SnapStream Forums

Go Back   SnapStream Forums > SnapStream Developer Network > Beyond TV Downloads
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 43 votes, 4.84 average. Display Modes
Old 09-02-2005, 06:39 AM

Re: [addon] AutoXvid (Aug 18 Update)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leecole
Exactly Where is Beyond Tv installed? Normally it is installed at "C:\Program Files\SnapStream Media\Beyond TV 3" and under that should be a directory called wwwroot. My install program should have installed MetaDataExtractor.exe there, in wwwroot. I suspect that your Program Files directory is on D:\, right? Where ever, it is, verify that you have "Program Files\SnapStream Media\Beyond TV 3\wwwroot\MetaDataExtractor.exe".
Post with as much of that path that is complete.
Lee Cole
OK i had c:\ drive hardcoded for location of Program Files. Replace these two programs, InstallAutoXvid.exe and EpisodeData.exe. Rerun InstallAutoXvid and then try your Drag/drop.
Lee Cole
Sorry leecole I added the two files to my install but I still have the same problem with the EpisodeData.exe saying it can find the file. My program files are located in D:\AVI\Snapstream\Beyond TV3 I could not find MetaDataExtractor.exe in the wwwroot subdirectory.
Would it be possible to get a complete zipfile of the files needed to install? I want to rule out the possiblity that I may in all the install/uninstall attempts that I haven't lost something.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:02 AM
l33t Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototask
Sorry leecole I added the two files to my install but I still have the same problem with the EpisodeData.exe saying it can find the file. My program files are located in D:\AVI\Snapstream\Beyond TV3 I could not find MetaDataExtractor.exe in the wwwroot subdirectory.
Would it be possible to get a complete zipfile of the files needed to install? I want to rule out the possiblity that I may in all the install/uninstall attempts that I haven't lost something.
prototask,
This is hard, troubleshooting by posting back and forth, so bear with me. I can't provide a zip (I don't own WinZip) or a rar of the correct level, I don't have nor can I afford a development program that keeps a base copy and caches changes that would allow rebuilding at any development level. I have already started development of a new release (the InstallAutoXvid,exe may have built parameters in your INI that are meaningless at the level you are at). You could redownload the latest rar from the first entry of this forum, Unpack it into a AutoXvid subdir, install the new InstallAutoXvid.exe and the new EpisodeData.exe replacing the two that were just unpacked, then run InstallAutoXvid.exe. It is quite possible, that the MetaDataExtractor.exe was lost in a prior installation, since the original installation tried to move it from AutoXvid dir to a dir that did not exist. Something still bothers me though. You say "D:\AVI\Snapstream\Beyond TV3", I would have expected D:\AVI\Program Files\Snapstream\Beyond TV3". Does your taskbar "START-All Programs" list SnapStram-Beyond TV? In other words, does your OS know where snapstream is located. I think the Install program that SnapStream uses would obtain the location of the "START-Program Files" from the OS to install itself. Or did you install it, then later zip it up and move it to another drive? If that is the case, then I know of no way that my software will be able to locate BTV. If however the OS "knows" that it's 'Program Files' folder is really D:\AVI, then the new InstallAutoXvid and the new EpisodeData should work.

Before we go further, START-Run-regedit and tell me what HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Snapstream Media\Beyond TV\InstallDir says. Is it correct? And if so is there a wwwroot subdir at that location? Maybe that is what I could use. Not as simple as getting the system "Program Files" folder, but maybe better.
Lee Cole

AUTOXVID - Check this out:
AutoXvid Manual -
http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AU...dHc2Y2Q4&hl=en
Old 09-02-2005, 02:52 PM

Lee,
Hi, and Thanks for the reply! I do in fact have 2 PVR250's, but in this case I am recording 2 shows back to back meaning the 2nd starts 1/2 hr after the first. AutoXvid kicks in right after the first show ends and it is stll running AutoGK by the time the second show ends a 1/2 hr later, so they are then running AutoXvid in tandem from that point on.
I did some more testing on one of the failing episodes and I may have a new clue, when I tried doing a drag/drop of the .avi onto the episodedata icon, it will fail every time with error screens (attached below) which seem to be pointing at metadataextractor as the maybe the guilty party here....
Attached Images

HTPC-ASUS M3N78-VM, Phenom 9650, 2G RAM, Audio HDMI & Speakers, GT440 GPU, HVR-1800, Dvico Fusion5 USB, 1TB HD, GbE LAN, LG Blu-Ray, Antec NSK2400 case, nMediaPC RF Kybd & Remote, USB-UIRT, Mitsubishi 1080p LCD TV, XP SP3, BTV 4.9.3, XBMC
Media Server- Rackable Systems C2104 2xOpteron 275, 16G RAM ECC, 2x550W PS, Adaptec 4800SAS controller, 3x2TB RAID5, 2xGbE, APC UPS. VMWare ESXi 5 hypervisor, Debian 6 64bit VM
Old 09-02-2005, 04:16 PM

Quote:
prototask,
This is hard, troubleshooting by posting back and forth, so bear with me. I can't provide a zip (I don't own WinZip) or a rar of the correct level, I don't have nor can I afford a development program that keeps a base copy and caches changes that would allow rebuilding at any development level. I have already started development of a new release (the InstallAutoXvid,exe may have built parameters in your INI that are meaningless at the level you are at). You could redownload the latest rar from the first entry of this forum, Unpack it into a AutoXvid subdir, install the new InstallAutoXvid.exe and the new EpisodeData.exe replacing the two that were just unpacked, then run InstallAutoXvid.exe. It is quite possible, that the MetaDataExtractor.exe was lost in a prior installation, since the original installation tried to move it from AutoXvid dir to a dir that did not exist. Something still bothers me though. You say "D:\AVI\Snapstream\Beyond TV3", I would have expected D:\AVI\Program Files\Snapstream\Beyond TV3". Does your taskbar "START-All Programs" list SnapStram-Beyond TV? In other words, does your OS know where snapstream is located. I think the Install program that SnapStream uses would obtain the location of the "START-Program Files" from the OS to install itself. Or did you install it, then later zip it up and move it to another drive? If that is the case, then I know of no way that my software will be able to locate BTV. If however the OS "knows" that it's 'Program Files' folder is really D:\AVI, then the new InstallAutoXvid and the new EpisodeData should work.

Before we go further, START-Run-regedit and tell me what HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Snapstream Media\Beyond TV\InstallDir says. Is it correct? And if so is there a wwwroot subdir at that location? Maybe that is what I could use. Not as simple as getting the system "Program Files" folder, but maybe better.
Lee Cole
I checked the registry and Beyond TV is installed at the location in the registry and that location has a wwwroot subdirectory. What I find is that when I run InstallAutoXvid.exe the MetaDataExtractor.exe file disappears. I ran a search of my system and it is not on any drive.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:52 PM
l33t Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototask
I checked the registry and Beyond TV is installed at the location in the registry and that location has a wwwroot subdirectory. What I find is that when I run InstallAutoXvid.exe the MetaDataExtractor.exe file disappears. I ran a search of my system and it is not on any drive.
prototask, I replaced the InstallAutoXvid and the EpisodeData with ones that do a registry read to get the location of BTV and install the MetaDataExtracter there. I also added the MetaDataExtracter to that post. Go back to #135 and get these three exe's, put them in your AutoXvid folder, rerun InstallAutoXvid to get MetaDataExtracter installed, then try your test again. As I said earlier, you may have some unused parameters in your INI. If they aren't documented in the comments of the INI, then they are the unused ones. They shouldn't cause you any problem however.
Lee Cole

AutoXvid Manual -
Old 09-02-2005, 05:01 PM
l33t Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThickHead
Lee,
Hi, and Thanks for the reply! I do in fact have 2 PVR250's, but in this case I am recording 2 shows back to back meaning the 2nd starts 1/2 hr after the first. AutoXvid kicks in right after the first show ends and it is stll running AutoGK by the time the second show ends a 1/2 hr later, so they are then running AutoXvid in tandem from that point on.
I did some more testing on one of the failing episodes and I may have a new clue, when I tried doing a drag/drop of the .avi onto the episodedata icon, it will fail every time with error screens (attached below) which seem to be pointing at metadataextractor as the maybe the guilty party here....
I wonder if we could get away with you posting the avi and the xml so I could try to duplicate the proplem.
Lee Cole

AutoXvid Manual -
Old 09-02-2005, 08:00 PM

Quote:
prototask, I replaced the InstallAutoXvid and the EpisodeData with ones that do a registry read to get the location of BTV and install the MetaDataExtracter there. I also added the MetaDataExtracter to that post. Go back to #135 and get these three exe's, put them in your AutoXvid folder, rerun InstallAutoXvid to get MetaDataExtracter installed, then try your test again. As I said earlier, you may have some unused parameters in your INI. If they aren't documented in the comments of the INI, then they are the unused ones. They shouldn't cause you any problem however.
Lee Cole
leecole, that did it, I started an mpeg2 to xvid encode using drag and drop and it is running. If all goes well you will not have to hear from me again, but I will continue to sing your praise. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU
Old 09-02-2005, 08:32 PM
l33t Member

I will be out of town this weekend, please post any problems or comments, just don't expect an immediate answer.
Lee Cole

AutoXvid Manual -
Old 09-03-2005, 01:21 PM

Hi Lee,

I noticed your post below and thought I would offer some comments:

Quote:
can't provide a zip (I don't own WinZip)
7-Zip is an excellent free ZIP tool; you can get it from:

http://www.7-zip.org/

It does all the same things WinZip does and more. Its also free and opensource.

Quote:
don't have nor can I afford a development program that keeps a base copy and caches changes that would allow rebuilding at any development level.
For this, try TortoiseCVS, from:

http://www.tortoisecvs.org/index.shtml

It is free, opensource, and was apparently the SourceForge project of the month for the month of December, 2004. I haven't used it myself, but it looks quite worthwhile. Theres a note about half-way down the page with a link to a FAQ that will explain how to setup a local repository on your machine (basically a private repository sitting on your computer that you can check things into/out of).

Quote:
If however the OS "knows" that it's 'Program Files' folder is really D:\AVI, then the new InstallAutoXvid and the new EpisodeData should work.
I'm not sure I understand the whole discussion about where Beyond TV is located; the only reliable way of determining where Beyond TV is installed is to look at the registry entry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Snapstream Media\Beyond TV\InstallDir

If you use that registry entry, you should never have trouble locating Beyond TV on any computer on which it is installed. Hopefully some of this information will prove useful to you.

FRONT-END: uiMimic r6-p4 (Beyond TV Configuration)
BACK-END: Beyond TV
REMOTE CONTROL:Harmony SST-659
OS:Windows XP SP2 | MAINBOARD:ASUS A8V Deluxe | CPU:Athlon 64 3200+ (DUAL CORE) | MEMORY:1 GB
ON-LINE STORAGE:360 GB | OFF-LINE STORAGE:LG Super Multi DVD Drive
VIDEO OUTPUT:ATI All-In-Wonder 9800 PRO (Component Video, 1080i)
VIDEO CAPTURE:3 x Hauppauge PVR-250
HOME THEATRE:Toshiba 42H83 42" HDTV, Yamaha HTR-5760 AV Receiver, Harman Kardon DVD-22 DVD Player
Old 09-04-2005, 12:20 PM
l33t Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deria
Hi Lee,

I noticed your post below and thought I would offer some comments:

7-Zip is an excellent free ZIP tool; you can get it from:

http://www.7-zip.org/

It does all the same things WinZip does and more. Its also free and opensource.

For this, try TortoiseCVS, from:

http://www.tortoisecvs.org/index.shtml

It is free, opensource, and was apparently the SourceForge project of the month for the month of December, 2004. I haven't used it myself, but it looks quite worthwhile. Theres a note about half-way down the page with a link to a FAQ that will explain how to setup a local repository on your machine (basically a private repository sitting on your computer that you can check things into/out of).

I'm not sure I understand the whole discussion about where Beyond TV is located; the only reliable way of determining where Beyond TV is installed is to look at the registry entry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Snapstream Media\Beyond TV\InstallDir

If you use that registry entry, you should never have trouble locating Beyond TV on any computer on which it is installed. Hopefully some of this information will prove useful to you.
deria thanks, I think that it all will be useful. I just got both 7-zip and tortoisecvs and installed them. Looking forward to getting tortoisecvs set up. I finally realized on my own that I had to use the registry key Installdir. I had assumed that I could use the Windows Start->Program Files, but that just doen't cover the problem of a user that runs short of disk space on the C: drive.
Thanks for the pointers.
Lee Cole

AutoXvid Manual -
Old 09-06-2005, 08:21 AM

Hi Lee,
Got a new clue for you with regard to the failing runs I've been experiencing. I looked at event timestamps in AutoXvid.log vs. BTV's log file for both a succesful run and a failing run (which were recorded on different days so it's not just back to back recordings when this occurs) interestingly here's what I found...

First, here's my AutoXvid.log file for 2 shows recorded:
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________
2005-09-04 23:30:04 : AutoXvid: D:\Video\MP2\Seinfeld-(The Cigar-Store Indian)-2005-09-04-0.mpg
2005-09-04 23:30:04 : OutPutSize SB Quality 70%
2005-09-04 23:30:06 : EpisodeData exported episode data into D:\Video\MP2\Seinfeld-(The Cigar-Store Indian)-2005-09-04-0.xml
2005-09-04 23:30:13 : Final Path=D:\Video\MP4 MakeSubDir=0 DeleteSource=0 EpisodeData+1 Shutdown=0 Chapters=1
2005-09-04 23:30:13 : AutoXvid Qued D:\Video\MP2\Seinfeld-(The Cigar-Store Indian)-2005-09-04-0.mpg to AutoGK
2005-09-05 02:13:26 : Chapters D:\Video\MP2\Seinfeld-(The Cigar-Store Indian)-2005-09-04-0.mpg.chapters.xml Finished
2005-09-05 02:13:26 : D:\Seinfeld-(The Cigar-Store Indian)-2005-09-04-0_agk.log Found AutoGK finished
2005-09-05 02:13:26 : MakeSubDir pff, so target directory may not be a Beyound TV Folder
2005-09-05 02:13:26 : XmlEdit: D:\Video\MP4\Seinfeld-(The Cigar-Store Indian)-2005-09-04-0.xml
2005-09-05 02:13:26 : EpisodeData was rejected by Beyound TV
2005-09-05 02:13:26 : CleanUp has completed removing files for D:\Video\MP2\Seinfeld-(The Cigar-Store Indian)-2005-09-04-0.mpg
2005-09-05 02:13:27 : CleanUp is shutting down AutoGK!
2005-09-05 02:13:27 : ScheduledRun exiting with RC=1
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________
2005-09-05 19:30:04 : AutoXvid: D:\Video\MP2\Seinfeld-(The Stall)-2005-09-05-0.mpg
2005-09-05 19:30:04 : OutPutSize SB Quality 70%
2005-09-05 19:30:06 : EpisodeData exported episode data into D:\Video\MP2\Seinfeld-(The Stall)-2005-09-05-0.xml
2005-09-05 19:30:12 : Final Path=D:\Video\MP4 MakeSubDir=0 DeleteSource=0 EpisodeData+1 Shutdown=0 Chapters=1
2005-09-05 19:30:12 : AutoXvid Qued D:\Video\MP2\Seinfeld-(The Stall)-2005-09-05-0.mpg to AutoGK
2005-09-05 22:08:15 : Chapters D:\Video\MP2\Seinfeld-(The Stall)-2005-09-05-0.mpg.chapters.xml Finished
2005-09-05 22:08:15 : D:\Seinfeld-(The Stall)-2005-09-05-0_agk.log Found AutoGK finished
2005-09-05 22:08:15 : MakeSubDir pff, so target directory may not be a Beyound TV Folder
2005-09-05 22:08:16 : XmlEdit: D:\Video\MP4\Seinfeld-(The Stall)-2005-09-05-0.xml
2005-09-05 22:08:17 : EpisodeData has saved episode data into D:\Video\MP4\Seinfeld-(The Stall)-2005-09-05-0.avi
2005-09-05 22:08:17 : CleanUp has completed removing files for D:\Video\MP2\Seinfeld-(The Stall)-2005-09-05-0.mpg
2005-09-05 22:08:17 : CleanUp is shutting down AutoGK!
2005-09-05 22:08:17 : ScheduledRun exiting with RC=1

The first show "Cigar-Store Indian" failed, while "The Stall" ran succesfully .

Here are my BTV logs for the 2 recordings:
"Cigar-Store Indian"....

[9/4/2005 23:01:44] Attempting to dispatch Seinfeld on Coax - 1
[9/4/2005 23:01:44] Using Best (DVD Ready) quality.
[9/4/2005 23:01:45] Using Default encoder SDK
[9/4/2005 23:01:45] Creating card builder for 'Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II Capture'
[9/4/2005 23:01:46] Set TV format to NTSC_M.
[9/4/2005 23:01:46] Setting P-Frames to: 5
[9/4/2005 23:01:46] Setting B-Frames to: 2
[9/4/2005 23:01:46] Setting MPEG-2 constant video bitrate to: 7000000
[9/4/2005 23:01:46] Setting MPEG-2 audio sampling rate to: 48000 Hz
[9/4/2005 23:01:46] Setting MPEG-2 audio bitrate to: 224000
[9/4/2005 23:01:46] Setting MPEG-2 stream type to MPEG2 DVD Stream.
[9/4/2005 23:01:46] Setting MPEG-2 capture dimensions: 720 x 480
[9/4/2005 23:01:46] Setting MPEG-2 frame rate: 29.970000 frames/sec
[9/4/2005 23:01:46] Device-specific capture graph built successfully!
[9/4/2005 23:01:46] Using "Video Tuner" crossbar input.
[9/4/2005 23:01:46] Setting country code: 1
[9/4/2005 23:01:46] Setting tuner mode: 1
[9/4/2005 23:01:46] Setting tuner for antenna input
[9/4/2005 23:01:46] PVSBaseEngine - Setting TV Audio mode to stereo, primary language.
[9/4/2005 23:01:46] PVSBaseEngine - TV Audio mode set - stereo.
[9/4/2005 23:01:46] PVSBaseEngine - TV Audio mode set - SAP Language A.
[9/4/2005 23:01:47] Opening a new slice at D:\Video\MP2\Seinfeld-(The Cigar-Store Indian)-2005-09-04-0.mpg
[9/4/2005 23:01:47] Marking the initial slice D:\Video\MP2\Seinfeld-(The Cigar-Store Indian)-2005-09-04-0.mpg as a recording.
[9/4/2005 23:01:47] Using "Video Tuner" crossbar input.
[9/4/2005 23:01:47] Started recording to: D:\Video\MP2\Seinfeld-(The Cigar-Store Indian)-2005-09-04-0.mpg
[9/4/2005 23:01:47] Successfully dispatched Seinfeld on Coax - 1
[9/4/2005 23:01:48] Detected new media: D:\Video\MP2\seinfeld-(the cigar-store indian)-2005-09-04-0.mpg
[9/4/2005 23:30:01] Setting system wakeup time: 9/5 6:59 PM
[9/4/2005 23:30:01] Dispatcher stopping completed recording: Seinfeld - Original Start: 11:00 PM, Original Duration: 1800 sec, Adjusted Start: 11:00 PM, Adjusted Duration: 1800 sec, Global Padding: 0 sec
[9/4/2005 23:30:01] Final length of D:\Video\MP2\Seinfeld-(The Cigar-Store Indian)-2005-09-04-0.mpg is 1599537152 bytes.
[9/4/2005 23:30:01] CPVSRecorder::DetachFromBaseEngine - Unprepare finished.
[9/4/2005 23:30:01] CPVSRecorder::DetachFromBaseEngine - StopBaseEngine begins.
[9/4/2005 23:30:01] CPVSRecorder::DetachFromBaseEngine - StopBaseEngine finishes.
[9/4/2005 23:30:01] CPVSRecorder::DetachFromBaseEngine - Entering finished label.
[9/4/2005 23:30:01] CPVSRecorder::DetachFromBaseEngine - SubmitPostProcess begins.
[9/4/2005 23:30:01] CPVSRecorder::DetachFromBaseEngine - SubmitPostProcess ends.
[9/4/2005 23:30:01] CPVSRecorder::DetachFromBaseEngine succeeded.
[9/4/2005 23:30:01] Recorder stopped recording as requested.
[9/4/2005 23:30:02] Tagging of D:\Video\MP2\Seinfeld-(The Cigar-Store Indian)-2005-09-04-0.mpg completed.
[9/5/2005 02:11:19] SmartChapter Generator - Chapter generation completed for D:\Video\MP2\Seinfeld-(The Cigar-Store Indian)-2005-09-04-0.mpg.
[9/5/2005 02:13:27] Detected new media: D:\Video\MP4\seinfeld-(the cigar-store indian)-2005-09-04-0.avi

...and "The Stall"

[9/5/2005 19:00:00] Attempting to dispatch Seinfeld on Coax - 1
[9/5/2005 19:00:00] Using Best (DVD Ready) quality.
[9/5/2005 19:00:00] Using Default encoder SDK
[9/5/2005 19:00:00] Creating card builder for 'Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II Capture'
[9/5/2005 19:00:00] Set TV format to NTSC_M.
[9/5/2005 19:00:00] Setting P-Frames to: 5
[9/5/2005 19:00:00] Setting B-Frames to: 2
[9/5/2005 19:00:00] Setting MPEG-2 constant video bitrate to: 7000000
[9/5/2005 19:00:00] Setting MPEG-2 audio sampling rate to: 48000 Hz
[9/5/2005 19:00:00] Setting MPEG-2 audio bitrate to: 224000
[9/5/2005 19:00:00] Setting MPEG-2 stream type to MPEG2 DVD Stream.
[9/5/2005 19:00:00] Setting MPEG-2 capture dimensions: 720 x 480
[9/5/2005 19:00:00] Setting MPEG-2 frame rate: 29.970000 frames/sec
[9/5/2005 19:00:01] Device-specific capture graph built successfully!
[9/5/2005 19:00:01] Using "Video Tuner" crossbar input.
[9/5/2005 19:00:01] Setting country code: 1
[9/5/2005 19:00:01] Setting tuner mode: 1
[9/5/2005 19:00:01] Setting tuner for antenna input
[9/5/2005 19:00:01] PVSBaseEngine - Setting TV Audio mode to stereo, primary language.
[9/5/2005 19:00:01] PVSBaseEngine - TV Audio mode set - stereo.
[9/5/2005 19:00:01] PVSBaseEngine - TV Audio mode set - SAP Language A.
[9/5/2005 19:00:01] Opening a new slice at D:\Video\MP2\Seinfeld-(The Stall)-2005-09-05-0.mpg
[9/5/2005 19:00:01] Marking the initial slice D:\Video\MP2\Seinfeld-(The Stall)-2005-09-05-0.mpg as a recording.
[9/5/2005 19:00:01] Using "Video Tuner" crossbar input.
[9/5/2005 19:00:01] Started recording to: D:\Video\MP2\Seinfeld-(The Stall)-2005-09-05-0.mpg
[9/5/2005 19:00:01] Successfully dispatched Seinfeld on Coax - 1
[9/5/2005 19:00:02] Detected new media: D:\Video\MP2\seinfeld-(the stall)-2005-09-05-0.mpg
[9/5/2005 19:30:00] Setting system wakeup time: 9/6 6:29 PM
[9/5/2005 19:30:00] Dispatcher stopping completed recording: Seinfeld - Original Start: 7:00 PM, Original Duration: 1800 sec, Adjusted Start: 7:00 PM, Adjusted Duration: 1800 sec, Global Padding: 0 sec
[9/5/2005 19:30:01] Final length of D:\Video\MP2\Seinfeld-(The Stall)-2005-09-05-0.mpg is 1699020800 bytes.
[9/5/2005 19:30:01] CPVSRecorder::DetachFromBaseEngine - Unprepare finished.
[9/5/2005 19:30:01] CPVSRecorder::DetachFromBaseEngine - StopBaseEngine begins.
[9/5/2005 19:30:01] CPVSRecorder::DetachFromBaseEngine - StopBaseEngine finishes.
[9/5/2005 19:30:01] CPVSRecorder::DetachFromBaseEngine - Entering finished label.
[9/5/2005 19:30:01] CPVSRecorder::DetachFromBaseEngine - SubmitPostProcess begins.
[9/5/2005 19:30:01] CPVSRecorder::DetachFromBaseEngine - SubmitPostProcess ends.
[9/5/2005 19:30:01] CPVSRecorder::DetachFromBaseEngine succeeded.
[9/5/2005 19:30:01] Recorder stopped recording as requested.
[9/5/2005 19:30:02] Tagging of D:\Video\MP2\Seinfeld-(The Stall)-2005-09-05-0.mpg completed.
[9/5/2005 22:06:26] SmartChapter Generator - Chapter generation completed for D:\Video\MP2\Seinfeld-(The Stall)-2005-09-05-0.mpg.
[9/5/2005 22:08:16] Detected new media: D:\Video\MP4\seinfeld-(the stall)-2005-09-05-0.avi

In the failing situation, the AutoXvid timestamp for EpisodeData being rejected occurred just before BTV recognized the new .avi file as being moved into the destination directory

2005-09-05 02:13:26 : EpisodeData was rejected by Beyound TV
[9/5/2005 02:13:27] Detected new media: D:\Video\MP4\seinfeld-(the cigar-store indian)-2005-09-04-0.avi

But in the good run, BTV recognized the .avi's presence before episodedata gets saved into it...

[9/5/2005 22:08:16] Detected new media: D:\Video\MP4\seinfeld-(the stall)-2005-09-05-0.avi
2005-09-05 22:08:17 : EpisodeData has saved episode data into

If I then try to drag/drop the failing show's .avi on EpisodeData afterwards it will always fail with that MetadataExtractor error (screenshots I posted earlier).
HTPC-ASUS M3N78-VM, Phenom 9650, 2G RAM, Audio HDMI & Speakers, GT440 GPU, HVR-1800, Dvico Fusion5 USB, 1TB HD, GbE LAN, LG Blu-Ray, Antec NSK2400 case, nMediaPC RF Kybd & Remote, USB-UIRT, Mitsubishi 1080p LCD TV, XP SP3, BTV 4.9.3, XBMC
Media Server- Rackable Systems C2104 2xOpteron 275, 16G RAM ECC, 2x550W PS, Adaptec 4800SAS controller, 3x2TB RAID5, 2xGbE, APC UPS. VMWare ESXi 5 hypervisor, Debian 6 64bit VM
Old 09-06-2005, 10:14 AM
l33t Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThickHead
Hi Lee,
Got a new clue for you with regard to the failing runs I've been experiencing. I looked at event timestamps in AutoXvid.log vs. BTV's log file for both a succesful run and a failing run (which were recorded on different days so it's not just back to back recordings when this occurs) interestingly here's what I found...
OK, based on your logs, it looks as if the problem is EpisodeData is attempting to import episode data into an AVI that BTV knows nothing about. I don't know which of BTV's many processes, detect the AVI, but I can certainly give up control for a period of time after I move the AVI into a BTV folder. So here is a update to the ScheduledRun.exe that gives up control to other processes for 3 seconds after the move occurs. When it regains control, then it will call EpisodeData to import the episode data. This is ScheduledRun.exe V1.0.3.1.
For the failing AVI and XML. Move the original XML to a safe place, in another folder, then drag the AVI to EpisodeData and drop. Compare the exported XML with the original XML. You can use Notepad or your Browser. Lets see how they differ. Lee

AutoXvid Manual -

Last edited by leecole; 12-06-2007 at 06:09 AM.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:06 PM

I just noticed that your EpisodeData program does not like filenames that include the "&" character. When I dragged "Wildfire-(Lost & Found).avi" onto the shortcut, I got an error. When I renamed the mpg and avi files, everything worked OK. Not a high-priority bug, but I thought you might like to know.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:37 PM
l33t Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdrscott
I just noticed that your EpisodeData program does not like filenames that include the "&" character. When I dragged "Wildfire-(Lost & Found).avi" onto the shortcut, I got an error. When I renamed the mpg and avi files, everything worked OK. Not a high-priority bug, but I thought you might like to know.
What kind of error? I will have to attempt to reproduce this. Underneith Episode Data a call is made to MetaDataExtracter.exe, perhaps it is affected by an & or .NET which it in turn uses to access BTV's database. I assume the error occured when you dragged the mpg to EpisodeData to extract episodeData? I haven't seen problems involving names, with EpisodeData. AutoGK has problems with several characters in Filenames, "," and "." as in "Yes, Dear" or "Mr. Smith Goes To Washington", but AutoXvid takes care of that by renaming them before any processing takes place. Renaming in EpisodeData becomes a harder issue to solve, since it is designed to be executed on the mpg from AutoXvid, and on the AVI from SchedledRun. I will do some testing. Thanks for the report.
Lee Cole

AutoXvid Manual -
Old 09-07-2005, 07:40 PM
l33t Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdrscott
It is .NET that doesn't like the "&" inside a XML file. I have fixed this in my XMLEdit func inside EpisodeData. All users: if the have V1.0.3.0 of EpisodeData (Right Click on EpisodeData icon, select propertys, then select Version tab, it will display that executables version) replace with the attached EpisodeData.exe V1.0.3.1.
Lee Cole

AutoXvid Manual -

Last edited by leecole; 12-06-2007 at 06:09 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: