SnapStream Forums

Go Back   SnapStream Forums > General Discussion > TV Talk
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2007, 02:38 PM
l33t Member

Galactica Razor

Wow, no comments yet? I couldn't wait for this to air, going through withdrawals. I have to say I have mixed feelings, on the one had what it did well it did really well, on the other hand it seemed way too short, like they trimmed it down and left out a whole mess of stuff (least of which would be some interesting one-on-ones with Gina and either Cain (eh) or Kendra Shaw (now we're talking!)

I think the battle scenes could have been longer (although not much bigger) and would have liked a lot more back story (all the stuff from the flashbacks and more).

I can only hope that the DVD has a lot more content, I think this would have been better off as a miniseries. Either way, it just makes me more depressed that season 4 is delayed and only half is written.
Foxconn NF4UK8AA-8EKRS, AMD 4200-x2 4gb Corsair memory, Thermaltake 500W, Gigabyte 9500 GT, Hauppauge HVR1600 with remote, HVR950, HVR2250, and HD PVR, Gyration air remote, serial cable tuners, Directv (HD) and Antenna with Electroline cable amp. Windows XP SP2

TV Samsung UN55ES6600F with Yamaha RX-V663 SS receiver
Old 11-26-2007, 09:12 PM
l33t Member

Re: Galactica Razor

I thought it was supposed to be a miniseries as well. I agree it should have been a miniseries.]

One part of the story that was not consistent was Lee ordering Kara to set the bomb. Lee would not have done that, and I believe its inconsistent with the story line.

At least we will get half of the series in March (not January).
Media Server: Win XP MCE, MSI K9N SLI Platinum Motherboard, AMD Athlon 64 X2 5400+ 2.8 dual core, 1 GB Ram, 500 GB SATA HD x 3, 250 GB SATA HD, Geforce 8500 GT PCI-E, 2x HD PVR, HD homerun, DVD Dual Layer DVD Writer.

Software: SageTV - I spent $130 to find an integrated solution.

Media Extender: 1 x HD-100 2 x HD-200

--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Kuo / Chief Technology Officer
Will SnapStream be integrating Beyond TV and Beyond Media?

The answer to this question is a definite yes!
Snapstream's Blog Promising Integration 7/29/2005
Old 11-27-2007, 04:21 AM
l33t Member

Actually you have to go back to the 3rd quarter of season 2, that's when this happens, and then Lee and Starbuck were still at odds (she shoots him in fact, ok not intentionally, but still).

Adama's the one who's inconsistent, he hangs around a planet way too long when Starbuck crashes, then he's ready to let Lee have her blow herself up. Also, why don't they ask for volunteers, why Starbuck?

Anyway, was that hybrid supposed to be the cylon god? if so, he's dead, does he ressurect? Otherwise, I throw my vote in for Kendra Shaw being the last cylon, cheesy, but it gets her back into season 4.
Foxconn NF4UK8AA-8EKRS, AMD 4200-x2 4gb Corsair memory, Thermaltake 500W, Gigabyte 9500 GT, Hauppauge HVR1600 with remote, HVR950, HVR2250, and HD PVR, Gyration air remote, serial cable tuners, Directv (HD) and Antenna with Electroline cable amp. Windows XP SP2

Old 11-27-2007, 10:49 AM
SnapStream Media

i really missed most of season 2 and trying to catch up but haven't had time...but i know it's recorded and just sitting ther waiting for me to watch it....good thing the strike is going on....maybe i can catch up on some of my shows
Core 2 Quad Q6600 | Asrock 775Dual-VSTA motherboard | 2GB Corsair CM2X1024-6400PRO XMS2 DDR2 PC6400 ram | GeCube Radeon X1950Pro 256mb GDDR3, HDCP Edition | 3 Hauppauge HVR-1600 | 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun | 1 Dvico Fusion HDTV5 USB ......

Michael Bui

Snapstream Media, Inc.

http://www.snapstream.com/

Old 11-27-2007, 11:32 AM
l33t Member

Well, gives you the opportunity to insert Razor in right after Lee gets command of the Pegasus (unless you watched it already). Then you can tell us how consistent it is with the Lee/Starbuck relationship.

Old 12-06-2007, 07:05 PM
l33t Member

Ok, got the DVD of Razor, haven't watched the whole thing but one thing that was different (adds about 20 minutes, seems improved) was what appears to be a cylon poem. Right before the raiding party (Starbuck and Kendra) find the humans used for scientific experiments, the hybrid recites cryptically. It took some time for me to remember how to extract subtitles, but here's what I got.

Soon there
will be four, glorious
in awakening.
Struggling with the knowledge
of their true selves.
The pain of revelation
bringing new clarity
And in the midst of confusion,
he will find her,
enemies brought together
by impossible longing,
enemies now joined as one.
The way forward,
at once unthinkable,
yet inevitable.
And the fifth,
still in shadow,
will claw toward the light,
hungering for redemption
I can see them all.
The seven, now six,
self-described machines
who believe themselves
without sin.
But in time, it is sin
that will consume them.
They will know enmity,
bitterness,
the wrenching agony
of the one splintering
into the many.
And then they will
join the promised land,
gathered on the wings
of an angel.
Not an end, but a beginning.

So, the four new cylons, seven turned six (Dianna) simple enough. He finds her, Loeben and Starbuck? Fall in love? The fifth in shadows seeking redemption, Baltar? Starbuck? Someone disgraced with the humans? The cylons entering the promised land on the wings of an angel, Starbuck again?

My prediction, all the humans get wiped out in a final battle (except Starbuck and the final 5) and they rescue whats left of the cylons and bring them to earth to mate with the humans there, split out into another 13 colonies, and it all starts again...

Not sure how I feel about that, either way, just makes the wait more painful.

Old 12-06-2007, 09:03 PM

Are you breaking the writer's strike zetavu?

Thanks for sharing that.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:26 PM
l33t Member

I need to contact my buddy in CA. He got Razor to review and was supposed to send it to me. I still don't have it.

Thanks for posting the poem Zeta. But I don't know...I found that hybrid to be full of something...and it didn't smell good what ever it was! But it is interesting nevertheless.
Media Server: Win XP MCE, MSI K9N SLI Platinum Motherboard, AMD Athlon 64 X2 5400+ 2.8 dual core, 1 GB Ram, 500 GB SATA HD x 3, 250 GB SATA HD, Geforce 8500 GT PCI-E, 2x HD PVR, HD homerun, DVD Dual Layer DVD Writer.

--------
Quote:

Old 12-06-2007, 10:01 PM

As long as "not an end , a beginning" isn't code for a fade to black, ala Mr Chase's fantasy...
Old 12-07-2007, 07:54 AM
l33t Member

Another interpretation, based on the end of the human race, could be the beginning of the cylon/human hybrid race (this from his discussions with Kendra before she clicks) I always figured that the only way the time table worked with human history (some 4,000 years) was if earth already had a "human" population, which was intermixed with cylons and humans from the colonies. some of the new hybrids would go back to Kobol and act as gods, only to eventually split into 12 colonies, rewrite history, recreate the cylons, new war, and five cylons (and or Starbuck, whatever she is) carry through as non-hybrids, pure strains, to kind of lead events over and ovewr again, back to earth, new hybrids, etc.

Every visit to Earth would correspond to a growth in technology, the Bronse age, Egypt, Greece/Rome, every 4,000 years or so. (almost the 6,000 years that creationists think the worlds been around)

Just because the writers on strike doesn't mean our imaginations need to follow.

Old 12-07-2007, 08:00 AM
l33t Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetaVu View Post
Another interpretation, based on the end of the human race, could be the beginning of the cylon/human hybrid race (this from his discussions with Kendra before she clicks) I always figured that the only way the time table worked with human history (some 4,000 years) was if earth already had a "human" population, which was intermixed with cylons and humans from the colonies. some of the new hybrids would go back to Kobol and act as gods, only to eventually split into 12 colonies, rewrite history, recreate the cylons, new war, and five cylons (and or Starbuck, whatever she is) carry through as non-hybrids, pure strains, to kind of lead events over and ovewr again, back to earth, new hybrids, etc.

Every visit to Earth would correspond to a growth in technology, the Bronse age, Egypt, Greece/Rome, every 4,000 years or so. (almost the 6,000 years that creationists think the worlds been around)

Just because the writers on strike doesn't mean our imaginations need to follow.
well, since Ron has been so political, how about another theory. What if it ends with some statement that the prophecies were all bs and it never happened before...it was just all a coincidence they found it, and there are no gods. I wouldn't put it past Ron for such an ending.

NOTE: NO ONE CAN BE OFFENDED BY THE BELOW INTERPRETATION. RON HAS BEEN PULLING FROM OUR CULTURES...SO THIS IS ONLY ANALYSIS.

Maybe I am reading in too much to what I have seen...but humans are following Roman/Greek based god structure. The cyclons are a mono god belief... basically the Jews waiting for the Messiah. There has been some Christian references mixed in there, but at the end, who is Jesus equivalent...so that is why I say Jewish faith waiting for the Messiah. (and I am not saying Jewish people are bad...because well...we see where the Roman and Greek god beliefs got them )

And btw: if I am right that there is some statement about no religion at the end, I am going to break my HD tv because that is going to piss me off.

--------
Quote:

Last edited by Mistergq; 12-07-2007 at 08:05 AM.
Old 12-07-2007, 06:51 PM
l33t Member

Not sure how religious Ron is, but I think the references to religion are basically showing even highly advanced civilizations will have irrational religious beliefs (humans following gods). I think making Adama an atheist (who Ron probably relates to the most) is the hint.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: