SnapStream Forums

Go Back   SnapStream Forums > SnapStream Developer Network > Beyond TV Downloads
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2005, 08:14 PM
Administrator

[addon] BeyondPPC (Mar 31 Update)

Author: gjunky
Short Description: Pocket PC Application using the API
Long Description: This PocketPC application lets you look at the list of recordings, scheduled recordings, upcoming recordings and blocked recordings using the BeyondTV API. This program is a work in progress and because of a new job I will not be able to spend a lot of time on this. Please feel free to take this project over.
Version Number: 0.9.0
Last Updated: 03/30/2005
Homepage:
Installation Instructions: If you just want to use the binaries, unzip the files somewhere and look in BeyondPPC\Cab\Debug and copy the CAB file that matches your processor onto the PPC and execute it there. It will create a BeyondPPC Icon in the programs folder. Once installed, run the app once to have it create a default BeyondPPC_config.txt file. Exit the app and make sure to shut it down from settings-->memory-->running programs Find the BeyondPPC_config.txt file in \Program Files and edit the local and remote IP, your password (if any) and you BTV Client License code Restart the app, and select Local or Remote from the edit menu. It will NOT save that setting. If you want to change the Local/Remote default, enter it in the config file. A quick warning: The program has bearly any error trapping. This includes the reading of the config file. Don't add any additional lines or space around the = (equal) signs.
Release Notes: Added Config File Added Remote/Local selection Added Blocked Recordings Added Rejected Recordings What it will NOT do: Let you change stuff Let you schedule recordings Let you watch TV
License: None, feel free to use it
Requirements: Pocket PC
Title: BeyondPPC
Download BeyondPPC_0.9.0.zip

Last edited by Brett; 05-16-2005 at 08:48 PM.
Old 04-02-2005, 09:57 AM

Re: [addon] BeyondPPC (Mar 31 Update)

I'm not a IT person and am having some trouble understanding how to install the add on? I have a HP h4350 PPC and first I am not sure if one the the CAb files you have supports my device. Second how would I install it? All I need on my device is the cab file? What about the rest of the files in the zip folder?

Thanks for your time and help. I'm very interested in what you've created.

Andrew
Old 04-04-2005, 05:38 PM

Most of the files in the zip are for development (source).

I think the file you need is BeyondPPC_PPC.ARM.CAB in the BeyondPPC\BeyondPPC\cab\Debug folder.

Open ActiveSynch, click explore and copy the above file to you PocketPC.
Then on the PocketPC, click start --> Program --> File Explorer.
Find the CAB file you copied (it won't show the .cab portion of the name). Click the file and the program will be installed.

Follow the additional instruction in my description above to set you configuration options. If you have any more questions, feel free to post them here.

Sorry for the delay in responding. I forgot to subscribe to the new thread.

-gjunky
WinXP-MCE 2005
Mitsubishi 52", 1080P LCD HDTV

Media Server: AMD Sempron 2500 - 1Gb Corsair - 30Gb System drive
Promise ATA RAID-5 with 4 * 200Gb Seagate
Headless - 100Mb ethernet - Antec Sonata
Windows 2003 Standard Server

BeyondPPC
Old 05-16-2005, 08:49 PM
l33t Beta Tester

Send a message via AIM to Brett

Hey there, I just got some images uploaded of this program. Check the main post.

-Brett

MSN Messenger for BM: Add MSN Messenger to BM. Includes MSN notifications over any module, and a chat client!

PIN Plugin for BM: Add PIN protection to any module in BM, including the settings!

BTV Recorded Shows: Brings the BTV Recording Library into BM with full show details.
Old 03-04-2007, 07:26 PM

I have a Dell Axim X51v with an Intel PXA270 processor. Which cab file would I use?
Old 03-05-2007, 06:42 AM

Try the BeyondPPC_PPC.ARM.CAB file.

-gjunky

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: