SnapStream Forums

Go Back   SnapStream Forums > Archive > Beyond Media Downloads
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 74 votes, 4.77 average. Display Modes
Old 12-10-2005, 02:21 PM
Administrator

Re: [plugin] DVD Library (November 9 Update)

There should be something in the beyond media log file for that situation. Can find the logs at: C:\documents and settings\all users\application data\snapstream\beyond media\logs

There will be 1 log for each day. Leave me a message with the contents of the log for one of the days where you saw the black screen.
Old 12-10-2005, 06:00 PM
l33t Member

Great plugin..if I can get it to work. I've put a few decrypted DVD copies on my server (video_ts folders) and added them to DVDLibrary. I'm trying to get ZoomPlayer Pro (latest version) to play them. ZP launches when I pick one of the movies from the library, but doesn't play...I assume it's not get'n the argument passed correctly? I'll have a mix of ISOs and video_ts structures out there eventually. What is the correct way to configure DVDLibrary for ZP?

BTW, I've got ZP configured as my Custom player and it works okay for regular DVD discs.
BTV: TT Tenor VB2000BNS | NEC 16X ND-3540A | Haup PVR-150 & 500MCE | P4 3.0 | 1GB DC DDR400 | Intel D875PBZ | ATI 9600XT | TB Riviera 6 | Seagate 80GB, Maxtor SATA 160GB & 300GB | Okia-550-Blue P/S | XP Pro SP3 | Mitsu WS-55711 RPHDTV | Harmony 880

Link1: Whitebox | MSI KM4M-L | AMD 3K+ | .5GB PC133 | RealTek AC97 | Maxtor 30GB | Sony DVD | GF6600 | XP Pro
SP3 | Rosewill R905E-W LCD | RF FF

Link2
: Dell Inspiron 8100 notebook | PIII | GF 2 | .5GB | XP Pro SP3
Old 12-17-2005, 01:30 PM
Administrator

At this point I'm hoping to squeeze out 1.6.2 before Christmas.

Nothing truly amazing but its a collection of bug fixes, lots of cleanup on the offline importing process, addition of a text field comment to offline movies, and a basic movie title exporter (so you can get a simple text file with a list of all your movies).
Old 12-17-2005, 10:33 PM
l33t Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrsat
addition of a text field comment to offline movies
Old 12-17-2005, 11:09 PM

Quote:
At this point I'm hoping to squeeze out 1.6.2 before Christmas.

Nothing truly amazing but its a collection of bug fixes, lots of cleanup on the offline importing process, addition of a text field comment to offline movies, and a basic movie title exporter (so you can get a simple text file with a list of all your movies).
Awesome. Can't wait for that update Kilrsat.

You're the man.

Quick question: is there a way to expand the amount of movies viewable in the first screen?

i.e. I have 22 movies in DVDL. I am able to view the first 15 movies no problem. However, to view the other movies (16-22) I have to click on the right arrow in the top-right corner of the screen.

I know this makes me sound like a worthless and lazy human being, but it's kind of annoying having to click on the right arrow. Forgive me.

So is there a way to have all 22 movies appear in the same selection area without seperating 1-15 and 16-22?

Again, thanks for the plugin and thanks in advance for the help.
HTPC: Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H | Athlon x2 4850e | G.Skill 2GB 800Mhz | WD Raptor 150GB | WD RE2-GP 1TB | WD Green 1TB | SiliconDust HDHR x2 | NEC ND-3550A Silver DVD Burner | Antec NSK2400 | Harmony One | Sony 42A10 HDTV

Quote:
Will SnapStream be integrating Beyond TV and Beyond Media?

The answer to this question is a definite yes!

Last edited by ryansebiz; 12-17-2005 at 11:53 PM.
Old 12-18-2005, 10:17 AM
Administrator

Two things:

Settings->DVD Library->Browsing Options->Use Paged Browsing

Setting that guy to No will use a single page for your entire collection no matter the size.

Settings->DVD Library->Browsing Options->Movies Per Page

If you leave paged browsing enabled, this will adjust the number of movies per page.

In addition, while using paged browsing the Channel Up/Channel Down buttons on remotes (Page Up/ Page Down on keyboard) are shortcuts to move between pages. There are also the alphabet shortcuts (A-Z (excluding O and sometimes P)) to take you to the first movie that starts with each letter. Telephone style alpha entry is also supported (2=A, 22=B, 222=C, 4=G, 44=H, etc).
Old 12-18-2005, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Two things:

Settings->DVD Library->Browsing Options->Use Paged Browsing

Setting that guy to No will use a single page for your entire collection no matter the size.

Settings->DVD Library->Browsing Options->Movies Per Page

If you leave paged browsing enabled, this will adjust the number of movies per page.

In addition, while using paged browsing the Channel Up/Channel Down buttons on remotes (Page Up/ Page Down on keyboard) are shortcuts to move between pages. There are also the alphabet shortcuts (A-Z (excluding O and sometimes P)) to take you to the first movie that starts with each letter. Telephone style alpha entry is also supported (2=A, 22=B, 222=C, 4=G, 44=H, etc).
Awesome, just the solution I needed.

Thanks Kilrsat.

HTPC: Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H | Athlon x2 4850e | G.Skill 2GB 800Mhz | WD Raptor 150GB | WD RE2-GP 1TB | WD Green 1TB | SiliconDust HDHR x2 | NEC ND-3550A Silver DVD Burner | Antec NSK2400 | Harmony One | Sony 42A10 HDTV

Quote:
Will SnapStream be integrating Beyond TV and Beyond Media?

The answer to this question is a definite yes!
Old 12-18-2005, 11:50 PM

This a get plug-in. I can't believe it took me this long to d-load it, AND my wife loves it as well. Thx Kilrsat. My only problem is I can't find how to edit the argument's for Nero's SHowtime2 player. Does anyone else even use Showtime for DVD playback? Or better yet
how to get Firefly to work with WinDVD (without Girder).
Old 12-19-2005, 07:52 AM

Send a message via ICQ to hec1152 Send a message via AIM to hec1152 Send a message via MSN to hec1152 Send a message via Yahoo to hec1152

This is a great plug-in that I almost have working but still am missing something basic. To check it out, I've added one ISO movie and tried to use DVD Library to find a view it. The ISO for the movie was created with DVD Decrypter. I have installed Daemon Tools, applied the registry patch, set up the virtual drive (in DVD Library Configuration Section) and copied the single movie to a directory that DVD Library is configured to (e:\dvd). The ISO file for the movie is in e:\dvd\The Incredibles\xxxx.iso (e: is a local drive). I note that in the listing of movies, this file/movie doesn't show up (after I've scanned and, I thought, added it per setup instructions). When I try to play anything, I get message about drive being empty which makes some sense since none of the movies that come with the plugin are online and apparently DVD Library is not finding the movie that I thought I added. I'm pretty sure that Daemon Tools is working because I can exit BM, manually point Daemon tools virtual drive to e:\dvd and run the movie (ISO) with another movie player (e.g. RealPlayer) with no problem. To me that confirms that the DVD movie ISO file is where it should be (at least for manually connecting to it with Daemon Tools), the ISO file is okay, and at least something besides BM/DVD Library can access the ISO. What might I check to find what I'm missing which would seem to have something to do with how I've associated the location of the movie with DVD Library in the configuration (although it's not apparent to me).

Also, on a different setup question, how do I eliminate the movies that came with the plug-in (offline, I guess) so that they won't show up in my list of movies (there are 7 of them)?

Thanks in advance for anyone's advice.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:12 AM
l33t Member

Look at the movies.xml file in the plug-in directory. You can see the full path name to the ISO file. I question your folder scheme for .ISO files, but I'm not sure. Why not just name the .ISO file to be the name of the movie? You can do that when you rip it using DVD Decrypter. With your convention, I think the directory name for DVD Library to scan would have to be: E:\DVD\The Incredibles\.

You could make the scan directory: E:\DVD and store the movie with the name:
The Incredibles.ISO

Hit the options button and choose "Remove from Library" to get rid of the unwanted movies.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:15 PM

Send a message via ICQ to hec1152 Send a message via AIM to hec1152 Send a message via MSN to hec1152 Send a message via Yahoo to hec1152

Thanks for pointing this out. Changing the directory to the naming you suggested (and that I now can see was in instructions) did the trick. Likewise of removing unwanted movies.

Now my problem is sound (or lack thereof) which may be caused by something more than DVD Library. I also get no sound from normal DVD plays, but I do get soundeffects (that I have turned on). Also, I verified the Sound options while in DVD or DVD Library Play and have tried everything from "SPDIF" to "5.1" to "2" (I don't have 7.1). And, it it's any kind of clue, in the Settings.System Volume menu item, I get nothing but a black screen when I go into there. BTV volume works okay as does Playing Music from that option. Seems I recall reading somewhere about how to get 5.1 sound vs SPDIF sound vs using your Sound Card vs using BM decoder vs external, etc. But don't recall where that was in forum nor do I know if that's related to problem I'm having. (Sound for me is digital output from SPDIF on Audigy Sound card into Receiver).

I feel like I'm oh so close!!!

Thanks again for quick reply.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:29 PM
l33t Member

Quote:
I pick one of the movies from the library, but doesn't play...I assume it's not get'n the argument passed correctly? What is the correct way to configure DVDLibrary for ZP?
To answer my own question....the problem had to do with the trial version of ZoomPlayer. Once I installed the purchased keyfile it worked correctly for DVD-from-file with the {0}\video_ts.ifo /PLAY parameter. Not tried out .ISO's but no real need for that as of yet. Oh, and editing the FireFly XML profile for ZP took care of the chapter button (for previous/next)..found that info elsewhere here on the forums.
BTV: TT Tenor VB2000BNS | NEC 16X ND-3540A | Haup PVR-150 & 500MCE | P4 3.0 | 1GB DC DDR400 | Intel D875PBZ | ATI 9600XT | TB Riviera 6 | Seagate 80GB, Maxtor SATA 160GB & 300GB | Okia-550-Blue P/S | XP Pro SP3 | Mitsu WS-55711 RPHDTV | Harmony 880

Link1: Whitebox | MSI KM4M-L | AMD 3K+ | .5GB PC133 | RealTek AC97 | Maxtor 30GB | Sony DVD | GF6600 | XP Pro
SP3 | Rosewill R905E-W LCD | RF FF

Link2
: Dell Inspiron 8100 notebook | PIII | GF 2 | .5GB | XP Pro SP3

Last edited by Mamba; 12-21-2005 at 03:08 PM.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:14 PM
l33t Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hec1152

I feel like I'm oh so close!!!

Thanks again for quick reply.
Oh, that's a good feeling, uh? Congratulations!

See this thread:

http://forums.snapstream.com/vb/show...pdif+explained

Set Beyond Media to S/PDIF, set your sound card driver to S/PDIF.

You are going to love it!
Old 12-19-2005, 06:39 PM

Is there any way to just select one movie and do the IMDB/Amazon (whatever source it is) search? I am often adding one or two movies a week and I would find this ad hoc method of lookups very useful (similar to how I do it on XBMC now).

Thanks!
Old 12-19-2005, 07:23 PM

My bad, I read the word doc and found 'Scan for New Movies', which will do the trick.
Couple of other questions though.

For the importing of multi disc/file movies, can you add support for the CD1.iso CD2.iso. That seems more the norm format for multi file movies anyway, rather than Disk1.iso, Disk2.iso etc

Also, I have 100s of movies so I turn manual assist off. If after doing a scan it finds the wrong movie, how can I fix that? This kinda goes back to my early request re: ad hoc lookups. I think it would be very convenient to be able to just highlight in movie in the DVD Library view (not settings) and have a Lookup button that will (re)lookup a movie. Sometimes having to go back into settings is a chore just for one or two new movies or to make mods to existing movies.

Only other thing may be to preserve the directory structure. I already categories my movies by directory structure (Action, Comedy, Drama etc). It would nice to still have that structure in the DVD Library View. I know I should probably just trust the Genre filter view but sometimes I have a differenent opinion of what genre a movie belongs in.

Thanks though for this plugin. It is super useful and may finally ween me from using XBMC as my preferred frontend!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: