SnapStream Forums

Go Back   SnapStream Forums > SnapStream Developer Network > Development Discussion
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-02-2005, 12:44 PM
WMP9 Plugin and IGCutter

Send a message via MSN to IGx89
Post IGCutter v0.61 beta released

(creating a new thread because this forum doesn't allow thread subject changes; old v0.5 thread here)

I've completed v0.61 beta of my WMV (and now also MPEG-1/2) lossless-cutting program. IGCutter allows one to easily, quickly, and losslessly cut sections (usually commercials) from WMV/WMA/MPEG clips. It can be controlled by the mouse, the keyboard, or a combination of both, and is designed to allow one to identify sections to trim very quickly; it should only take a couple minutes to identify all the commercials in a 30min show; even less if the SmartChapters file is correct.

It currently uses Asfcut to do the actual lossless WMV/WMA/ASF cutting, so you'll have to download and put asfcut.exe in the same directory as my program. MPEG-1/2 cutting is made possible by a custom build of Mpgtx, which is included with IGCutter.

Note about MPEG editing in v0.61: This minor update includes changes in Mpgtx to fix audio and video errors it had editing videos made using BTV's software encoder. If you're using the software encoder, please let me know how it works for you; if you're using a hardware encoder, let me know if my new changes broke anything.

The included readme has a more detailed description, and covers the keyboard commands, commandline parameters, and INI info.

Changes:
v0.61
-MPEG-2 files made using BTV's software encoder should now be cut correctly!
-Added code to prevent opening multiple copies of IGC Processor
-Fixed a bug that prevented cutting WMV videos with many cuts
-Fixed a bug in the undo feature

v0.6
-Added an undo feature (control-z)
-IGC Processor and IGCutter can both now accept a file as a commandline parameter
-BTV metadata is now automatically copied to edited files (a popular feature request)
-Tweaked the Asfcut commandline arguments to minimize buffering errors
-Fixed a precision bug that prevented automatically editing some MPEG-2 files
-Fixed a few other minor bugs

(Disclaimer: I can not be held responsible if this program does anything bad; be especially careful when using the "Delete Originals" feature! It's very unlikely that something bad will happen, but there's always that possibility.)
Attached Files
File Type: exe IGCutterInstaller.exe (194.7 KB, 5262 views)

Last edited by IGx89; 03-15-2005 at 04:31 PM.
Old 03-02-2005, 02:18 PM

Re: IGCutter v0.6 beta released

I think I got the new copy but when I checked the "help" "about" it still shows version 0.5 . No big deal for me but I thought you might want to know.

I'm still having the problem that I mentioned at the bottom of the v0.5 thread.

Neal

Last edited by nstocke; 03-02-2005 at 02:24 PM.
Old 03-02-2005, 02:25 PM
WMP9 Plugin and IGCutter

Thanks; there are 10 different places the version number is stored in the code, and I missed a couple . Replaced the attachment with the fixed version.
Old 03-02-2005, 02:53 PM
l33t Member

Send a message via ICQ to vogelap

THANKS! I use this program a lot and enjoy it very much. Thanks for your continued development of it.

HTPC setup: Click here.
Old 03-02-2005, 05:41 PM

Great update! I tested this on several files and they were cut perfectly.

The one question I have is with the commandline parameters? I want to have the processor load at startup, scan for any new files and keep processing them. I can't figure out how to use the stealth commandline to have the program load but in stelth- the system tray? It loads and I have to minimize it? Could somone help clarify? Thanks
Old 03-02-2005, 07:07 PM
WMP9 Plugin and IGCutter

To load it minimized, automatically checking for new jobs made by IGCutter, make a shortcut like the following "c:\program files\IGCutter\IGCProcessor.exe" "/stealth"
Old 03-09-2005, 02:54 PM

IGx99 -

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but I can use Scheduled Tasks in XP to just run IGCprocessor.exe with the appropriate parameters if I just wanted batch process a group of files at a new time, correct?
________
Kawasaki Z500/Z550

Last edited by The Newest Newb; 01-19-2011 at 09:47 AM.
Old 03-09-2005, 04:07 PM
WMP9 Plugin and IGCutter

Yep, that's one of the uses I designed IGC Processor for. If you have any problems, just let me know.

On a side note, a new version of IGCutter will be coming out soon. It'll fix a problem with cutting long (3+ hour) WMV clips and hopefully fix a bunch of bugs with cutting software encoded MPEG-2 clips.
Old 03-09-2005, 04:30 PM

whats the difference between this and a normal video editing software?
Old 03-09-2005, 06:25 PM
WMP9 Plugin and IGCutter

IGCutter can only remove sections from single clips (WMV, WMA, and MPEG), but it doesn't do lossy recompression (unlike normal video editing software).
Old 03-10-2005, 07:59 AM

I just tried it in batch mode and it absolutely rocks! (I'm getting access errors when I try to use XP's task manager, but it's a Microsoft problem - they have a hotfix for it. Can anyone recommend a third party utility that does the same thing?)

Automated commercial removal has been the holy grail for me and you've come through in spades! Keep you the good work!
________
GPZ900R

Last edited by The Newest Newb; 01-19-2011 at 09:47 AM.
Old 03-10-2005, 01:19 PM
WMP9 Plugin and IGCutter

I just finished IGCutter v0.61 and updated the first post in this thread with the file and info.

Most notable in this release is that editing software encoded MPEG-2 files should now work fine.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:54 PM

Ok, I've downloaded IGCutter for the first time, installed, and attempting to run:

I pick a .mpg file created by a PVR-250 in BTV and get the error:

FAILED(hr=0x80040200) in pGB->RenderFile(wFile,NULL)

I've verified that it's not due to length (original test was a 4hr movie), same error on a 1hr sitcom. Any ideas? Help!
Old 03-10-2005, 10:07 PM
WMP9 Plugin and IGCutter

That error is probably because you don't have a MPEG-2 decoder that is fully DirectShow compatible. Reinstall (or install a trial version of) PowerDVD or WinDVD, or try one of the free decoders I listed here.

You can also try running the Windows XP Video Decoder Checkup Utility and setting a different decoder to Preferred.
Old 03-16-2005, 05:51 PM

I just pulled down IGCutter and tried it for the first time. Wow. Very nice, and thank you, thank you for creating it.

In trying IGCutter on one of my files, I got the following message:

PES02: TS <0, corrected to 0, movie will have problems playing!

Can someone please explain what this means?

If I may be so bold as to throw in a (hopefully) simple feature request, it appears that the arrow keys simply don't work once you're very close to the beginning or end of the file. I have BTV pad my recordings by a minute so that I don't miss things, but this usually results in needing to cut something from the very beginning and very end. I'd like to be able to have the player on hold and press my back arrow repeatedly until I'm sitting at time 0:00:00 or hit my forward arrow key repeatedly until I'm at the very end of my file. Those are two spots that are almost always points at which I will create a cut section. Currently it appears I have to use the mouse to select as close as I can to the beginning or end, which is difficult to do precisely. If there is another way, please tell me.

Would it also be possible to put a preference in the .ini file for whether or not the read-only bit is set on the file being created? I don't usually mark my files as "Keep until delete", which appears to be the default for files created by IGCutter.
BTV 4.9.2, Win7 64-bit, HDPVR w/driver v1.6.29207 connected to Comcast/Motorola HD tuner, Hauppauge HVR-1950 w/driver 3.1.29010 connected to Comcast/Motorola SD tuner, USB-UIRT, HDHomeRun for OTA tuning, HDHomeRun Prime w/Cable Card (via WMC & VideoRedo & VAP), 3xBTV Link clients

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: