SnapStream Forums

Go Back   SnapStream Forums > SnapStream Developer Network > Beyond TV Downloads
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 43 votes, 4.84 average. Display Modes
Old 08-06-2006, 12:11 PM

Re: [addon] AutoXvid (November 12 Update)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leecole
TpRepair.exe 3.3.1.1
- Initilize variable $Meg2Repair at time of declaration.

Ah, yes, my broadband is back this morning.
Thanks!!!
Old 08-06-2006, 02:44 PM
l33t Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezpchardware
I beleive windows xp home and pro operate about the same.
(Dual Proc support was the reason why I went with xp pro)

Perhaps the problem with my setup is the fact that I use multi users.

When I switch back to my user were everything is limited to everything resumes with some exceptions of autogk being in a loop.

I only use dummy.exe on my other system without Btv installed.

What I mean for the last question is perhaps there is a way to encode both the original mpg and cut mpg setting a new parameter to do just that, sometimes I lose part of the show missing the beginning or the end, since its the first week I record and autoxvid them, its just to be able to cut them manually if I need to, until i fix the ini.

Thanks for all your help.

Marcel
Bad news is, I cannot find any way, short of doing a msg input prompt, to detect that there is no I/O devices current for the applications. Good news is, I think the following will work for encoding the original recording while proceeding with the cut commercials. I have only tested with ComSkip-VideoRedo (CSVReDo.exe) with the final version. I tested concept with ComSkipX, but changes have been made since that test.

- New AutoXvid parametere:
ChannelEncodeBoth= comma seperated list of channels which we want both original recording and a cut commercial recording encoded.
SeriesEncodeBoth= comma seperated list of series keywords which we want both original recording and a cut commercial recording encoded.

Only affects the cut commercial process. AutoXvid will start thread to cut commercials and if channel is listed in ChannelEncodeBoth or series keyword is listed in SeriesEncodeBoth, will continue the encode process on original recording. The Cut Commercial processes will ignore DeleteSource if ChannelEncodeBoth or SeriesEncodeBoth is on.

AutoXvid.exe 3.3.1.10
- Add SeriesEncodeBoth and SeriesEncodeBoth to start two treads - cut and encode 3.3.1.10
ComSkipX.exe 3.3.1.8
- Add SeriesEncodeBoth and SeriesEncodeBoth support 3.3.1.8
CSVReDo.exe 3.3.1.8
Cut.exe 3.3.1.1
- Add SeriesEncodeBoth and SeriesEncodeBoth support 3.3.1.1
TpRepair.exe 3.3.1.2
- Add SeriesEncodeBoth and SeriesEncodeBoth support 3.3.1.2

AUTOXVID - Check this out:
AutoXvid Manual -
http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AU...dHc2Y2Q4&hl=en

Last edited by leecole; 12-06-2007 at 06:08 AM.
Old 08-08-2006, 06:47 AM

Send a message via ICQ to ezpchardware Send a message via MSN to ezpchardware

Quote:
Bad news is, I cannot find any way, short of doing a msg input prompt, to detect that there is no I/O devices current for the applications. Good news is, I think the following will work for encoding the original recording while proceeding with the cut commercials. I have only tested with ComSkip-VideoRedo (CSVReDo.exe) with the final version. I tested concept with ComSkipX, but changes have been made since that test.

- New AutoXvid parametere:
ChannelEncodeBoth= comma seperated list of channels which we want both original recording and a cut commercial recording encoded.
SeriesEncodeBoth= comma seperated list of series keywords which we want both original recording and a cut commercial recording encoded.

Only affects the cut commercial process. AutoXvid will start thread to cut commercials and if channel is listed in ChannelEncodeBoth or series keyword is listed in SeriesEncodeBoth, will continue the encode process on original recording. The Cut Commercial processes will ignore DeleteSource if ChannelEncodeBoth or SeriesEncodeBoth is on.

AutoXvid.exe 3.3.1.10
- Add SeriesEncodeBoth and SeriesEncodeBoth to start two treads - cut and encode 3.3.1.10
ComSkipX.exe 3.3.1.8
CSVReDo.exe 3.3.1.8
Cut.exe 3.3.1.1
- Add SeriesEncodeBoth and SeriesEncodeBoth support 3.3.1.1
TpRepair.exe 3.3.1.2
- Add SeriesEncodeBoth and SeriesEncodeBoth support 3.3.1.2

Lee, your tha man.
Thanks again, never expected someone to take my idea and actually get it done.

Old 08-08-2006, 10:17 AM

I'm pretty sure this isn't the right place to post this, but this thread is now alive and nearly out of control ...

I can't get avicut to work, always a:

2006-08-08 09:13:52 : AVICut - Return code from cbreak is: 6
2006-08-08 09:13:52 : AVICut.exe exiting with RC=Failed

Any ideas what this is? Or if thisis the wrong place - I "believe" Lee wrote this - letme know where I should post it instead.
Antec case (fanless), Intel MoBo, Dual Core 3.0, 4 gig mem, 250 gig SATA Boot Drive, 300 gig Music Storage Drive, 10TB Video Storage Drive(s), PVR-250, HD-PVR, MSI/NVidia 9800, Audigy 2 ZX, Direct TV HD21 Receiver, ATi Remote Wonder.

Connected to a Samsung DLP via VGA.

Using Meedio to control all Media except TV and Shoutcast for Audio Streaming.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:46 AM
l33t Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall
I'm pretty sure this isn't the right place to post this, but this thread is now alive and nearly out of control ...

I can't get avicut to work, always a:

2006-08-08 09:13:52 : AVICut - Return code from cbreak is: 6
2006-08-08 09:13:52 : AVICut.exe exiting with RC=Failed

Any ideas what this is? Or if thisis the wrong place - I "believe" Lee wrote this - letme know where I should post it instead.
What is the Drive:\Path\RecordingName.FileType that you are passing? Many tools don't always handle certain characters in the name. Example: Does the RecordingName contain colon, period, or comma? I haven't run cbreak enough to know how tolerant it is to special characters.

AutoXvid Manual -
Old 08-08-2006, 11:09 AM

Quote:
What is the Drive:\Path\RecordingName.FileType that you are passing? Many tools don't always handle certain characters in the name. Example: Does the RecordingName contain colon, period, or comma? I haven't run cbreak enough to know how tolerant it is to special characters.
Hi Lee - long time....

Can you tell me, as I can not find any real info, what exactly the steps are that is performs?

It creates the x:\cbreak folder and there is a copy of the file in there - that much I see, beyond that... AND the tray icon always says "cutting ... " until the flashing red X.

Am trying the renamed file - they are straight from how BTV names them.

Also, the script ALWAYS pauses shortly after AutoXvid flashes and disappears from the tray, I have to restart it and wait.

Am I right this is your baby?
Antec case (fanless), Intel MoBo, Dual Core 3.0, 4 gig mem, 250 gig SATA Boot Drive, 300 gig Music Storage Drive, 10TB Video Storage Drive(s), PVR-250, HD-PVR, MSI/NVidia 9800, Audigy 2 ZX, Direct TV HD21 Receiver, ATi Remote Wonder.

Old 08-08-2006, 11:49 AM
l33t Member

Quote:
Hi Lee - long time....

Can you tell me, as I can not find any real info, what exactly the steps are that is performs?

It creates the x:\cbreak folder and there is a copy of the file in there - that much I see, beyond that... AND the tray icon always says "cutting ... " until the flashing red X.

Am trying the renamed file - they are straight from how BTV names them.

Also, the script ALWAYS pauses shortly after AutoXvid flashes and disappears from the tray, I have to restart it and wait.

Am I right this is your baby?
cbreak isn't my baby, but AVICut, is. Post the log contents. It should have a "Posted with" statement. cbreak doesn't document it's returncodes so i have no idea what return code 6 means, but I assume cbreak is having a problem handling the input. I need to see the filename. There are many BTV recording files that tools have problems with. "Yes, Dear", "Mr. and Mrs. Smith", "CSI: NY", etc. All of these examples contain special characters that cause some tools problems.

What does it do? It scans a "video.AVI" file for commercials, and rewrites the AVI as "video_CB.AVI" with the commercials removed.

A flashing Red X usually means you clicked a AutoIt program icon, which pauses the program. To restart execution, you must right click the icon and unmark the "Script paused". Then the flashing red X will disappear.

AutoXvid Manual -
Old 08-08-2006, 11:58 AM

Quote:
cbreak isn't my baby, but AVICut, is. Post the log contents. It should have a "Posted with" statement. cbreak doesn't document it's returncodes so i have no idea what return code 6 means, but I assume cbreak is having a problem handling the input. I need to see the filename. There are many BTV recording files that tools have problems with. "Yes, Dear", "Mr. and Mrs. Smith", "CSI: NY", etc. All of these examples contain special characters that cause some tools problems.
I E-Mailed him in hopes of finding out, but to no avail.

Quote:
What does it do? It scans a "video.AVI" file for commercials, and rewrites the AVI as "video_CB.AVI" with the commercials removed.
I meant i guess, is there anything I can "monitor"? As I said it does create the d:\cbreak folder, copies the video to it, but from there....

Quote:
A flashing Red X usually means you clicked a AutoIt program icon, which pauses the program. To restart execution, you must right click the icon and unmark the "Script paused". Then the flashing red X will disappear.
Here is the AutoXvid log for this try:

2006-08-08 10:06:18 : AVICut - Browser(Choose the recording you wish to remove commercials from...,d:\temp,Videos (*.avi),3)
2006-08-08 10:06:30 : EpisodeData - MetaDataExtractor crash extracting data for D:\Temp\Shakespeare.avi
2006-08-08 10:06:30 : EpisodeData was unable to extract any Episode info from Beyond TV
2006-08-08 10:08:41 : AVICut - running cbreak.exe "D:\CBreak\Shakespeare.avi" "D:\CBreak\Shakespeare_CB.avi" -r -f1 -p5 -b60 -l120 -d20 -s60
2006-08-08 10:12:48 : AVICut - Return code from cbreak is: 6
2006-08-08 10:12:52 : AVICut.exe exiting with RC=Failed

To my knowledge, the Shakespeare_CD.avi is NOT ever created.

Old 08-08-2006, 12:27 PM
l33t Member

Quote:
I E-Mailed him in hopes of finding out, but to no avail.

I meant i guess, is there anything I can "monitor"? As I said it does create the d:\cbreak folder, copies the video to it, but from there....

Here is the AutoXvid log for this try:

2006-08-08 10:06:18 : AVICut - Browser(Choose the recording you wish to remove commercials from...,d:\temp,Videos (*.avi),3)
2006-08-08 10:06:30 : EpisodeData - MetaDataExtractor crash extracting data for D:\Temp\Shakespeare.avi
2006-08-08 10:06:30 : EpisodeData was unable to extract any Episode info from Beyond TV
2006-08-08 10:08:41 : AVICut - running cbreak.exe "D:\CBreak\Shakespeare.avi" "D:\CBreak\Shakespeare_CB.avi" -r -f1 -p5 -b60 -l120 -d20 -s60
2006-08-08 10:12:48 : AVICut - Return code from cbreak is: 6
2006-08-08 10:12:52 : AVICut.exe exiting with RC=Failed

To my knowledge, the Shakespeare_CD.avi is NOT ever created.
And the name doesn't contain any special characters, so it isn't a problem of cbreak getting confused by special characters. How was this avi created? Is it Divx or Xvid, or something else? I tested with both divx recordings created by Dr. Divx and xvid created by AutoGK, but I didn't have this sort of problem. I wasn't greatly impressed with cbreak since it always cut the final scene from my recordings, but it did also remove the commercials. I don't have any idea why it fails. The total knowledge I have is from http://devices.natetrue.com/cbreak/ and that site doesn't even mention returncodes. My program just creates a folder to isolate for cbreak to work in, and calls it with option parameters from the ini. My program logs the cbreak return code but ignores it, AVICut return code is "Failed" because no "video_CB.avi" was created.

AutoXvid Manual -
Old 08-08-2006, 05:24 PM

Quote:
And the name doesn't contain any special characters, so it isn't a problem of cbreak getting confused by special characters. How was this avi created? Is it Divx or Xvid, or something else? I tested with both divx recordings created by Dr. Divx and xvid created by AutoGK, but I didn't have this sort of problem. I wasn't greatly impressed with cbreak since it always cut the final scene from my recordings, but it did also remove the commercials. I don't have any idea why it fails. The total knowledge I have is from http://devices.natetrue.com/cbreak/ and that site doesn't even mention returncodes. My program just creates a folder to isolate for cbreak to work in, and calls it with option parameters from the ini. My program logs the cbreak return code but ignores it, AVICut return code is "Failed" because no "video_CB.avi" was created.
It would seem - and I'm just at the biginning of this - that cbreak doesn't like the DiVx that the Plextor burns - AutoGK'd it to xvid and it works.

Can't figure out why though.

That's it. Converted to Xvid and it works - you're right about the ending though...

Now if I could just figure out why.

Last edited by Randall; 08-08-2006 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Addition
Old 08-08-2006, 05:48 PM
l33t Member

Quote:
It would seem - and I'm just at the biginning of this - that cbreak doesn't like the DiVx that the Plextor burns - AutoGK'd it to xvid and it works.

Can't figure out why though.
Yes, there seems to be very little info on cbreak, what works and what doesn't. What if anything is supported. I had a lot of AVI recordings that I had dome with Dr. Divx, and later AutoGK that had the commercials still in (done before I discovered comskip) so I used cbreak, but I haven't used it much since.

AutoXvid Manual -
Old 08-09-2006, 06:25 AM

Just curious ... I have a reque icon in the taskbar, but whenever I mouseover it it always says "Waiting on Beyound TV to startup" (spelling original). Is this normal? I am just curious because there are several files in my diskque file, but my cpu is sitting idle.

Oh, and I too would like to thank you for the great work you have done on this project (seems like i'm always complaining about something or other ... but really you have done a tremendous amount of work on this).
Old 08-09-2006, 07:22 AM
l33t Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magus505
Just curious ... I have a reque icon in the taskbar, but whenever I mouseover it it always says "Waiting on Beyound TV to startup" (spelling original). Is this normal? I am just curious because there are several files in my diskque file, but my cpu is sitting idle.

Oh, and I too would like to thank you for the great work you have done on this project (seems like i'm always complaining about something or other ... but really you have done a tremendous amount of work on this).
Are you running this on a system without BTV?
ReQue realizes that you have jobs that need to be restarted, but it waits on BTV before restarting those jobs, because without BTV, you will lose episode data.

As it is currently written, your choices are:
If BTV is installed:
1) Start BTV - when BTV is running, ReQue will restart the jobs.
If BTV is not installed:
1) Use Notepad to load Ques (DiskQue.txt, CutJobs.txt, ComSkipQ.txt, and HDCut.txt) make a list of Recordings that need to be restarted.
2) Delete the Ques
3) Right click ReQue icon and Exit ReQue.
4) Double click AutoXvid (exe or Shortcut) and manually select the Recordings listed.

I wrote AutoXvid package to automate processes, so I tried to avoid prompts, but in the interest of trying to make it work for the user(s) maybe I should reconsider?
Maybe have ReQue check the registry to see if BTV is installed, and work as designed if it is. If NOT, then:
1) Prompt the user to continue?
2) Don't prompt, just continue?

NOTE: Forgive my misspellings, I was born and raised a country hick, and sadly my public education failed to teach me spelling. The teachers tried, but I was hardheaded.

AutoXvid Manual -

Last edited by leecole; 08-09-2006 at 07:25 AM.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Yes, there seems to be very little info on cbreak, what works and what doesn't. What if anything is supported. I had a lot of AVI recordings that I had dome with Dr. Divx, and later AutoGK that had the commercials still in (done before I discovered comskip) so I used cbreak, but I haven't used it much since.
If you don't use cbreak - I'm assuming you don't record avi's much?

Old 08-09-2006, 07:50 AM
l33t Member

Quote:
If you don't use cbreak - I'm assuming you don't record avi's much?
I have no tuner that records to AVI directly, but I cut commercials from my mpg recordings using either ComSkipX or CpmSkip-VideoReDo, then convert the cut recordings to Xvid AVI with AutoGK. The only time I have used cbreak was to write and test AVICut, and then to remove commercials from my old recordings that were done before I had comskip. All this occurred over a weekend. Haven't used it since.

AutoXvid Manual -

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: