SnapStream Forums

Go Back   SnapStream Forums > SnapStream Developer Network > Beyond TV Downloads
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 28 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-07-2005, 09:31 PM

Re: [plugin] XMLTV Importer

Yes they are marked as new recordings but one has a line in the red dot.
Says its allready being recorder on tuseday or something...

It behaves a bit different every time....is there more info to clear out other than 3rdpartyguidedata ??
Old 11-08-2005, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyrA
Yes they are marked as new recordings but one has a line in the red dot. Says its allready being recorder on tuseday or something...
Well, in this case, the Importer must not have enough information to differentiate two episodes. Check that the episode that is given as "already recorded" is indeed the same episode (that is same episode number or no episode number at all).

In the Importer the episode number is currently used to unsure that a retrieved EPGID is what it should be. That is : it is not used as the episode title or episode description to differentiate the shows in a series. I will see if this particular area of the Importer could be improved.

Quote:
It behaves a bit different every time....is there more info to clear out other than 3rdpartyguidedata ??
No there is nothing to clear out, otherwise you'll not be able to schedule any "series" recording.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Beyond TV 4.2 - BTV XMLTV Importer - Web Based Program Guide - Firefly, Firefly Mini, Streamzap, USB-UIRT or MCE Remote Tool
Old 11-08-2005, 12:15 PM

Well the shows are obviously different when you look at the xml file.
I cant understand why BTV cant tell them apart.

I even see that BTV gets the same desc. on the program. How is that possible when xmltv file is correct.

Check this one out, as a BAD exempel.
This does not reflect my xmltv file!
Attached Images

Last edited by SyrA; 11-08-2005 at 12:25 PM.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Well the shows are obviously different when you look at the xml file.
I cant understand why BTV cant tell them apart.
As I said, the Importer does not support the episode number as the only information for telling if two shows are different. It uses primarily episode title, and episode description / episode airdate if specified in the identity detection method.

Your XMLTV file does not have episode title, neither an episode description that changes from one episode from the other (based on the sample you supplied).

The data imported into Beyond TV cannot be exactly the same as your XMLTV input, mainly because XMLTV in its current specification doesn't summarize shows but instead provide full information for each aired shows. For BTV you have to construct series with episodes and making up unique identifiers for shows that make senses. However the Importer does all this work "on the fly" without trying to extensively search through your XMLTV file but rather by using some hashing algorithm that do speed things a lot.

You'll have to wait for a future version of the Importer that does handle better epsiode numbering as a mean for identifying uniques episodes.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Beyond TV 4.2 - BTV XMLTV Importer - Web Based Program Guide - Firefly, Firefly Mini, Streamzap, USB-UIRT or MCE Remote Tool
Old 11-08-2005, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Check this one out, as a BAD exempel.
This does not reflect my xmltv file!
I just checke the algorithm and I should correct myself : the Importer does support very well episode number for identifying unique shows.

So send me a complete XMLTV file to lmgestion@hotmail.com (the one you posted in this thread was only two days so it is diffcult to see where the problem can be).

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:53 AM

Thumbs up Re: [plugin] XMLTV Importer

Ok, i hope your mailadress can handle 4 mb + files

If the importer does not support episodes as you stated in the first post i will certanly seattle with a "fair" functioning
Quote:
It uses primarily episode title, and episode description / episode airdate if specified in the identity detection method.
I recently updated my xmltv grabber, thats when my problems started. I can roll back if you cant find a way to handle the "new" format. But im also a bit interested in why it doesnt work. Computor problems, i cant understand, bugs the living daylights out of me. So in short terms, an explanation would do.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:07 PM

Send a message via ICQ to LiNuZ

One question Stéphane...

If I upgrade to BTV4, will your importer still work?

EDIT! Got the answer from your homepage

Last edited by LiNuZ; 11-10-2005 at 04:11 PM.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiNuZ
If I upgrade to BTV4, will your importer still work?
Yes it works, starting from version 3.4 of the Importer (the Web Guide works as well).

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:50 PM

StephaneM,

I tried your latest XMLTV importer 3.5 with Beyond TV 3.5.3 and It did not work . I had to go back to version 34s. Is the latest one only comaptible with Beyond TV 4?
Old 11-11-2005, 04:02 PM

Hello,

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYPlayer
I tried your latest XMLTV importer 3.5 with Beyond TV 3.5.3 and It did not work
It should work with all version of BTV; between 3.4 and 3.5 there were only minor changes in the Importer. However, To maintain compatibility with all versions of BTV (3.4 / 3.5 / 3.7 / 4.0), I must do some tricks with the different guide update interface offered with each version of BTV, maybe one of these tricks was broken by mistake.

Can you tell me if the Importer throw an error message?

Right now I'm thinking of something : I'v changed some path (Beyond TV 3 to Beyond TV) to register an old BTV dll, it's maybe this one that got broken.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:08 PM

I got this error.

Unable to start beyond tv update: File or assembly name
interop,BTVGuideUpdateManagerLib, or one of its dependencies, was not found.
Old 11-11-2005, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYPlayer
Unable to start beyond tv update: File or assembly name
interop,BTVGuideUpdateManagerLib, or one of its dependencies, was not found.
This issue should be fixed in version 3.6. One dependency was not included in the setup program (Interop.BTVGuideUpdateManagerLib.dll). Let me know if version 3.6 work as it should.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 11-11-2005, 06:24 PM

Thanks that worked.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:21 PM

Hi Stéphane

Thanks for a great programme, I think that I might have found a error in the 3.6 version.

Every time I run the Wizard the "Unique Programs detection" is set to "based on episode title only" - but that is not good for me and I change it to "based on program description....".

But if I run the Wizard again the option is back on "based on episode title only", I also think that it run with this option in /silent mode.

The problem is that BTV4 see the shows as already recorded, when there is no episode number and title.

Martin
Old 11-21-2005, 04:02 PM

Hello,

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxBat
Every time I run the Wizard the "Unique Programs detection" is set to "based on episode title only" - but that is not good for me and I change it to "based on program description....".
Yes, the Wizard is expected to do this (since it's the first version) : it select by default the method it think it is best based on your XMLTV file.

Quote:
I also think that it run with this option in /silent mode.
However, the "/silent" or the classical interface (/silent launch the classical interface anyway) will not change the method you choosed.

Quote:
The problem is that BTV4 see the shows as already recorded, when there is no episode number and title.
This might be another problem: in version 3.5 I improved a little the way the importer match unique episodes and how should be updated the infos of each already existing shows.

My advice is: delete all files in the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SnapStream\Beyond TV\3rdPartyGuideData and do the Import again (with the classical interface) and be sure to select the appropriate detection method.

Regards,
Stéphane.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: