SnapStream Forums

Go Back   SnapStream Forums > User-to-User Troubleshooting & Support Forums > Beyond TV and Beyond TV Link User-to-User Troubleshooting & Support Forum
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2006, 09:25 AM

BTV Guide - Auto-Updating of guide data keeps disabling itself

Anyone seen where the guide goes to download, fails and switches it's setting to disable auto-updating of the program guide? I've been fighting with this problem the last 2 or 3 weeks since I upgraded to BTV 4.4. When I'd come home in the evenings, sometimes the guide data would be completely blank, filled with the default "unavailable" descripton on every channel. When I did this, I figured out that if I re-ran the setup wizard, it would fix things, albeit temporarilly and the problem would return.

I then figured out that somewhere along the way, the setting in the Snapstream.net section that tells BTV to enable/disable automatic guide downloads was automatically being switched to "disabled". Yesterday I was sitting on the Program Guide, looking at true guide data, saw the updater kickin by itself, fail to update, then disable itself, dumping the entire guide back to "unavailable" again.

Any ideas or have you guys seen this one before?
Old 09-26-2006, 06:20 PM

Re: BTV Guide - Auto-Updating of guide data keeps disabling itself

*bump*
Old 09-26-2006, 07:38 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to cpmiv
Re: BTV Guide - Auto-Updating of guide data keeps disabling itself

Try this:

http://forums.snapstream.com/vb/showthread.php?t=22335

I had some problems with the guide taking a dive but everything's been fine since I started running this. Only downer is if you reboot your PC you'll have to reconfigure this app, as it doesn't hold its settings.
HTPC: Shuttle SB61G2| P4 2.8| 512MB Ram| 10/100| BTV Link 4.x | 100 GB HD
Email
Old 10-23-2006, 03:24 PM

Thumbs up Re: BTV Guide - Auto-Updating of guide data keeps disabling itself

Well I found a solution in my case. I was running to the same problem. Guide would update to 50% and then just stop. The only error message was that the data table couldnt be loaded. I was about to uninstall and reinstall BTV when i noticed that the C: drive (OS only) was down to only 10 MB of free space. Although I had 10 Gigs free space on my Programs (D:) drive and over 300GB of freespace on my (E:) Recorded_TV drive where I save the mpg files, it seems the C: drive was the culprit.

I used Partition Magic to move 2 Gigs from D: drive to my C: Drive and voila. I rebooted and the Guide updated immediately and was soon at 100% going from only 2 days of guide data available and going to two weeks of guide data available.

I hope this helps someone in the same situation.