SnapStream Forums

Go Back   SnapStream Forums > SnapStream Developer Network > Beyond TV Downloads
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 41 votes, 4.83 average. Display Modes
Old 09-08-2005, 11:48 AM

Re: [addon] AutoXvid (Aug 18 Update)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leecole
It is .NET that doesn't like the "&" inside a XML file.
Lee Cole
I think that this is actually a general XML thing and not specific to the .NET XML reader. If you want to include an & in the XML, use "&" instead (if I recall).

FRONT-END: uiMimic r6-p4 (Beyond TV Configuration)
BACK-END: Beyond TV
REMOTE CONTROL:Harmony SST-659
OS:Windows XP SP2 | MAINBOARD:ASUS A8V Deluxe | CPU:Athlon 64 3200+ (DUAL CORE) | MEMORY:1 GB
ON-LINE STORAGE:360 GB | OFF-LINE STORAGE:LG Super Multi DVD Drive
VIDEO OUTPUT:ATI All-In-Wonder 9800 PRO (Component Video, 1080i)
VIDEO CAPTURE:3 x Hauppauge PVR-250
HOME THEATRE:Toshiba 42H83 42" HDTV, Yamaha HTR-5760 AV Receiver, Harman Kardon DVD-22 DVD Player
Old 09-08-2005, 12:14 PM
l33t Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deria
I think that this is actually a general XML thing and not specific to the .NET XML reader. If you want to include an & in the XML, use "&" instead (if I recall).
I am sure you are correct. My knowledge of XML, .NET, COM, etc. are just what I pick up by observing. Yes, that's what i did, & instead of the &. At first I thought it was a IE thing, but %ASC(&) didn't make any difference, so I examined a few XML files and descovered that they used & so that's what I did.
Lee Cole

AUTOXVID - Check this out:
AutoXvid Manual -
http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AU...dHc2Y2Q4&hl=en
Old 09-09-2005, 08:14 PM

I just wanted to thank you for this project. This is what I've been looking for ever since I bought BTV.

One question, though. It is alright to configure AutoXvid.ini with just one of my Video folders? I have two video folders on my HTPC. M:\Video and M:\Video\Video_to_Compress. M:\Video has Recursive Subdirectories turned OFF. M:\Video\Video_to_Compress has Recursive Subdirectores tuned ON. The reason for the two video folders was that I want to compress certain recordings, but not all recordings.

The top part of my AutoXvid.ini is set like this:

[AutoXVID]
AutoGKPath= C:\Program Files\AutoGK\AutoGK.exe
BTVRecordFolders= M:\Video\Video_to_Compress
BTVRecurseFolders= M:\Video\Video_to_Compress
OutPutSize= FileSize 30%
Priority= Low
MakeSubDir= No
SubDirFormat= Genre\Title
Logging= Yes
Quite= Yes
OutPutFolder= M:\Video\Video_to_Compress

[Episode]
EpisodeData= Yes

[SubTitles]
SubTitlesDesired= No
BurnSubTitles= No
CCPath= .subtitles

[ScheduledRun]
AGKExecutionHours= Immediate
WaitForSmartChapters= Yes
DeleteSource= Yes
ShutDown= No

Is this correct and will this cause any problems?

Thanks!

Last edited by cmcquistion; 09-09-2005 at 08:21 PM.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:39 PM
l33t Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcquistion
I just wanted to thank you for this project. This is what I've been looking for ever since I bought BTV.

One question, though. It is alright to configure AutoXvid.ini with just one of my Video folders? I have two video folders on my HTPC. M:\Video and M:\Video\Video_to_Compress. M:\Video has Recursive Subdirectories turned OFF. M:\Video\Video_to_Compress has Recursive Subdirectores tuned ON. The reason for the two video folders was that I want to compress certain recordings, but not all recordings.

The top part of my AutoXvid.ini is set like this:

[AutoXVID]
OutPutSize= FileSize 30%
Priority= Low
MakeSubDir= No
Logging= Yes
Quite= Yes

[Episode]
EpisodeData= Yes

[SubTitles]
SubTitlesDesired= No
BurnSubTitles= No
CCPath= .subtitles

[ScheduledRun]
AGKExecutionHours= Immediate
WaitForSmartChapters= Yes
DeleteSource= Yes
ShutDown= No

Is this correct and will this cause any problems?

Thanks!
Yes, that will work OK. I would set DeleteSource= No until you become confident that everything is working like you expect. You have WaitForSmartChapters= Yes, so the source will not be deleted, nor will the AVI be mpved into your destination folder until BTV finishes SmartChapters. On my system, that is the final thing to take place. I have AutoGK build the AVI in the root of the drive that contains your destination folder. In your case, drive M:\. I do this because BTV opens any folder that appears in a Recurse dir and once the folder is opened by BTV, it cannot be deleted until every program that has opened it, is closed. So all of AutoGK's work files and work dir gets locked in place, so I avoid this by having AutoGK work in the root of the drive.
Thanks for trying AotoXvid.
Lee Cole

AutoXvid Manual -
Old 09-10-2005, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Yes, that will work OK. I would set DeleteSource=
************ snip ****************

Lee Cole
As I struggle with your seemingly GREAT proggie, I couldn't help but notice:

[AutoXVID]
OutPutSize= FileSize 30%
Priority= Low
MakeSubDir= No
Logging= Yes
Quite= Yes should be "quiet"?

Sorry once a writer always a writer...... and once a programmer who was notorious for mis-spellings.......
Antec case (fanless), Intel MoBo, Dual Core 3.0, 4 gig mem, 250 gig SATA Boot Drive, 300 gig Music Storage Drive, 10TB Video Storage Drive(s), PVR-250, HD-PVR, MSI/NVidia 9800, Audigy 2 ZX, Direct TV HD21 Receiver, ATi Remote Wonder.

Connected to a Samsung DLP via VGA.

Using Meedio to control all Media except TV and Shoutcast for Audio Streaming.
Old 09-10-2005, 05:18 PM
l33t Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall
As I struggle with your seemingly GREAT proggie, I couldn't help but notice:

[AutoXVID]
OutPutSize= FileSize 30%
Priority= Low
MakeSubDir= No
Logging= Yes
Quite= Yes should be "quiet"?

Sorry once a writer always a writer...... and once a programmer who was notorious for mis-spellings.......
Of course, hitting myself in the head, spelling is just one of my many weak skills. I have corrected the spelling for the next release. Thanks for pointing this out.
Lee Cole

AutoXvid Manual -
Old 09-11-2005, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Of course, hitting myself in the head, spelling is just one of my many weak skills. I have corrected the spelling for the next release. Thanks for pointing this out.
Lee Cole
I have this annoying habit of spotting this stuff.

BTW, I'm not struggling with the program, I'm trying to understand what it does - exactly - before I add it to the system.

Going through all the posts ...

Can you tell me - BRIEFLY - this is an addition to the recompression routine? Once installed, IF a program is recorded and saved to a certain folder, after recording is finished - it's recompressed to Xvid?
Antec case (fanless), Intel MoBo, Dual Core 3.0, 4 gig mem, 250 gig SATA Boot Drive, 300 gig Music Storage Drive, 10TB Video Storage Drive(s), PVR-250, HD-PVR, MSI/NVidia 9800, Audigy 2 ZX, Direct TV HD21 Receiver, ATi Remote Wonder.

Old 09-11-2005, 09:14 AM
l33t Member

Quote:
I have this annoying habit of spotting this stuff.

BTW, I'm not struggling with the program, I'm trying to understand what it does - exactly - before I add it to the system.

Going through all the posts ...

Can you tell me - BRIEFLY - this is an addition to the recompression routine? Once installed, IF a program is recorded and saved to a certain folder, after recording is finished - it's recompressed to Xvid?
That's right! Once installed, AudioXvid creat's an CutomPostProcessing.xml that BTV uses to execute AutoXvid after completion of each recording. AutoXvid checks to see if the recording is being posted from one of the BTVRecordingFolders. If not it just returns. If so, it 1) has EpisodeData use MetaDataExtractor to export MovieFilename.xml which contains episode info. It will later use this info (after editing it to correct Drive:\Path\Filename.FileType and Format ibfo) to import into the created AVI. 2) Create subtitles if desired and available. 3) Fill in AutoGK parameters and put mpg in AutoGK's queue. 4) Create a diskque of jobs. 4) Run ScheduledRun. 5) Return to BTV.
ScheduledRun reads INI for executionHours and if the current time is within AutoGK's executionhours, starts AutoGK, if not goes to sleep untill first AutoGK executionhour. After that, ScheduledRun wakes every 5 minutes to check if any jobs have been completed by AutoGk (plus SmartChapters), if any are complete, moves AVI, imports (using EpisodeData and MetaDataExtractor) episode info into BTV, cleans up AutoGK work dir and work files.
That's a brief sketch of the operation.
Lee Cole

AutoXvid Manual -

Last edited by leecole; 09-11-2005 at 09:17 AM.
Old 09-11-2005, 12:01 PM

Quote:
That's right! Once installed, AudioXvid creat's an CutomPostProcessing.xml that BTV uses to execute AutoXvid after completion of each recording. AutoXvid checks to see if the recording is being posted from one of the BTVRecordingFolders.
Lee Cole
I assume I can limit it to look in only ONE folder? Which I've put into autoxvid.ini, now that I've installed everything - nothing happens when I drag a mpg onto the autoxvid's icon. When I open AutoGK, there is nothing entered.

Any ideas?

BTW, I'm using AutoGK 1.9 as I can't find 1.6.

OH, did I thank you for a GREAT ONE?

Last edited by Randall; 09-11-2005 at 12:12 PM.
Old 09-11-2005, 12:17 PM
l33t Member

Quote:
I assume I can limit it to look in only ONE folder? Which I've put into autoxvid.ini, now that I've installed everything - nothing happens when I drag a mpg onto the autoxvid's icon. When I open AutoGK, there is nothing entered.

Any ideas?

OH, did I thank you for a GREAT ONE?
Did you drag it from M:\Video\Video_to_Compress? If not, AutoXvid, just returns. I originally had AutoXvid process all files from any folder, but user's wanted to be able to limit which recordings were processed? If it was from M:\Video\Video_to_Compress, did anything get logged? A AutoXvid.log in thr folder where the AutoXvid programs were placed.
Lee Cole

AutoXvid Manual -
Old 09-11-2005, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Did you drag it from M:\Video\Video_to_Compress? If not, AutoXvid, just returns. I originally had AutoXvid process all files from any folder, but user's wanted to be able to limit which recordings were processed? If it was from M:\Video\Video_to_Compress, did anything get logged? A AutoXvid.log in thr folder where the AutoXvid programs were placed.
Lee Cole
I did NOT drag it FROM d:\MPG to Convert (my setting) I dragged it from the folder within which it resides to the icon. Doesit have to COME FROM the folder noted in the ini file?

I'm doing a 15 minute test record as we speak - so I'll see shortly.

Also, I've told the proggieto wait for smart-chapters - what if I've told a particular recording NOT to generate them - will it continue?

1. Okay - finished and this is what popped up over the AutoGK window:
2. also dragging the file FROM the d:\MPG to Convert - didn't help
3. Episodedata.exe is there.

Last edited by Randall; 02-15-2008 at 05:58 PM.
Old 09-11-2005, 01:05 PM
l33t Member

Quote:
I did NOT drag it FROM d:\MPG to Convert (my setting) I dragged it from the folder within which it resides to the icon. Doesit have to COME FROM the folder noted in the ini file?

I'm doing a 15 minute test record as we speak - so I'll see shortly.

Also, I've told the proggieto wait for smart-chapters - what if I've told a particular recording NOT to generate them - will it continue?
Yes, AutoXvid takes the path that is passed to it (in this case from the Drag/drop) and compares that path to what it read from INI BTVRecordFolders. If no match, it just returns.
If WaitForSmartChapters=Yes, ScheduledRun would wait forever before moving the AVI from m:\ to the destination folder and importing the EpisodeData.
The alternative, is to code WaitForSmartChapters=No, and move and rename filename.mpg.chapters.xnl to the destination folder renaming it to filename.avi.chapters.xml.
Lee Cole

AutoXvid Manual -
Old 09-11-2005, 01:26 PM

Is there any particular version of AutoGK that we should be using? 1.96 (stable) doesn't seem to be finishing jobs that it starts on my system.
Old 09-11-2005, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Yes, AutoXvid takes the path that is passed to it (in this case from the Drag/drop) and compares that path to what it read from INI BTVRecordFolders. If no match, it just returns.
If WaitForSmartChapters=Yes, ScheduledRun would wait forever before moving the AVI from m:\ to the destination folder and importing the EpisodeData.
The alternative, is to code WaitForSmartChapters=No, and move and rename filename.mpg.chapters.xnl to the destination folder renaming it to filename.avi.chapters.xml.
Lee Cole
Changed the "waitforsmartchapters" to no and still the error above.

Stumped.

Old 09-11-2005, 02:05 PM
l33t Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcquistion
Is there any particular version of AutoGK that we should be using? 1.96 (stable) doesn't seem to be finishing jobs that it starts on my system.
I have tested with all versions I could get my hands on. The only version I have had trouble with was the very latest beta. I expect it will be OK by the time it goes stable.
Is there a _agk subdir in the ROOT of the drive that contains your destination folder? If so, AutoGK has started processing. If not, what do you have in AutoXvid.ini for AGKExecutionHours? If so, does the AVI exist there? If the AVI is there, is there a filename_agk.log file there? If not, the AVI isn't finished yet. If so, then the AVI is finished, and I need to know what you have in the AutoXvid.ini for WaitForSmartChapters? Usually, on my system, AutoGK finishes encoding to AVI before BTV can build filename.mpg.chapters.xml.
Lee Cole

AutoXvid Manual -

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: