SnapStream Forums

Go Back   SnapStream Forums > Archive > Beyond Media Downloads
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 73 votes, 4.77 average. Display Modes
Old 01-08-2006, 08:40 AM
Administrator

Re: [plugin] DVD Library (January 7 Update)

Can you explain what you're trying that isn't working?

i.e. goto settings, dvd library, player options, dvd, and can't click on the left or right arrows to change the player from BM to Custom.

or goto settings, dvd library, player options, dvd, and can't use the left or right keys to change the option.

or I changed the option to custom, but can't get the external program to launch.

In this case it will be best if you indicate if you're using a mouse to click each option or the keyboard to navigate.
Old 01-08-2006, 01:24 PM

Re: [plugin] DVD Library (January 7 Update)

Kilrsat,
I was doing this:
goto settings, dvd library, player options, dvd, and can't click on the left or right arrows to change the player from BM to Custom.

I didn't think to just use the keys, I'm able to set the options using the keyboard to navigate. But it sounded like you just fixed this. For example the only way for me to back out of the player options was to hit the esc key.

Anyway, I'm in business now,
Thanks
Old 01-08-2006, 02:46 PM
Administrator

Re: [plugin] DVD Library (January 8 Update)

Updated again.

Sorry for all the small updates lately. I just never know when I'm going to have time to work on it, so I've been doing lots of little fixes and publishing them right away.

Once I start the tear down for 1.7.0 there won't be any more updates until its finished.

The players option screen should have all its mouse wonkiness fixed and as an added bonus, you can now use the hotbar 'Back' button successfully with a large number of screens.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:58 AM

Re: [plugin] DVD Library (December 31 Update)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrsat
I always take feature requests. Everything gets added to my notebook and evaluated when I have the time.
How about an RSS feed out of the DVD Library data? Can you piggyback on the web server function implemented in BTV for Web Admin? Just an odd ball idea.
Beyond TV 4.x.x + Beyond Media 1.1 running on SilverStone LC10M case, Windows XP SP2, Gigabyte K8NS Ultra-939 & Athlon 64 3500+ 1GB RAM, NVIDIA 6600 AGP (Gigabyte GV-N66256DP), 2 x Hauppauge PVR-250 2280 GB harddisk space (4 x 300GB + 1 x 80GB internal and 2 x 400GB + 1 x 200GB on external FireWire Enclosure), TDK DVD-+RW Drive and SS FireFly coupled with Girder 4
Projected through ... Panasonic 42" RP, Pioneer VSX-D514 AV Receiver
Old 01-11-2006, 10:29 AM

help with the arguments feature in dvd library

kilrsat

Could you please explain how to use the arguments feature when setting up windows media player to play mpeg and ratdvd files through the dvd library instead of using the BM player. i have read the setup instructions but i am still confused.

I have tried using the following "(0)drive letter:\"
it opens windows media player but it does not load the file to play.
my files are located on a network drive "N" my damon virtual drive is set to "M"

Am i correct in thinking the the correct argument string will allow windows media player to open in full screen mode and automatically start playing the file?

thanks
xmx
Old 01-11-2006, 10:00 PM
Administrator

Program:

C:\program files\windows media player\wmplayer.exe

Args for DVDs:

/fullscreen "{0}\video_ts.ifo"

Args for avi/mpg/other files:

/fullscreen "{0}"

That should be all you need.
Old 01-12-2006, 07:13 PM

thanks kilrsat

that worked perfect i am now able to play ratdvd's with DVD library using windows media player and i can navigate the menus using my firefly remote this has allowed for a massive increase in storage capibility 4x400gb= 1.6tb can now store 1400 to 1600 DVD's with no loss in quality and full remote control
functionality.
Old 01-17-2006, 10:20 PM

First of all, I'd just like to say thanks to Kilrsat, this plugin is awesome!

I'm new to BM/BTV ( it was a christmas present to myself ). I just spent the last day or so reading this entire thread, there's so much good info in it. I ran into one problem and have come up with a solution that works for me. I just thought I'd share it, in case anyone else finds it useful.

I have a large collection of divx movies and tv shows burned onto dvds. The problem is that a lot of the files have names that don't turn up good results by the scanner and virtually none of them follow the -disc1 naming convention needed for the multidisc scanning. Additionally, if the movie is split into 2 files, I wanted them to play seamlessly as opposed to having to go back and select disc2 when the first finished.

I ended up following the info from this post - http://forums.snapstream.com/vb/show...&postcount=619
and added in support for .asx files ( which are essentially just media playlists in xml format )

<Value>.asx|ASXs|DVDCatalog.ASXPlayer</Value>

Then for movies I wanted to add, I created a .asx on my hard drive that referenced files on my dvd drive -

<asx version = "3.0">
<Entry>
<Ref href = "D:\Some Movie Name.Xvid.CD1.avi"/>
</Entry>
<Entry>
<Ref href = "D:\Some Movie Name.Xvid.CD2.avi"/>
</Entry>
</asx>

Then I scanned and DVDL picked up the movie name ( since it's reading the .asx name and the actual .avi file names didn't matter ).
The last thing I did was close BM and manually update the movies.xml to make those movies offline and added an offline comment by adding this -

<Property>
<Name>Offline</Name>
<Value>True</Value>
</Property>

<Property>
<Name>OfflineComment</Name>
<Value>My Catalog Number</Value>
</Property>

This way, the .asx stays on my hd, but DVDL prompts me to insert the correct disc since the movies are actually offline.

I know that sort of sounds like a lot to do, but really it isn't all that bad and it was easier than renaming files, joining avi files and reburning tons of dvds.

One last note, the built in BM video player didn't seem to like .asx files and I didn't look into it too closely since I prefer zoomplayer which handles them just fine.

OK, well, hopefully that's of some use to some of you out there.

Thanks again Jason!

Kevin
Old 01-18-2006, 08:01 AM
l33t Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelliott_72
...have come up with a solution that works for me.
An inventive solution to a somewhat unique situation..thanks for sharing. We have a few family videos this could apply to but they're small enough to keep a copy online. I too use ZP and the .asx idea might come in handy.
For now about the only reason I open the movies.xml is to search my index numbers if a DVD goes missing (ie, I have an empty slot for #A101 and need to know what goes there). Hopefully a future version of DVDL will have more complete output choices for the text dump and/or full HTML output.
BTV: TT Tenor VB2000BNS | NEC 16X ND-3540A | Haup PVR-150 & 500MCE | P4 3.0 | 1GB DC DDR400 | Intel D875PBZ | ATI 9600XT | TB Riviera 6 | Seagate 80GB, Maxtor SATA 160GB & 300GB | Okia-550-Blue P/S | XP Pro SP3 | Mitsu WS-55711 RPHDTV | Harmony 880

Link1: Whitebox | MSI KM4M-L | AMD 3K+ | .5GB PC133 | RealTek AC97 | Maxtor 30GB | Sony DVD | GF6600 | XP Pro
SP3 | Rosewill R905E-W LCD | RF FF

Link2
: Dell Inspiron 8100 notebook | PIII | GF 2 | .5GB | XP Pro SP3
Old 01-19-2006, 05:30 PM

First off, thanks to kilrsat for the plugin. Without DVD Library, Beyond Media wouldn't be worth having.

However, I think there is a bug in how filenames are parsed in the multidisc scanning. . . I tried to import Season One of the Farscape tv series (an 11 disc series), having named the files according to the convention: FARSCAPE_S1-DISC1.ISO, FARSCAPE_S1-DISC2.ISO . . . FARSCAPE_S1-DISC11.ISO.

When I scan these file in, DVD Library treats discs 1 through 9 as a single multi-disc entry, but it treats 10 and 11 as separate movies. . . with titles of FARSCAPE_S10 and FARSCAPE_S11, respectively.

Only Kilrsat can say for sure, but I speculate that he is plucking the dash and the 5 characters following it out of the name and treating the rest as the title, instead of treating everything before the dash as the title and everything after it as the disc number.

Anyone else have this issue, and is there a fix or workaround?
Old 01-19-2006, 05:40 PM

I've never been able to get any multi-seasonal series to work properly. I just manually fight it. It works perfectly for movies almost 100% of the time though.

Could you post more explicit details to your directory naming convention showing the files names as well? I'd like to follow this and that's the first thing I thought of when seeing your post.. what's the dir structure?

Cheers,
Scott
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5050e Brisbane 2.6GHz
SAPPHIRE 100252HDMI Radeon HD 4550
OCZ Platinum 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 1066
BenQ DW1620 DL DVD-RW
Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST31500341AS 1.5TB
Harmony H688 (black)
2x HD HomeRun
Beyond Media 1.1.2
BeyondTV 4.9.1
Windows XP SP3
Sony 52XBR4
Old 01-19-2006, 07:30 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by evossler
First off, thanks to kilrsat for the plugin. Without DVD Library, Beyond Media wouldn't be worth having.

However, I think there is a bug in how filenames are parsed in the multidisc scanning. . . I tried to import Season One of the Farscape tv series (an 11 disc series), having named the files according to the convention: FARSCAPE_S1-DISC1.ISO, FARSCAPE_S1-DISC2.ISO . . . FARSCAPE_S1-DISC11.ISO.

When I scan these file in, DVD Library treats discs 1 through 9 as a single multi-disc entry, but it treats 10 and 11 as separate movies. . . with titles of FARSCAPE_S10 and FARSCAPE_S11, respectively.

Only Kilrsat can say for sure, but I speculate that he is plucking the dash and the 5 characters following it out of the name and treating the rest as the title, instead of treating everything before the dash as the title and everything after it as the disc number.

Anyone else have this issue, and is there a fix or workaround?
Not quite the reason its broke, but yes, this is broken. I'll add it to the list to have fixed for the next version.
Old 01-20-2006, 07:12 AM
l33t Member

Send a message via ICQ to vogelap

Quote:
Originally Posted by evossler
Without DVD Library, Beyond Media wouldn't be worth having.
Sadly, I think you're right.

HTPC setup: Click here.
Old 01-20-2006, 08:04 AM

Kilrsat, thanks for adding it to the to-do list. Aside from this one thing, DVD Library is pretty close to perfect if you ask me.

Scottlinder, to clarify my directory structure. . . there is no directory structure. I have one movie directory Z:\DVD, fully of ISO files with no sub-dirs.

Cheers all.
Old 01-20-2006, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogelap
Sadly, I think you're right.
It's nice to have but with DVD Lib... it's a must have.

H

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: