SnapStream Forums

Go Back   SnapStream Forums > Archive > Beyond Media User-to-User Troubleshooting & Support Forum
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2012, 08:12 PM

Missing DVD decoder

Recently Beyond Media stopped working. Something about not thinking my video card was installed. Anyway, I just went and ran the Beyond Media setup. Everything went fine and BM started working.

Today I just tried to play a DVD and it wouldn't work. I checked the DVD settings and there is no decoder options listed. It just says none. Cyberlink, however, is still installed. I think I might have had other options as well.

So, how do I get Beyond Media to detect the DVD decoders so I can watch DVDs again?
Old 04-03-2012, 10:13 AM

Re: Missing DVD decoder

To my recollection you have to manually add the decoders to beyond media. Try this http://snapstream.helpserve.com/Know...v6-by-powerdvd

Not step by step your problem but the solution is to add the guids for the decoders in the xml file
Old 04-03-2012, 09:14 PM

Re: Missing DVD decoder

Thanks you helped me identify the problem, but that isn't exactly the solution. Turns out that the XML file doesn't have the DVDAudioFilters or DVDVideoFilters listed. This is why it doesn't give me options.

I have no knowledge of XML (when I initially installed BM it did everything for me). I can't find a download link for Beyond Media anymore. So, if you could copy and paste from your XML file what I need to put in mine, then I think it should start working again.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: