SnapStream Forums

Go Back   SnapStream Forums > Archive > Beyond Media Downloads
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 71 votes, 4.76 average. Display Modes
Old 05-02-2005, 07:52 PM

Re: [plugin] DVD Library (Apr 23 Update)

First off. why are we all here? .
But seriously, this plug in is awesome!
However, Is there a way that from the DVD library, it could launch My other dvd program. I prefer Power DVD as my player but like the library browsing and ISO automount. Humm... maybe, could this be done? Is there a way? PBPBPleassse.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:23 AM
Administrator

Have patience, and give me a little more time. I think just about everyone will be extremely happy with the improvements I have cooking.
Old 05-06-2005, 02:44 PM

How do I uninstall this plug-in?
Old 05-06-2005, 03:50 PM
Administrator

Delete this folder:

C:\documents and settings\all users\application data\snapstream\beyond media\plugins\dvdcatalog
Old 05-06-2005, 07:59 PM

First off, I love this plugin. After I installed it and got it up and running, I had a big ole grin on my face. However, I have a small issue - for some odd reason it has only imported about 1/2 of the movies I've recorded with Beyond TV. I have 2 video folders set up for movies, which are all compressed to WMV.

Does anyone have an idea why it will import some of the titles, and not others? Does it have issues with movies recoreded with older versions of beyond tv? Is there anyway to get it to import them all?

Also, if it's possible, it would be great if it would work on a link computer. My setup has my btv box in a spare bedroom, and a link client in the living room as my main box for btv link and beyond media.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:07 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie
Does anyone have an idea why it will import some of the titles, and not others? Does it have issues with movies recoreded with older versions of beyond tv? Is there anyway to get it to import them all?

Also, if it's possible, it would be great if it would work on a link computer. My setup has my btv box in a spare bedroom, and a link client in the living room as my main box for btv link and beyond media.
The older BTV movies (pre 3.5) don't have the movies setting. You can probably include them if you set that folder as an input folder in the DVD Library. You can also run this on a link by including the BTV folders in the DVD Liabrary. You just need to rescan occasionally

Media- 5 Tuners XP SP2 BTV 4.9.X
Asus P4S8X|P4 2.4|FX5200|PVR350/250/150/NVidia DualTV|OB SNDMAX

DVD - 10 Tuners XP SP2 BTV 4.9.X
Asus P4800E Dlx|P4 3.0 HT|FX5700|2GB Mem|PVR250/PVR150//2 PVRUSB2/]3 HDHomeRun/QAM

3 BTV Links - All XP SP2 BTV 4.9.X, BM 1.1, Firelfy

Family Room Asus P4800 Dlx|P4 2.6HT|7600GT
Treadmill Shuttle P4 2.6HT|6600GT
Basement Asus P4800 Dlx|P4 3.0HT|6600GT
Old 05-06-2005, 08:54 PM

All my movies are in 2 folders, on 2 different drives. It's hard to tell just by looking at the files if they are pre 3.5, but it seems that it has issues with those files, even though they are in the same folder as movies recorded with 3.5. For example, all three of the movies "The Lord of the Rings" are in the same folder. Fellowship was recorded on 7/03, Return was record on 11/4, and The Two Towers was recorded on 8/04. The only one that doesn't show up is The Fellowship of the Rings which was recorded almost 2 years ago.

And now I have another problem. When I try to launch beyond TV from the beyond media interface, I'm getting the error "Not Enough Video Memory". First time this has popped up, and the only thing I've installed is the plug in. If I close Beyond Media, then the beyond tv interface launches just fine.
Old 05-14-2005, 01:31 PM

This plugin looks like it will do exactly what I want with a media server but I have a couple of questions:

Can I use a network media player such as the Dlink DSM-320 or Buffalo Linktheater with BM and this plugin?

Can the video formats supported by this plugin be played using a network media player ?

UPnP seems to be the protocol to connect network media players and applications like BM. What is the compatibility between network media players with UPnP with BM & the DVD Library plug in?
Old 05-17-2005, 09:26 PM

Great Plugin!
How do you make it find networked drives? I have all my movies on a separate computer.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:53 AM
Disturber of the Peace

Send a message via AIM to ticklemeozmo

Map a network drive to that computer. Then selected that new drive as the folder for your DVDs inside the plugin.
Old 05-18-2005, 05:23 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sganesh
This plugin looks like it will do exactly what I want with a media server but I have a couple of questions:

Can I use a network media player such as the Dlink DSM-320 or Buffalo Linktheater with BM and this plugin?
Probably not.

Quote:
Can the video formats supported by this plugin be played using a network media player ?
I'm sure there is some player out there that is compatible with the raw video formats, however that still leaves no way to get the video to the player

Quote:
UPnP seems to be the protocol to connect network media players and applications like BM. What is the compatibility between network media players with UPnP with BM & the DVD Library plug in?
BM is not a UPnP server. BTV is, but that is limited to your recorded shows. Things like the MediaMVP using the BTV skin (which utilizes the BTV SDK) are nice ways to get access to your BTV files through remote devices.

However, BM does not have this client/server arrangement. It is simply a front end for any media accessible to the computer. It does not stream this media to other clients.
Old 05-24-2005, 06:01 AM

Talking Re: [plugin] DVD Library (Apr 23 Update)

Odd bug? So i was playing around with some skins, and then went in to the DVD library. Everytime I changed a skin, it doubled the movies I had in the library by adding one of each movie as a duplicate. So after a couple skin changes my original 5 movies had turned into 30 =P

-=Lopton=-
PS: Restarting BM returned my DVD library to the normal size of 5 =P

Last edited by Lopton; 05-24-2005 at 06:02 AM. Reason: forgot something
Old 05-24-2005, 07:23 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopton
Odd bug? So i was playing around with some skins, and then went in to the DVD library. Everytime I changed a skin, it doubled the movies I had in the library by adding one of each movie as a duplicate. So after a couple skin changes my original 5 movies had turned into 30 =P

-=Lopton=-
PS: Restarting BM returned my DVD library to the normal size of 5 =P
Fixed in next release.
Old 05-24-2005, 06:45 PM

Hi,

I installed the dvd movie plug-in but am getting an error ( no dvd volume was found ) then the movie plays after a few seconds. The source files are iso. I havent installed a patch to disable auto-play of dvds and would like some help on where to find it .

Many Thanks
Old 05-24-2005, 08:04 PM

I have 550 movies and when the information for the movie is downloaded from the internet, the tiles that begin with "The" are all in a list. Is it possible to change the titles from "The Green Mile" to "Green Mile, The". This would be nice if done auto when getting movie info.

Thanks,
AZMan

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: