SnapStream Forums

Go Back   SnapStream Forums > SnapStream Developer Network > Development Discussion
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2012, 09:51 PM

Re: File Renamer for BTV Recorded Shows

My 40in Sony Google TV worked great with Beyond TV OTA tp files.

Earlier when I converted tp files of Beyond TV to mpg, my HTC Evo 4g also worked. Now with tp files it just spins and never gets the file loaded.

I guess mkv and mpg both are more native to Plex and work better. Did you get any results like this? As another example, I had to convert h264 into mkv containers for them to play back flawlessly on my Google TV.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:53 PM

When I used VideoRedo TVSuite to change the tp to an mpg. The artwork and description was missing. Is there other files in the BTV show directory that are necessary for this information to work with Plex? When I did the modification in your zip file to modify plex scraper for tp files then all the information showed up.

I think I read in VideoRedo TVSuite forums that when you change format then the meta data in the file is lost. That could be the problem. Ever heard anything like that?

Last edited by lschroeder; 02-13-2012 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Change this Duplicate Post to another question I have
Old 02-13-2012, 09:59 PM
l33t Member

Send a message via AIM to tmar89 Send a message via Yahoo to tmar89

How are you playing videos on your phone? Through the Plex app or through a media player app across the home network?
TV: LG 55LW5600 with Plex
Old 02-13-2012, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmar89 View Post
How are you playing videos on your phone? Through the Plex app or through a media player app across the home network?
Plex app.

Last edited by lschroeder; 02-14-2012 at 02:48 AM.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:39 PM
l33t Member

For some reason now, my TP files in Plex are no longer showing up. I have to mess with this more to figure out why. The log shows they are being scanned, but they don't show up. They did before, but not now and nothing changed. Hmm.

EDIT: Plex over wrote the VideoFiles.py file that I modified. I wonder how that happened?

Last edited by tmar89; 02-13-2012 at 10:49 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:40 PM
l33t Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lschroeder View Post
I think I read in VideoRedo TVSuite forums that when you change format then the meta data in the file is lost. That could be the problem. Ever heard anything like that?
That's most likely the case.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:58 AM

Quote:
For some reason now, my TP files in Plex are no longer showing up. I have to mess with this more to figure out why. The log shows they are being scanned, but they don't show up. They did before, but not now and nothing changed. Hmm.

EDIT: Plex over wrote the VideoFiles.py file that I modified. I wonder how that happened?
Over at plex forum

(The reason for needing to symlink is that otherwise the autoupdate will whack this new one.)

Someone else said lock the file so it cannot be overwritten. I do not know what symlink is.

Edit: I created a ticket at https://plexapp.lighthouseapp.com/pr...-plex/overview for them to add .tp to their VideoFiles.py file.

Last edited by lschroeder; 02-14-2012 at 04:07 AM. Reason: Edit
Old 02-14-2012, 04:26 AM

Quote:
When I used VideoRedo TVSuite to change the tp to an mpg. The artwork and description was missing. Is there other files in the BTV show directory that are necessary for this information to work with Plex? When I did the modification in your zip file to modify plex scraper for tp files then all the information showed up.

From VideoRedo TVSuite Forum "The TVDB lookup needs the series title and either the episode title or the air date. These can be obtained from metadata in input files or by parsing the input file name (using a template set up in Advanced Config). Only the latter method would be possible for mpeg2 files of course. The "translation" tables for series- and episode-titles (Advanced Config) can be used to compensate for mismatches between those items, as obtained from input file metadata, or from file name parsing, and their TVDB versions, to enable a successful TVDB search.

Thus, unless your mpeg2 file names can be parsed to get the required items, I'm afraid you're out of luck."

Do we have this information, series title and spisode, in your renamed file? Is it in the proper format for TVBD with Plex?

For example I have Body.of.Proof.S02E06.Second.Chances.tp which I can use VideoRedo TVSuite to convert to

Body.of.Proof.S02E06.Second.Chances.mpg
Body of Proof - s02e06 - Second Chances.mpg

Plex, if I add the TVDB option, should be able to add the art and description to the .mpg version. Do you agree or think we might need a slightly different naming for the file? I found the second version at PlexNine PMS Naming Guide. The advantage to converting is that my phone and Google TV can both play this file. Another advantage is that I could use VideoRedo TVSuite commercial detection to cut out the ads and padding. I would write my mpg files to a new directory that I would use instead of BTV shows. My wife through BTV Link could keep watching her shows and deleting them. I could save the shows for my Google TV and phone in the new directory. I guess I will try and see what happens. I will probably save it in the Plex naming convention since my earlier had no art or description. My guess is that the .tp art and description worked because of meta data in the file.

Last edited by lschroeder; 02-14-2012 at 04:58 AM.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:22 AM

It worked using their naming method. Now to come up with a procedure. Both my phone and Google TV worked. Just checked out my HP Touchpad under CM7 android. It also worked.

Leave my .tp versions for unedited files. Keep by .mpg versions for no ad version. Must think about the rest.

Tmar89, how do handle your renamer with new shows being added each night?

Last edited by lschroeder; 02-14-2012 at 05:39 AM.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:24 AM
l33t Member

Quote:
Tmar89, how do handle your renamer with new shows being added each night?
I've never automated it. I wanted to incorporate it into BTV Media Edit (http://code.google.com/p/btv-media-edit/) but never got around to it. PM fox004 for more info about this code.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:27 AM

Quote:

The same thing happened to me. I am on vacation for a week. Lucky me! I did convert some of mine to mpg containers removing the padding plus ads using video redo. They seem to stay since mpg is a supported extension. I will down a plex client now and see what is going on. I can actually modifiy my BTV/Plex server remotely but my wife might not like it if I crash her recording of shows. So I will just use it and not modifiy stuff til I get back.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:47 AM
l33t Member

Looks like we need to wait until Plex is able to add the .tp extension.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Looks like we need to wait until Plex is able to add the .tp extension.
I am trying to get it added.

https://plexapp.lighthouseapp.com/pr...#ticket-1240-3
Old 02-16-2012, 10:54 AM
l33t Member

Yeah I commented on it too.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:26 PM
l33t Member

Quote:
I've never automated it. I wanted to incorporate it into BTV Media Edit (http://code.google.com/p/btv-media-edit/) but never got around to it. PM fox004 for more info about this code.
tmar89, I'm very interested in giving you a hand with automating this tool if you're open to it. Please let me know if you'd be open to sharing your code with the community at large.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: