SnapStream Forums

Go Back   SnapStream Forums > User-to-User Troubleshooting & Support Forums > Firefly PC Remote User-to-User Troubleshooting & Support Forum
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2007, 04:43 PM

Firefly and Girder launch on multiple computers

Background & Configuration: I have 2 PCs. Each one with a Firefly remote on different channels (3 and 12)...hence 2 remote. I have Girder 3.3.1 installed on each. Each file is pointing to a different .exe on the C drive...that is assigned to the Firefly button (via the learned event of the firefly button for a command - launch application).

Problem: Whenever I press the button to launch the application (Firefly button) on computer 1, both applications on each of the two different computers (computer 1 and computer 2) are launched. This is true for the other computer...it launches both applications on each computer....also all other commands (up, down, left, right, etc.). I do not want this behavior.

I believe the RF channels are working independently because if I launch Firefly on both computers and press the Firefly button on Remote COntrol #1 for computer #1, the Firefly application is only opened on computer 1.

The problem only occurs when I launch/run the Girder software.

I want each remote to work independently in the same room for each computer. What do I need to do to make this work?!? Thanks...
Old 12-18-2007, 07:59 AM

Re: Firefly and Girder launch on multiple computers

Quote:
Originally Posted by miket View Post
Whenever I press the button to launch the application (Firefly button) on computer 1, both applications on each of the two different computers (computer 1 and computer 2) are launched.../...The problem only occurs when I launch/run the Girder software.
You have to configure each Girder installation to listen to the only Firefly channel it is supposed to (I don't know how to do it in Girder)

Regards,
Stéphane.
Beyond TV 4.2 - BTV XMLTV Importer - Web Based Program Guide - Firefly, Firefly Mini, Streamzap, USB-UIRT or MCE Remote Tool