SnapStream Forums

Go Back   SnapStream Forums > User-to-User Troubleshooting & Support Forums > Beyond TV and Beyond TV Link User-to-User Troubleshooting & Support Forum
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2001, 09:34 PM

Hardware Setup Wizard Channel Setup

When attempting to "Autoscan Channels" using the Hardware Setup wizard, it says "Could not access the TV tuner". I've got the DSS Serial tuner selected in the main config. The serial tuning is working, as I have tested and recorded with it.

Any ideas? I'd love to try this new feature (I'm a new full-version user).
Old 05-14-2001, 06:18 PM

Guess I have to get off my lazy butt and write that autodetect function for the DSS DLL.

Seriously, though... the auto channel scan won't really work using a DSS via serial. There is no protocol information as far as I've seen to tell if a channel is available or not. The DSS will allow you to tune to any channel (even ch. 3217 if you want), but it will then display an error message only on the screen, not over the serial connection....
Old 05-16-2001, 09:28 PM
Administrator

just to repeat what z0rak is saying: basically, "autoscan" channels isn't applicable when you are using a satellite system...

what should happen here is that you should be able to choose satellite as a "Broadcast Source" in the hardware setup wizard (or this should be automatically set once z0rak gets the autodetect functionality in the dss.dll ) and then "Start Autoscan" should get grayed out.

[This message has been edited by rakeshagrawal (edited 05-16-2001).]
Old 05-17-2001, 09:03 AM

Well, one way or another it should present me with information that should not make me think it will work. I tried and tried, because it was an option.

Is there no way to get the programming guide information out of that serial port?? That would be really great.
Old 05-17-2001, 10:07 AM
Administrator

I don't think the serial port has any sort of an interface to the program guide that is streamed into the box over DirecTV...