SnapStream Forums

Go Back   SnapStream Forums > Archive > Beyond Media Downloads
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 73 votes, 4.77 average. Display Modes
Old 08-22-2007, 04:21 PM

Re: [plugin] DVD Library (July 1 Update)

As stated in the second post of this amazing LOOOOOOONNNGGG thread... this continues to be an amazing plugin.

I must admit the including the HD-DVD and Blu-Ray formats into the library would be a nice and welcomed addition addition.

It does appear with Paramount dropping it's Blu-Ray line that HD-DVD may have an advantage in pricing, just as VHS did in the VHS/BetaMax wars, but it would be nice to be able to incorporate BOTH formats.

You're doing an amazing job Jason...as usual. I sent you an email recently inquiring about such a possibility.

You are the man! Thank you for the continued efforts.

BTW.. the collection spans 17 TB now with over 2100 titles encompassing over 3100 DVD's.

Kurt Kuhn
Old 08-22-2007, 05:17 PM

Yes, that's exactly what I have been getting at the whole time. I really never had a desire nor need to play HD DVDs inserted into the physical drive. PowerDVD opens and plays them automatically when inserted. That works fine.

On the other hand, I have many HD DVDs ripped to the HDD that I want DVDLibrary to play... currently it cannot do this, and thus, I would love to see this feature added.

That is all.
Old 08-25-2007, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderFan View Post
The HD-DVD will work because it's in a CD format. The computer doesn't know whats on the CD. When you tell the DVD Library plugin to play a DVD, it just blindly plays what's in the DVD drive. You just have to make sure that the DVD Library plugin knows to open your HD-DVD software player, powerdvd or windvd.

When you try to play DVD files stored on your hard drive, the DVD Library looks for and expects to see a certain structure, a DVD structure. Well, since HD-DVD structure is so different from a DVD structure, the plugin will not play.

I currently have 2 HD-DVD on disc that work flawlessly using this plugin.

Make sence?

HD DVD on a CD = good
HD DVD files on a PC = bad
What about ripping the HD DVD to an ISO file? Can DVD Library recognzie the ISO, mount the ISO using Daemon Tools, and hand off to PowerDVD/WinDVD? There is the encrypted video path thingy to work around, but that's what AnyDVD HD takes care of, from what I understand.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:22 PM

This plug in is great. I concur that this makes BM.

What I have been doing since movie posters tend to be more appealing than dvd covers (when there is a difference), is I replace all the dvd covers with downloaded movie posters. Could this be why as I convert more and my library grows that browsing titles gets slower and less responsive? And if so would scaling the jpgs down be the solution?

I read about huge libraries here but no complaints of lag. I'm only up to around 300 so I must be doing something to cause it.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:31 AM

Question Re: [plugin] DVD Library (July 1 Update)

Hi. First of all... for the plugin. It's the by far best plugin available, and a shame it's not bought by snapstream and included in the BM package. It really

However, i do have a question, and although i've seen simmilar questions here before, i've not seem them ansvered (which does not mean they arent there...): How do i make a filter that filters out all movies NOT in a genre...?? (so that i can assign genres to them? As it is, i have to scroll to all my 400+ movies and checking each of them...
Old 09-16-2007, 08:36 PM

Alright I need help with this --

I have the HTPC and with mapped drives directly to my storage server. This is over a gigabit lan connection.

So I rip the full dvd using dvd decryptor, and then move it onto the storage server. From there i go into beyond media, and the dvd library to search for new movies. It finds what i ripped, and puts it in my library. I go to play it, and it just go to a black screen and at the bottom it says Chapter 0/30 and nothing happens at all. Im at a loss right now, any ideas?
Old 09-20-2007, 01:39 AM

No DD/DTS with intros/trailers in DVD library

I can't get any of my trailers that are encoded in DD or DTS to play anything other than in stereo before a movie begins. The movie plays in Dolby Digital just fine through DVD Library. The Trailers are .vob files and they play DD and/or DTS just fine in external DVD players. The trailers are being played from the local hard drive. Any ideas?
Old 09-24-2007, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivart321 View Post
Yes, that's exactly what I have been getting at the whole time. I really never had a desire nor need to play HD DVDs inserted into the physical drive. PowerDVD opens and plays them automatically when inserted. That works fine.

On the other hand, I have many HD DVDs ripped to the HDD that I want DVDLibrary to play... currently it cannot do this, and thus, I would love to see this feature added.

That is all.
+1

Blu-ray and HD DVD adoption is gaining more and more ground, allowing our ripped HD movies to be catalogued into the DVD Library would be wonderful. Donations would definitely come if this was implemented!
Old 09-29-2007, 12:56 PM
l33t Member

Re: [plugin] DVD Library - Problem w/Recently Added View

I'm messing with my BM DVD Library setup on my 2nd PC setup today and ran into a problem. I upgraded to the most recent version of DVD Library and it did fix adding movies. Unfortunately, When I try to goto "Recently Added" view, it shows no movies - even though I just added 10+ today. Any ideas? All other views seem to be working fine

Geek Tonic Blog

Follow me on Twitter
Old 10-06-2007, 08:20 AM
l33t Member

Re: [plugin] DVD Library - Problem w/Recently Added View

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfaslave View Post
I'm messing with my BM DVD Library setup on my 2nd PC setup today and ran into a problem. I upgraded to the most recent version of DVD Library and it did fix adding movies. Unfortunately, When I try to goto "Recently Added" view, it shows no movies - even though I just added 10+ today. Any ideas? All other views seem to be working fine
Well Still no answer on the above question - more proof that nobody is using Beyond Media anymore

Here's another question. Does DVD Library have any command line switches? I'm wanting to add a way to automatically search for new movies every few days or so via a script.

thanks to anyone who might be listening......................

Geek Tonic Blog

Follow me on Twitter
Old 10-09-2007, 09:17 AM

Is there a way that when you have a multi movie collectors pack if you can label what disc is what

Example:

Currently what the Discs are labeled like this

James Bond Ultimate Edition Volume 1
Disc 1
Disc 2
Disc 3
Disc 4

This Is what I want.

James Bond Ultimate Edition Volume 1
Disc 1: Goldfinger
Disc 2: Diamonds Are Forever
Disc 3: The Man With the Golden Gun
Disc 4: The Living Daylights
Disc 5: The World Is Not Enough
Old 10-09-2007, 05:29 PM

Kilrsat,

Is there any way to add an intermediary call between BM and our external software DVD player? Or even better, changing the way BM opens DVDs would be perfect. Right now, BM specifically looks for the VIDEO_TS.IFO file, but Blu-ray and HD DVD don't use that structure. If BM would just open the top level directory (the movie folder name) then hand off the initialization of the movie to the DVD player software, everything should work correctly for both DVDs and Blu-ray/HD DVD. PowerDVD plays the movies back correctly by only requesting it to open the movie's top level folder, it doesn't need to specifically open the VIDEO_TS.IFO file.

Thanks
Old 10-28-2007, 01:03 AM

Thanks for your continued interest & support for this feature which SS should have put in in the first place.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:00 PM

Question Re: [plugin] DVD Library (July 1 Update)

Has anyone gotten VLC player to work as the external DVD player within DVD Library? What I've found is that while the "{0}" argument within DVD Library passes the file path properly, it includes a trailing slash on the end of the path which VLC doesn't like:

C:\DVD_LIBRARY\<MOVIE_TITLE>\VIDEO_TS\ (expanded value of {0})

When calling VLC explicitly from a CMD window outside of BM/DVD Libary, it works perfectly if the trailing slash is omitted:

C:\Program Files\Videolan\VLC\vlc.exe dvd://C:\DVD_LIBRARY\MOVIE_TITLE\VIDEO_TS (works)

I've confirmed that adding the trailing backslash to the above command causes VLC to barf. Is there any way to explicitly exclude that trailing slash from the {0} arglist?

All suggestions appreciated.
Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3|Conroe E6400|1GB RAM|GeForce 7600GS 256MB|Zalman HD160 Case|Samsung HLT5687S LED DLP RPTV

BTV Link : BTV Link 4.x, FireFly
Dell Optiplex GX620 USFF|P4 3.2|1GB RAM|GMA950|Dell 2005FPW LCD
My BTV webpage
Old 11-01-2007, 04:18 PM

Exclamation Re: [plugin] DVD Library (July 1 Update)

Hi,

Been a long time BM user and immediately saw how the DVD Library plugin would be exactly what my dedicated home theater needs.

However, since I'm building the theater (it's a long term project; but not by choice) I've been lax in keeping up-to-date. Well, no more... I updated my BM plugins... I plowed through a whole host of problems with several re-installs, etc. Finally, I got everything working except for one and I'm stumped. I did a fresh install (BM, registry, files, etc. were cleaned) with BM, Crisp Curves, et al. However, BEFORE I install the DVD Library plugin (backing up application data of BM first), if I browse to a AVI/OGM/MKV and play it with BM it plays perfectly. INSTALL the plugin and if I browse to the same AVI... it plays but 2 seconds in I get a "Unable to play selected file" (the file is still being played; audio is still going) and I'm returned to the main menu of BM. I have to exit BM to clear (and sometimes kill) the playing file. I restore my back all is zen. Below is the log entries for the error (I did a diff on the new and backup version of BM files). Any suggestions to point me where my problem lies. (Obviously, I've done a thread search to no avail; I guess it is time to do my first post).

11/01/2007 05:05:43 Error: VideoPlayer::AttachVideo() failed
11/01/2007 05:05:43 Error: VideoPlayer::OpenFile() failed (Cannot add a movie control while one already exists!)
11/01/2007 05:05:45 Error: VideoPlayer::AttachVideo() failed
11/01/2007 05:05:45 Error: VideoPlayer::OpenFile() failed (Cannot add a movie control while one already exists!)

Cheers,
Kaoru-sama

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: