Mini with WinDVD

Hi,
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhythmDoctor View Post
Specifically, I'd like to configure it to send the ^B (replay) and ^Q (advance) commands to WinDVD. Are there editable profiles available like there are with the RF Firefly?
You can't do it unless installing a third party sofware like mine (see signature).

Quote:
Alternatively, I have an unused Hauppauge IR remote with their sensor that plugs into the back of my HVR-1600 card. I could remove the Firefly mini sensor and install the Hauppauge IR sensor/blaster instead.
Certainly. There is no sofware that comes with the hauppauge IR Receiver, you have to edit an ini file but it works well.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Beyond TV 4.2 - BTV XMLTV Importer - Web Based Program Guide - Firefly, Firefly Mini, Streamzap, USB-UIRT or MCE Remote Tool