SnapStream Forums

Go Back   SnapStream Forums > Archive > Beyond Media Downloads
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 74 votes, 4.77 average. Display Modes
Old 02-02-2005, 01:18 PM

Re: [plugin] DVD Library (Jan 24 Update)

BTW, does anyone have any issues regarding the volume control while viewing the DVD's? My volume control slider moves but hte volume never changes.
Old 02-02-2005, 05:27 PM

Re: [plugin] DVD Library (Jan 24 Update)

Brett/Jason-

Thanks for all of your work. This is indeed a great addition to the program. I have no problems working through these problems. I truly appreciate you attention to detail.
Old 02-02-2005, 07:22 PM
l33t Beta Tester

Send a message via AIM to Brett
Re: [plugin] DVD Library (Feb 2 Update)

Man did this boy detail out his work... its really not as much as he made it look

Anyway, go get it...

v1.3 (Feb 02):
Added full mouse support to all screens
Added Amazon.com as a source for information
Added option for "Manual Assist" while parsing
Added option to alter search title and re-search for movie in the library
Added option to enter upc and re-search for a movie in the library
Added option to select an alternate match for movie library
Added Creation of a backup of the current move collection when you "Clear and rescan". (Backup is stored in backup_movies.xml)
Added "Cleanup Posters" option in the settings to delete posters that aren't used
Added initial tracking of last watched date (although not used for anything yet)
Added "Display filename" to the options menu of the movie details screen
Added a lock/unlock option for movies that exceed parental limit (instead of just hiding them)
Added an option to import movies that don't have a match in either Amazon or IMDb (the filename is used in this case, with no other info present).
Fixed the BTV parser
Fixed the IMDb parser
Fixed Amazon parser
Fixed images displaying with correct aspect ratio
Movies without posters now have a "No Cover Available" image.
"Change DVD Paths" option moved to the "Import Options" screen
Navigation "move" and "nomove" sounds used in appropriate places.
Improved automatic parsing accuracy

-Brett

MSN Messenger for BM: Add MSN Messenger to BM. Includes MSN notifications over any module, and a chat client!

PIN Plugin for BM: Add PIN protection to any module in BM, including the settings!

BTV Recorded Shows: Brings the BTV Recording Library into BM with full show details.
Old 02-02-2005, 07:41 PM
Administrator

What is "Manual Assist"?
The plugin will parse the DVD Paths for potential items to add. It will then compute the standard search title and run Amazon and IMDb searches. Instead of automatically selecting what it thinks is the movie, it will present you with a list of at most the top 5 results from Amazon paired with at most the top 5 results from the IMDb. You get to pick the actual movie, and then it will move onto the next one. If you don't wish to add that particular movie, simply select "Skip Movie."

A note on the new automatic parser:
Amazon.com results are given a higher priority than IMDb ones. It will compare the options with the search name, if any option matches the search name, it will select that option. If no option matches the search name exactly, it will select the first item in the list. For test set, it correctly labels 27 our of 29 movies. The two remaining get fixed quickly with the new correction options.

A note on navigating the movie details screen:
If the options list (lower left) is in focus, the right arrow moves focus to the movie summary text. If the movie summary text is in focus, the up and down arrows will scroll it, and the left arrow moves focus back to the options list.

A note on unlocking restricted moives:
When you unlock the movies, it starts an automatic timer. 15 minutes after unlocking, the movies will be locked again. You can lock the movies again at any point in time by selected "Lock Movies" from the menu.

A note on "Add movies without match":
This only currently works when "Manual Assist" is turned off (planned to get this combo working eventually). One easy solution is to parse your collection once with "Manual Assist" on, skipping the movies without any matches. Then turn "Manual Assist" off, turn on "Add Movies Without Match" and do a "Search for new movies." This should import any movies that the first parse skipped.

Last edited by Kilrsat; 02-02-2005 at 09:21 PM.
Old 02-02-2005, 07:57 PM

EXCELLENT PLUGIN!!!! the new cover art is Sweet! Thanks for all yoru hard work.
Old 02-02-2005, 10:07 PM

Absolutely unreal. This is an incredible upgrade. HUGE thanks. Hell, even my kiddie DVD's show up now!!
Old 02-02-2005, 10:08 PM

I just spent the last little while going through and cataloging my movies -- this plugin ROCKS! It's way more accurate than it was before, the correction feature is great, it looks superb... Can't say enough about it. Great work!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-03-2005, 05:41 AM

I am drooling like crazy over this plugin. I have ordered two firefly's with BM licenses because of this plugin alone. Now if only importing AVI/MPG was supported by the time they came next week

I know speak of Divx, xvid, vcd and other lossy format is unholy to those that prefer the quality, but I would rather that my brother be able to watch all of his (30+) kiddie movies without my help then be able to watch ten of them in 5.1 surround and 480P When it does make it into the plugin it would be nice if we could stack multipart videos together and have full vobsub support to enable/disable/select subtitles. Until then I will wait patiently.

Great job guys the plugin is starting to make the rest of BM look sloppy. Keep it up and give me a call at 3am when we have AVI support... seriously.
Old 02-03-2005, 08:15 AM

Brett / Jason,

Fantastic plugin!

Thanks for all your hard work. The plugin works and looks great. You guys are terrific!

This plugin is what convinced me to buy BM - it is just what I needed. Without it, I would not be using BM (are you listening SS?).
Old 02-03-2005, 08:39 AM

Brett, do you guys have any documentation on what settings effect what in the various XML files?

Or is there a way you'll be able to change, in software, post display sizes?

Thanks for all the great work BTW.
Old 02-03-2005, 08:42 AM

Thumbs up Re: [plugin] DVD Library (Feb 2 Update)

Okay, I'll repeat what everyone else is saying - this plug-in rocks! This is fundamentally why I bought BeyondMedia and the fact it isn't of part of the base functionality is just enough example that there are too many lawyers in the world and not enough programmers like you! Hats off!

Not sure what you have planned for 1.3, but a few thoughts:

1. If the manual assist is enabled, it would be nice to be able to add the directory name as the top line option (for DVDs that either don't have a match or are "home grown" - so to speak)

2. There is some great added functionality inside the movie menu under options. Nice job! It would be great if an option existed here to manually add a name that doesn't require a match.

3. Any chance of being able to have a default cover (default.jpg) for unmatched movies in the video_ts directory?

As an aside, I think some of these issues would be non-issues if I understood XML better and felt comfortable editing some of the files created by DVD library.

As an aside, the reason I keep driving toward naming flexibility is I have a number of video_ts folders that will never match (for example our wedding DVDs). I can't imagine I am unique in this?

Lastly, all my backups match - even the kiddie movies like Baby Einstein and the Wiggles. That is no small feat and a hearty pat on the back!

-BeerBrewer
Old 02-03-2005, 08:58 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mntneer
Brett, do you guys have any documentation on what settings effect what in the various XML files?

Or is there a way you'll be able to change, in software, post display sizes?

Thanks for all the great work BTW.
Not sure which XML files you're talking about. If you mean things like DVDCatalogScreen.xml and MovieDetailsScreen.xml, then what you need to check out is the BM SDK documentation. There you can find information on the skin files for each screen and the object reference guide for finding out the various properities of the widgets. Through changes to those files you should be able to alter the layout (including sizes of the individual elements) to whatever you like.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:02 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBrewer
Okay, I'll repeat what everyone else is saying - this plug-in rocks! This is fundamentally why I bought BeyondMedia and the fact it isn't of part of the base functionality is just enough example that there are too many lawyers in the world and not enough programmers like you! Hats off!

Not sure what you have planned for 1.3, but a few thoughts:

1. If the manual assist is enabled, it would be nice to be able to add the directory name as the top line option (for DVDs that either don't have a match or are "home grown" - so to speak)

2. There is some great added functionality inside the movie menu under options. Nice job! It would be great if an option existed here to manually add a name that doesn't require a match.

3. Any chance of being able to have a default cover (default.jpg) for unmatched movies in the video_ts directory?

As an aside, I think some of these issues would be non-issues if I understood XML better and felt comfortable editing some of the files created by DVD library.

As an aside, the reason I keep driving toward naming flexibility is I have a number of video_ts folders that will never match (for example our wedding DVDs). I can't imagine I am unique in this?

Lastly, all my backups match - even the kiddie movies like Baby Einstein and the Wiggles. That is no small feat and a hearty pat on the back!

-BeerBrewer
1. That was in the plan originally, but I didn't have an opportunity to thoroughly test it, so the feature was cut. Look for this in the next version.

2. On the "To Do" list (along with half a million other things).

3. Added to the "To Do" list (so now half a million + 1).

You aren't the only one that has asked for complete control over naming, and its moving in that direction.

I'm going to let this version sit for a few days, to bring in comments/suggestions, and then draw up plans from the list of what to include for the next version. Probably will get something posted about this on Monday-ish.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:17 AM
l33t Beta Tester

Send a message via AIM to Brett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrsat
I'm going to let this version sit for a few days, to bring in comments/suggestions, and then draw up plans from the list of what to include for the next version. Probably will get something posted about this on Monday-ish.
Mondayish? Good luck. I figure I'll need you atleast another week to help me with our "other" new plugin . Hahahaha!

Now quit being a forum jockie and get coding!
-Brett

MSN Messenger for BM: Add MSN Messenger to BM. Includes MSN notifications over any module, and a chat client!

PIN Plugin for BM: Add PIN protection to any module in BM, including the settings!

BTV Recorded Shows: Brings the BTV Recording Library into BM with full show details.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:20 AM

Jason - You've done it again!!! It keeps getting better & better!

Brett - Curious as heck! Need your loyal tester back? ;-)

EDIT - Noticed a real minor point. I go to options and choose Change title and research, go through the motions of finding the right name and hit ok. The plugin goes out and get the poster + movie details and comes back to the Please Select an Action menu. At this point I think it should come back to the movie details page rather than the menu. How does this sound?

Last edited by k_kirk; 02-03-2005 at 10:22 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: