SnapStream Forums

Go Back   SnapStream Forums > SnapStream Developer Network > Beyond TV Downloads
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-22-2005, 10:40 AM

Re: [plugin] XMLTV Importer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephaneM
Hello,
Yes, the Wizard is expected to do this (since it's the first version) : it select by default the method it think it is best based on your XMLTV file.
I will stick with the classical interface then. My XMLTV file have big differents from channel to channel. Some have episode number and all and others is only a title...

Quote:
My advice is: delete all files in the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SnapStream\Beyond TV\3rdPartyGuideData and do the Import again (with the classical interface) and be sure to select the appropriate detection method.
I look like it did it , now the right episode is in the "To be recorded" list. And it look like there is no dobbelt recording. Let close it for now.

Thanks

Martin
Old 12-02-2005, 09:58 PM

trouble with hdtv listings

Hi,
i have an ati hdtv wonder on a computer without internet. I am having trouble importing the hdtv listings.
This is what i have done:
1) ran a scanned lineup through BTV so i can figure out what major/minor channels are found
2) ran xmltv to download hdtv listings in my area
3) edited channels in btvimporter so that major/minor channels are exactly like what btv scanned in step 1
4) ran the import
5) changed the channel lineup associated with hdtv wonder to lineup imported by btvimporter

Now when i go to tv guide, i see only empty channels. everything says "unavailable." any ideas? I can select the channels and watch them fine, but no guide data??
ati AIW 9000 for video out.
generic conexant blackbird x2
Old 12-02-2005, 10:18 PM

Re: trouble with hdtv listings

Hello,

Quote:
Originally Posted by bast
Now when i go to tv guide, i see only empty channels. everything says "unavailable." any ideas? I can select the channels and watch them fine, but no guide data??
Either you have selected the wrong lineup, or you have not selected the right "time offset" in the Importer or the Importer could not process your XMLTV file.

If you want I can check your XMLTV file, just send it to me at lmgestion@hotmail.com.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Beyond TV 4.2 - BTV XMLTV Importer - Web Based Program Guide - Firefly, Firefly Mini, Streamzap, USB-UIRT or MCE Remote Tool
Old 12-02-2005, 10:30 PM

Hi,
thanks for the reply.

I rechecked the lineup and it is correct.

I did not use a time offset. I also imported a regular SD cable tv lineup with no timeoffset and Those channels i can see in the tv guide. So i don't think that is it.

As far as the importer not being able to parse the file.. that might be. I didn't get any errors though. I will send you the xmltv file.

thanks in advance.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:56 PM

I had this yesterday, everything was working fine until suddenly everything (except a couple of programs on two channels) said unavailable.

I re-ran the import a few times- made no difference.
I then removed the third-party stuff and re-ran import - no difference!
I then shut down BeyondTV, removed the third-party stuff, restarted and re-ran - no difference
Finally, I rebooted, did the above, - no difference.
In a fit of pique, I re-downloaded my xml-tv file and re-did the above and it worked.

Then compared the two xml tv files and they are identical!
No idea what was going on at all there!
Nothing in the logs either - all looked normal.

Most strange it was
Old 12-04-2005, 06:04 PM

Hello,

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyQ
Then compared the two xml tv files and they are identical!
No idea what was going on at all there!
It is surely a glitch in the XMLTV file that caused this, as you removed the 3rdParty files, rebooted etc... you have then eliminated all other potential trouble sources.

In the case of "bast", the XMLTV file he send me was only containing programs already aired, that's why the Importer didn't import anything into BTV.

I personally never had troubles like this with BTV. In my cas when something goes wrong in the program guide (no to the point of "unavailable" everywhere), the source of the trouble has always been the XMLTV file / grabber.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Beyond TV 4.2 - BTV XMLTV Importer - Web Based Program Guide - Firefly, Firefly Mini, Streamzap, USB-UIRT or MCE Remote Tool
Old 12-04-2005, 06:54 PM

Thanks Stéphane for your help.

I was trying to download (with xmltv) 1 days worth of lineups, and that apparently was giving me problems. With your hints, I downloaded again but with 2 days of lineup and it worked fine.

Not sure what the problem was getting 1 day worth of lineups, but it works now.

Thanks again!
Old 12-07-2005, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Hello,

It is surely a glitch in the XMLTV file that caused this, as you removed the 3rdParty files, rebooted etc... you have then eliminated all other potential trouble sources.

I
Regards,
Stéphane.

Indeed, thats the only thing I could think it could be however when I compared the two files (using BeyondCompare), it showed no differences whatsoever.
Anyway, since then haven't had a repeat of that and all seems to be behaving itself
Old 12-12-2005, 10:29 AM

Hello - hope this is the correct thread for my query. I am struggling to get the XMLTV importer to work correctly with BTV4 or BTV3.4.7 (I think). The grabber seems to work OK. The XMLTV importer happily chunters through the channels but then I can't select a programme guide source other than the channel setup on my PVR150 card. Looking at the log in BTV shows what I assume is a nice clean import. Any thoughts ?
Old 12-13-2005, 12:19 AM

Hello,

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveNev
The XMLTV importer happily chunters through the channels but then I can't select a programme guide source other than the channel setup on my PVR150 card.
Make sure that :

* You have edited your channels in the Importer (channel numbers especially)
* You have selected the right lineup in Web Admin (to be sure delete all lineups in Web Admin prior to run the Importer).

Also you can look in the 3rdPartyDataGuide to see if the Importer does have generated some useful data.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:37 AM

Stéphane,

First up - you are an absolute star for your work on the XMLTV stuff - I might not be able to get it working just yet ...

Thank you very much for your quick reply. I had another go at this last night.

* You have edited your channels in the Importer (channel numbers especially)

The channels look good in the importer - have channel numbers, callsigns and channel names.

* You have selected the right lineup in Web Admin (to be sure delete all lineups in Web Admin prior to run the Importer).

Bingo - the tricky bit is the Web Admin. Once I've run the import, I can use the dropdown which shows the new channel lineup as Snapstream.net (or anything else I choose to name it) - so far so good. The clincher is when I select the Snapstream.net lineup and then hit the save changes, or the save as new the page falls over. Essentially I can't use the WebAdmin.

Is there any way that I can go into an .xml or .ini file in the application data and just hard code it? Failing that, any ideas why the WebAdmin doesn;t work. I tried changing other settings and it fell over every time I hit the save button.

How do I run the 3rdPartyDataGuide as it would probably be a good idea to make sure the data is good.

Cheers,

Dave N.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:31 PM

Hi Dave,

[QUOTE=DaveNev]The clincher is when I select the Snapstream.net lineup and then hit the save changes, or the save as new the page falls over. Essentially I can't use the WebAdmin.[QUOTE]

If you use only one lineup, delete all of them in Web Admin (If you can), and then run the Importer and launch BTV, BTV should use the newly imported lineup as it is the only one (BTV will sort of default to it if all is fine).

Quote:
Is there any way that I can go into an .xml or .ini file in the application data and just hard code it? Failing that, any ideas why the WebAdmin doesn;t work. I tried changing other settings and it fell over every time I hit the save button.
You can surely edit the XML files but it is something I never tried because there are many many things in the BTV config files...

Quote:
How do I run the 3rdPartyDataGuide as it would probably be a good idea to make sure the data is good.
The 3rdPartyDataGuide is a folder : C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SnapStream\Beyond TV\3rdPartyGuideData, this is where to guide data to be imported in BTV is stored. So look in this folder to see if you can notice some familiar shows (especially in the ProgramsXX.xml file).

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 12-15-2005, 02:20 AM

Hi Stéphane,

Thanks for the post - tried this but no luck.

"If you use only one lineup, delete all of them in Web Admin (If you can), and then run the Importer and launch BTV, BTV should use the newly imported lineup as it is the only one (BTV will sort of default to it if all is fine)."

The Web Admin doesn't work - every time I try to make any changes, it falls over. I can delete existing lineups in the Setup Wizard, but it then defaults to the channel lineup from the PVR150 capture card.

The ProgramsXX.xml files look good for the shows - I can't see any showtimes however - just the import date and a reference to a database key. Aside from that it looks good.

I just need to point beyond TV at the imported lineup - how frustrating!

Thanks for your help,

Dave N.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:35 AM

You could try to make a backup of the Beyond TV configuration with the About Beyond TV option, or copy C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SnapStream\Beyond TV to a new directory or zip file. Then move or delete UnifiedChannels.xml and userLineups.xml (in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SnapStream\Beyond TV) with BTV off (not running) and then start Beyond TV and run the importer.
Old 12-15-2005, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveNev
The Web Admin doesn't work - every time I try to make any changes, it falls over. I can delete existing lineups in the Setup Wizard, but it then defaults to the channel lineup from the PVR150 capture card.
Try to make a clean install of BTV (If you have valuable configuration just backup your current config as noted in the previous message) and see if it fix the Web Admin. Otherwise contact SnapStream support to see why WebAdmin can't work.

Regards,
Stéphane.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: