SnapStream Forums

Go Back   SnapStream Forums > User-to-User Troubleshooting & Support Forums > Beyond TV and Beyond TV Link User-to-User Troubleshooting & Support Forum
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2006, 09:30 PM

Error opening file for writing: "C:\Program Files\SnapStream Medaia\Beyond TV\SnapStr

Running BeyondTV on a Windows 2000 System with a Hauppage 150 PCI card. Haven't been able to get it to work since I got it and support have been totally uncooperative (I had one exchange with them were they suggested several steps I should take and after I indicated that none of those steps fixed my problem I didn't hear anything else). I decided to upgrade from 4.0 to 4.1 and when installing the 4.1 upgrade I get the following message

Error opening file for writing: "C:\Program Files\SnapStream Medaia\Beyond TV\SnapStreamAud.ax". Restore, Cancel, or Ignore.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Old 01-28-2006, 09:47 PM

Re: Error opening file for writing: "C:\Program Files\SnapStream Medaia\Beyond TV\SnapStr

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazykatt
Error opening file for writing: "C:\Program Files\SnapStream Medaia\Beyond TV\SnapStreamAud.ax". Restore, Cancel, or Ignore.
As this is a DirectShow filter, it could have been used by another application and this application somehow get a lock on it when you did the upgrade of BTV.

The best thing to do is to cancel the installation. Reboot your machine and install it again. If this fail, then remove BTV, reboot, reinstall.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Beyond TV 4.2 - BTV XMLTV Importer - Web Based Program Guide - Firefly, Firefly Mini, Streamzap, USB-UIRT or MCE Remote Tool