SnapStream Forums

Go Back   SnapStream Forums > Archive > Beyond Media Downloads
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 46 votes, 4.83 average. Display Modes
Old 01-17-2005, 10:21 AM

Re: [plugin] Movie Showtimes (Jan 14 Update)

Hi. Any chance to get Singapore in the queue for 1.5?

Major movie theater chain can be found at : http://www.gv.com.sg/Booking/index.htm

Thanks for any and all efforts. Regards
Old 01-17-2005, 07:25 PM

Hi -

Great work. This is very handy.
My box won't play the trailers. I went into the trailers subdirectory, and could play the quicktime files therein. I updated to the latest quicktime for my system (6.5) and updated to the latest version of this plugin, and still am having problems.
I'm running windows 2000 w/ windows media player 9. Media player also can not play the quicktime files. Any ideas?
Old 01-17-2005, 07:40 PM
l33t Member

Location: About 2 feet in front of the monitor. (otherwise CT)

I'm also using Win 2K with MP 9 etc. Works fine here. I did not have an MOV codec and used the free codec from the site referenced way back at the beginning of the post. When I first installed this I had the same problem .. and thought I had the proper codec needed. When I downloaded the free mov codec from that web site and installed that, everything worked fine. (don't know if you should remove your existing QT stuff or not, but you may have to in order to not get conflicts when you add the freebie codec)

Retired BTV Beta Tester. 4.x.x

(new setup coming soon)
Old 01-17-2005, 08:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by emg178
Hi -

Great work. This is very handy.
My box won't play the trailers. I went into the trailers subdirectory, and could play the quicktime files therein. I updated to the latest quicktime for my system (6.5) and updated to the latest version of this plugin, and still am having problems.
I'm running windows 2000 w/ windows media player 9. Media player also can not play the quicktime files. Any ideas?
QuickTime-Alternative is required, not quicktime.

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...lternative.htm

I haven't heard any bad stuff about 1.3 so far. Does that mean its safe for me to start on 1.4?

Development time might slow down a little bit (there was a point where I was adding a new country every other day) as I'm splitting my time between this and the DVD Cataloging plugin. But you still get my world famous 24/7 support*, so at least that's a minor consolation.

*provided I'm not working, sleeping, eating, or otherwise busy

Last edited by Kilrsat; 01-17-2005 at 08:46 PM.
Old 01-19-2005, 09:40 AM

Thanks for the tip about quicktime. I installed the alternative codec, and it works O.K., except that the video flickers and it seems to choke frequently. Perhaps this is a beyond media thing.

When I play the mov files from their media player classic (installed with the codec), everything looks great. I'll try the low res files next time.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:00 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by emg178
Thanks for the tip about quicktime. I installed the alternative codec, and it works O.K., except that the video flickers and it seems to choke frequently. Perhaps this is a beyond media thing.

When I play the mov files from their media player classic (installed with the codec), everything looks great. I'll try the low res files next time.
This was put up back in post #50, but I'll rehash it here:

"Trailer skipping - Seems to be a result of the DirectShow filter for the particular audio codec used. Short of creating a media player that doesn't use DirectShow for playback this might be as good as it gets."

The BM file player, which is what's used to play the trailer, is a DirectShow based player (same as the real windows media player). Really its apple that doesn't want to play nice by not releasing real compatible directshow filters, instead hoping to get everyone in on the QuickTime lovefest.

Since they've made it their policy for so long, I don't see this changing anytime soon.

Why the included Media Player Classic works: It doesn't use directshow. It uses the quicktime dlls directly.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:00 PM

Question Re: [plugin] Movie Showtimes (Jan 14 Update)

Love this plug-in. But, I've had to regress to the previous version to get it to work. I installed the new version, and now I'm not getting the times for the movies. I get information about the movies and trailers, but no times. Weird huh?
Old 01-20-2005, 12:38 AM

Is the source for this plugin available?
Old 01-20-2005, 11:19 AM

Having trouble with postcodes in the UK. If I type in the postcode from the screenshot at the beginning of this thread then everything works OK. If I type in my own postcode then no data is downloaded.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:02 PM
l33t Beta Tester

Send a message via AIM to Brett
Re: [plugin] Movie Showtimes (Jan 20 Update)

Not sure where he found time to update it... eitherway this plugin has been updated.

-Brett

MSN Messenger for BM: Add MSN Messenger to BM. Includes MSN notifications over any module, and a chat client!

PIN Plugin for BM: Add PIN protection to any module in BM, including the settings!

BTV Recorded Shows: Brings the BTV Recording Library into BM with full show details.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:08 PM
Administrator

Re: [plugin] Movie Showtimes (Jan 20 Update)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett
Not sure where he found time to update it... eitherway this plugin has been updated.

-Brett
I work on it in the mornings before you start cracking the whip to get started on the DVDCatalog
Old 01-21-2005, 12:39 PM
Administrator

Re: [plugin] Movie Showtimes (Jan 21 Update)

Remember to switch to 1.3.1.1 if you were using 1.3.1.0, has an important fix for the US/Canada parsers.
Old 01-22-2005, 02:35 PM

Send a message via MSN to mickwall

Hi just downloaded the latest version and now I get no movie showtimes.

The log is as follows

01/22/2005 08:31:35 MovieShowtimes Plugin starting update
01/22/2005 08:31:35 ************************************
22 January 2005 20:31:35
DownloadDay failed.
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at SnapStream.MovieShowtimes.UKParser.GetDayArray(Str ing dayString)
at SnapStream.MovieShowtimes.UKParser.GetTheaterDetai ls(StringPair pair, Hashtable movies)
at SnapStream.MovieShowtimes.UKParser.DownloadDay(Dat eTime dtNow, Hashtable& movies, Hashtable& theaters)
at SnapStream.MovieShowtimes.MovieShowtimesUpdater.Do wnloadShowtimes()

I am using the postcode CR0 9NA and the UK parser

Cheers

Mick
BTV Server (BM 1.0 + BTV 3.52 2 PVR 250 tuners)
Asus MB | XP Pro SP2 | P4 2.8 | FX5200 128Mb | 512 Mb PC3200 | RAID 5 4 x 250Gb SATA drives | CM Water cooled
Old 01-23-2005, 10:01 AM

Hi there,
Is there a way to configure the plugin to save the trailers (and I guess the posters) somewhere else rather than the plugins\movieshowtimes directory? My software is installed on C:\ which I have allocated enough for programs but not for video files etc - I have mass storage on other drives for BM and BTV. Doesn't need to be a GUI option, even just some kind of xml config would be good (which file stores the settings?).

This is an awesome plugin and is one of the deciding reasons for me to purchase BeyondMedia.
Cheers,
Paul.
Old 01-23-2005, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phardwick
Hi there,
Is there a way to configure the plugin to save the trailers (and I guess the posters) somewhere else rather than the plugins\movieshowtimes directory? My software is installed on C:\ which I have allocated enough for programs but not for video files etc - I have mass storage on other drives for BM and BTV. Doesn't need to be a GUI option, even just some kind of xml config would be good (which file stores the settings?).

This is an awesome plugin and is one of the deciding reasons for me to purchase BeyondMedia.
Cheers,
Paul.
I definitely agree with this. Not only to conserve room on the C drive, but I also do not like constantly write-re-writing to my main drive. I'd much rather put all of the work on a drive without any important data on it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: