SnapStream Forums

Go Back   SnapStream Forums > User-to-User Troubleshooting & Support Forums > Firefly PC Remote User-to-User Troubleshooting & Support Forum
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2007, 11:56 AM

Switching from a Firefly to a Firefly mini remote.

Hello to all...

I am considering switching from the Firefly remote that I currently use with BTV 4.5 to the Firefly mini. My reason for this is that I use the Harmony 890 remote for all of my other devices. It will not work as a Firefly replacement but it will work as a Firefly mini replacement. Is the switch as simple as uninstalling the Firefly software and plugging in the Firefly mini ir recever or is there going to be more to this?

Also I have a Origen x15E case which has a built in ir receiver. Will this receiver work with BTV 4.5 and the Firefly mini so that I don't have to use the Firefly mini's ir receiver?

I sure would like to get rid of this one last remote.

Thanks for any and all help.

Rich

Last edited by rbucholtz; 01-03-2007 at 11:58 AM. Reason: change some text
Old 01-03-2007, 07:13 PM

Re: Switching from a Firefly to a Firefly mini remote.

Hello Rich,
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbucholtz View Post
Is the switch as simple as uninstalling the Firefly software and plugging in the Firefly mini ir recever or is there going to be more to this?
Yes this will be as simple as this. Uninstall the Firefly software and plug in the Firefly mini IR receiver (no drivers required and you'll be able to use my software to customize the remote buttons a little more if you want).

Quote:
Also I have a Origen x15E case which has a built in ir receiver. Will this receiver work with BTV 4.5 and the Firefly mini so that I don't have to use the Firefly mini's ir receiver?
No it will certainly not work, you have to use the Firefly mini receiver.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Beyond TV 4.2 - BTV XMLTV Importer - Web Based Program Guide - Firefly, Firefly Mini, Streamzap, USB-UIRT or MCE Remote Tool