SnapStream Forums

Go Back   SnapStream Forums > SnapStream Developer Network > Beyond TV Downloads
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-04-2006, 04:03 PM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to cwilkerson
[addon] MediaMVP w/BTV (October 06)

Author: Romanoj, Splint, David and others
Short Description: Adds BeyondTV 4.0 functionality to the Hauppaugee MediaMVP
Long Description: Here's what the BTV MediaMVP skin can do:
Live TV from BTV & Pause Live TV - (server supports LiveTV, but only for what is currently playing on the EPG. Meaning that once the show is over, it stops. You'll have to go back in the EPG and select the next show to get LiveTV again)
Program Guide from BTV server
Display Upcoming Recordings List
Play recorded shows (uses MVP server)
Set up a recording
Delete a recording
Play Music & Video Files - If the music and video files are viewable by the BTV server, such as a network shared folder or drive, then the MediaMVP can play it. You just add the folder in the settings. It can't play VOBs files due to the AC3 audio. Goto www.shspvr.com/smf to read more about the MediaMVP capabilities.

Plus it can do extra things that BTV link doesn't :
internet radio
display web pages
RSS news
weather

Version Number: 4.5
Last Updated: 09/04/2006

Here's what It cannot currently do:
Commercial skip "smartskip" is not currently supported
HDTV is not supported
Browse by Category - tv guide browse by category

Snapstream doesn't officially support this skin but have provided us permission to use their graphics and provided misc. help. The skin is working well with BTV 4 (most recent version of BTV) and is being updated by romanoj.

Homepage: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mvpbtv/

Installation Instructions: Run the setup wizard and the files will be copied to the Hauppauge MediaMVP folder. Also the needed images from SnapStream Beyond TV 4.0 will be copied. The setup wizard will confirm your BTV license. When complete, turn on your MediaMVP, the skin should appear.
There are user modifiable items in the user_config.js file.
Release Notes: 4.4
License: GNU
Requirements: BeyondTV 4.0 or higher and at least one MediaMVP unit. Internet Explorer.
Title: BeyondTV 4.0 funcionality for MediaMVP
Download: http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...roup_id=107497
Attached Images

Last edited by cwilkerson; 10-11-2006 at 09:44 PM.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:54 PM

Re: [addon] MediaMVP w/BTV (October 06)

I am having a wierd problem. I would appreciate any help. When I try to watch livetv, it runs for a few seconds, then goes back to the guide. I can't seem to watch more than a few seconds.

I have researched this board for several hours, and read the other recently closed thread. I cannot seem to find an answer. Thanks to anyone who helps me!
Old 10-04-2006, 07:56 PM

It's October 6 already?
Old 10-04-2006, 08:40 PM

I posted to the old thread which I guess has been closed about some problems I have been having with the MediaMVP w/BTV skin. Here are my old posts (see below for the latest, it may help others):

Re: [addon] MediaMVP w/BTV (Apr 5 Update)
I have just setup a MediaMVP which went without any problems. I then setup the BeyondTV skin which is giving me some headaches.

When I ran the setup program for the BTV skin everything seemed to go fine until it finished then I got an error message that said: "Run-time error '429': ActiveX component can't create object"

Then when I turn on the MediaMVP I get a black screen with white text which has the menu choices. Over the top of this I get this:
Runtime Error
File: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Hauppauge...-23/Media.html
Line: 47
Error: Object doesn't support this property or method

I can click the "Pictures" and "Radio" text to get to those options but every other choice gives me another Runtime Error similar to the one above.

I've looked through this thread but have not found anything that would help me.

If anyone has any ideas I sure would appreciate the help.

Thanks,
Scott

Re: [addon] MediaMVP w/BTV (Apr 5 Update)

Two other things: When I install the skin I have to type in my BeyondTV license number. It is not reading it from the registry as I am told it will.

Also, I am using the latest version of BTV: 4.4, the latest version of the BTV skin and the latest version of the MediaMVP drivers from Hauppauge's website. Have also tried the version the came with the MediaMVP.

Regarding the "Runtime Error '429':ActiveX component can't create object". I did a search and came up with this MS knowledge base website:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/247979/EN-US/
I followed the suggestion listed and downloaded the Microsoft Windows Script 5.6 and installed. I then re-installed the MediaMVP software and the BTV skin. My license key was in the boxes where is should be. YES! I didn't get the Runtime 429 Error. YES! I thought I was in business.

I then started the MediaMVP and was sure everything would now work, but NO! I got the same black screen with white menu options with the Runtime Error message over them.

I have been thinking that maybe it is my Internet Explorer 7 Beta 3 that has been causing the problem. I uninstalled the beta and went back to IE6 and what do you know? It worked!!

Now my question is this. Has anyone else had this problem with IE7? Is anyone using the BTV skin while also running IE7? I know there is IE7 RC1 now available and would like to try it but am afraid of having the same problems.

Thanks,
Scott
Old 10-05-2006, 02:28 PM

On my problem (see third post) I should mention everything else works. Weather, recorded movies, everything. But I select livetv, I get the guide. I select a channel on the guide, and it goes to play live tv. In a second or so of playing, it then stops and goes back to the guide.

ANYBODY? PLEASE??? I've done the research, now I need some help. Thanks.

Last edited by neoteric; 10-05-2006 at 02:42 PM.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:46 PM

Quote:
I am having a wierd problem. I would appreciate any help. When I try to watch livetv, it runs for a few seconds, then goes back to the guide. I can't seem to watch more than a few seconds.
Try changing the following line in your user_config.js file:

var nWaitForLiveTV = 5*1000;

to:

var nWaitForLiveTV = 15*1000;

This makes it wait longer (15 second wait). It should help. Also, some people reported that they have to select LiveTV two times in a row to make it work.

Let me know how it works.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:48 PM

Also, this new thread will be updated shortly to reflect the new version. The openning message was wrong.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Now my question is this. Has anyone else had this problem with IE7? Is anyone using the BTV skin while also running IE7? I know there is IE7 RC1 now available and would like to try it but am afraid of having the same problems.
This is very interesting. The Internet Explorer dependency is in Hauppuage's firmware. We can't control that. Hopefully, there's a settings change you can make to make it work. Someday,we'll have to find out. I'll be its related to the security settings. Anyway, can't worry about IE7 right now.
Old 10-05-2006, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by romanoj View Post
This is very interesting. The Internet Explorer dependency is in Hauppuage's firmware. We can't control that. Hopefully, there's a settings change you can make to make it work. Someday,we'll have to find out. I'll be its related to the security settings. Anyway, can't worry about IE7 right now.
Thanks for the reply. I am going to try IE7 RC1 this weekend. I'll report back with the result.

Scott
Old 10-06-2006, 07:23 PM

I set the var nWaitForLiveTV = 15*1000, worked great! Thank you so much, I really appreciate you and your code. Thanks.

How do I support this product? contributions?
Old 10-07-2006, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc0rre View Post
Originally Posted by romanoj

Thanks for the reply. I am going to try IE7 RC1 this weekend. I'll report back with the result.

Scott
Well I tried Internet Explorer Release Candidate 1 today and I get the same problems I had originally. I tried changing all my security setting to the least secure and that didn't work either. So it's back to IE6.

If you look a my original post I think the first problem is in the media.html file, line 47. I don't know if that is the only problem since I can't get past that first problem. I know some html but this is beyond me.

I don't know if anyone is using IE7 with the BTV skin, or even if that many people are using the skin, but I just wonder what's going to happen when the final version of IE7 comes out, which sounds like soon, and MS makes it an automatic update.

I think the skin is fantastic and kudos to all who had a hand in developing it. One question though. How do I go about adding radio stations? Or is that a question for Hauppauge?

Thank for any and all help,
Scott
Old 10-07-2006, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc0rre View Post
How do I go about adding radio stations? Or is that a question for Hauppauge?
Nevermind about adding the radio stations. I figured that one out.

Scott
Old 10-09-2006, 02:48 PM

Does the latest MediaMVP version which was created to support (or better support) Beyond TV 4 support Beyond TV3? I do not have Beyond TV4 and am not planning to move soon, so I was wondering if there is any point to moving to the latest MediaMVP version.

Thanks,
PP
Old 10-09-2006, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Does the latest MediaMVP version which was created to support (or better support) Beyond TV 4 support Beyond TV3? I do not have Beyond TV4 and am not planning to move soon, so I was wondering if there is any point to moving to the latest MediaMVP version.
The latest version is compatible with BTV 3.7 and 4.4. If you still have BTV 3.5 or less then you should download the previous version (version 0.25). I haven't tested the LiveTV with BTV 3.7 in a long time with the 4.4 release 1a so I'm not sure if it will work for sure for BTV 3.7. It should but I'm not sure at this point.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Well I tried Internet Explorer Release Candidate 1 today and I get the same problems I had originally. I tried changing all my security setting to the least secure and that didn't work either. So it's back to IE6.
Sorry to hear that. If I have time, I'll try to look into that before IE7 is released.

Also, I am working on a Shoutcast RADIO plugin for the BTV skin which would let you choose a station on the fly without having to sit down at your host computer.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: