SnapStream Forums

Go Back   SnapStream Forums > SnapStream Developer Network > Beyond TV Downloads
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.56 average. Display Modes
Old 10-19-2005, 10:07 PM

Send a message via AIM to shagam
BeyondTV 4.0 (beta) Skins

Get 'em while they're hot!

[ Blue Beyond TV 4 Skin ]
http://www.fileshack.us/files/152/Be...4_BlueSkin.zip

[ Red Beyond TV 4 Skin ]
http://www.fileshack.us/files/152/BeyondTv4_RedSkin.zip

[ Purple Beyond TV 4 Skin ]
http://www.fileshack.us/files/152/Be...PurpleSkin.zip

-Shutdown viewscape and shutdown BTV, for good measure
-Backup the folder C:\Program Files\SnapStream Media\Beyond TV 3\FSMedia\Images
(path may vary if you installed elsewhere/named install folder differently)
-Extract Zip file to a safe place...once extracted copy all files into the C:\Program Files\SnapStream Media\Beyond TV 3\FSMedia\Images folder...when prompted to overwrite, agree
-Launch BTV and enjoy

-To switch back, place backed-up files into their original home, C:\Program Files\SnapStream Media\Beyond TV 3\FSMedia\Images

Last edited by shagam; 10-25-2005 at 09:28 AM.
Old 10-22-2005, 12:14 PM
Administrator

Re: BeyondTV 4.0 (beta) Skins

the product's not even out yet and we already have remixes of the skin. shagam, nice work.

"Our culture no longer bothers to use words like appropriation or borrowing to describe those very activities. Today's audience isn't listening at all - it's participating. Indeed, audience is as antique a term as record, the one archaically passive, the other archaically physical. The record, not the remix, is the anomaly today. The remix is the very nature of the digital." -- William Gibson, Author of Neuromancer (http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/13.07/gibson.html)
Old 10-22-2005, 07:40 PM

no prob rakesh...

any suggestions for others? more than willing to make 'em, but I'm only going to if there's a demand...i'm pretty savvy with a photoshop brush, so name a color/theme...

Last edited by shagam; 10-23-2005 at 01:39 PM.
Old 10-23-2005, 12:10 AM

Lightbulb Re: BeyondTV 4.0 (beta) Skins

"Moonlit Night"
Different viewscape background to switch 'er up...
...download file, drop in the same folder as the Blue Skin mod...

Download Link: http://www.fileshack.us/files/152/background_sml.png

(image taken and manipulated from annonymous deviantart.com source)
Old 10-23-2005, 02:12 AM

LOVE the new background!!
Old 10-23-2005, 03:28 PM

I made a quick change to the skins linked in this thread...if you noticed your "date" bar (upper-left when watching LiveTV) did not match the skin, redownload the skin files from my previous post and replace the old...missed a file, my mistake...

(note: the red skin intentionally has a grey date bar)

Hundreds of downloads and no suggestions for other color schemes?? I know there's got to be someone out there that needs their PVR to match their ugly couch
Old 10-23-2005, 04:26 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to PBMax Send a message via AIM to PBMax Send a message via Yahoo to PBMax

shagam,

Could you update the background image from the latest build to be blue? We have removed alot of the grainyness from that image so that on some screens it doesn't look like a big finger print. Also the selection bar was correctly croped. So on all ths screens it properly fits the screen (ie on the options box).

I think a blue skin that closely matches the blue of the beyond media skin would just be perfect for me.

If that's not too much to ask
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 4200+ | Motherboard: ASUS A8N-VM | RAM: 1GB DDR400 | Tuner: Hauppauge PVR500 | Graphics card: Onboard NVIDIA GeForce 6150 | Sound Card: Onboard ADI AD1986A via SPDIF | Hard Drives(1040GB Total): 1x Seagate 40GB - 4x Maxtor 250GB | Samsung 16x DL DVD+-R | Display: Panasonic PT-50LC13 50" LCD RPTV HDTV via HD15 | OS: Windows XP Pro SP-2 | Wireless Keyboard and Mouse | Remote: FireFly
Old 10-23-2005, 06:49 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Prespd

Hi Shagam,

I like the blue and all the colors so far. I use a slightly more greenish color wallpaper on my desktop from the "Aurora" theme for StyleXP by a guy named lightstar (not related to the Viewpoint hijack stuff of the same name.) The wallpaper is an original image from Greg Martin called 'In The Shadow of the Stars". Can you make the blue a more greenish blue color more in line with the tones present in this wallpaper/digital image, but still retain a shiney blue like appearance? Does that even make sense? I use this wallpaper with the "Forever Blue" theme by Lightstar in Windows XP with the classic style menus.

In The Shadow of the Stars by Greg Martin

I can send you the jpeg if you want it from the style, or you can download it for color matching. Just trying not to violate any copyrights here. This guy does some sweet imaging IMHO and should get the due credit.
Old 10-23-2005, 11:28 PM

PBMax: Hook me up with a link to the beyond media skin, or at least a decent screenshot of it...

Prespd: I gave those two colors an attempt, but the boldness of the blue in your skin and the pastel green in the artwork just didn't gel... if you can find anything that blends the colors the way you like, send them my way so I can get a better feel...

Old 10-24-2005, 12:01 AM

Right on bro..Thanks for trying...wish I had a knack for my jobs copy of PS CS2.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:42 PM

[ BlueGreen Beyond TV 4 Skin ]
http://www.fileshack.us/files/152/Be...eGreenSkin.zip

Last edited by shagam; 10-24-2005 at 05:49 PM.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:44 AM

Shagam,

May I offer my personal thanks and pat on the back for melding the blue-green into what I consider a nice mix.

Again thanks for creating this. I think it looks great! Truth be told, I like the tree/black sky background you did for the blue skin too...

Last edited by Prespd; 10-25-2005 at 01:45 AM. Reason: took some time to figure out how to show a screenshot
Old 10-25-2005, 04:53 AM
Super Moderator

Now all we need is a randomizer so that I don't have to choose

Media- 5 Tuners XP SP2 BTV 4.9.X
Asus P4S8X|P4 2.4|FX5200|PVR350/250/150/NVidia DualTV|OB SNDMAX

DVD - 10 Tuners XP SP2 BTV 4.9.X
Asus P4800E Dlx|P4 3.0 HT|FX5700|2GB Mem|PVR250/PVR150//2 PVRUSB2/]3 HDHomeRun/QAM

3 BTV Links - All XP SP2 BTV 4.9.X, BM 1.1, Firelfy

Family Room Asus P4800 Dlx|P4 2.6HT|7600GT
Treadmill Shuttle P4 2.6HT|6600GT
Basement Asus P4800 Dlx|P4 3.0HT|6600GT
Old 10-25-2005, 08:23 AM

Pseudocode for a randomizer:

-Start
-Count number of folders in predefined "Skins" storage folder
-Assign each folder name to a numbered case
-Generate random number, between 1 and numberOfSkinsFolders
-Use random number as selection of case
-The case copies the contents of the respective skin folder into the BTV images folder, with overwrite enabled
-Launch BTV3Dshell
-End

Your BTV shortcuts could be re-aimed at this script instead of directly at the BTV3DShell executable, so each launch of BeyondTv would have a random skin.

One thing I would personally love someone to come-up with...
-Back in the day Sony VAIO laptops shiped with a script that altered your Windows desktop based on time of day...
-I think it would be awesome (used in conjunction with skins like the Moonlit background) to have this effect within viewscape...moon and stars for watching at night, bright and colorful for the day...even variations for morning-afternoon-evening.....

Last edited by shagam; 10-25-2005 at 08:48 AM.
Old 10-30-2005, 10:26 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to PBMax Send a message via AIM to PBMax Send a message via Yahoo to PBMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagam
PBMax: Hook me up with a link to the beyond media skin, or at least a decent screenshot of it...

Prespd: I gave those two colors an attempt, but the boldness of the blue in your skin and the pastel green in the artwork just didn't gel... if you can find anything that blends the colors the way you like, send them my way so I can get a better feel...

Sorry for the delay in a reply. I've been busy. Here is a link where you can download a trial of Beyond Media. All the graphics are in the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SnapStream\Beyond Media\Skins\BlueWave directory.
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 4200+ | Motherboard: ASUS A8N-VM | RAM: 1GB DDR400 | Tuner: Hauppauge PVR500 | Graphics card: Onboard NVIDIA GeForce 6150 | Sound Card: Onboard ADI AD1986A via SPDIF | Hard Drives(1040GB Total): 1x Seagate 40GB - 4x Maxtor 250GB | Samsung 16x DL DVD+-R | Display: Panasonic PT-50LC13 50" LCD RPTV HDTV via HD15 | OS: Windows XP Pro SP-2 | Wireless Keyboard and Mouse | Remote: FireFly

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: