SnapStream Forums

Go Back   SnapStream Forums > SnapStream Developer Network > Beyond TV Downloads
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-21-2006, 07:56 AM

Re: [addon] MediaMVP w/BTV (Apr 5 Update)

tried all of that, couldn't get anything to work apart from the main menu. Got stuck on Preparing Live TV
Old 06-21-2006, 08:12 AM

Have a look at this link:

http://forums.snapstream.com/vb/show...ght=guide.html

You have to load a new guide.html for 4.x Live TV to work with the BTV "skin". I still have problems with live TV because (I think) my BTV and MVP services are on different boxes. Everything else works OK though.

Mike
Old 06-21-2006, 08:16 AM

done that as well! I can get the guide up but as I said when I click watch now it hangs there on Preparing Live TV. All my software is on one pc.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:38 AM

I'm having the same problem. Updated guide.html. Guide is displayed. Selecting "Watch...now" generates "Preparing LiveTV Buffer file" or something like that, then "Error locating LiveTV buffer file" after a while. Tried experimenting with the nWaitForLiveTV timeout, which is now set to 20000 ms. No luck. Anyone have any thoughts?

Last edited by Mike DiBella; 06-22-2006 at 09:38 AM. Reason: typo
Old 06-22-2006, 11:17 AM
l33t Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike DiBella
I'm having the same problem. Updated guide.html. Guide is displayed. Selecting "Watch...now" generates "Preparing LiveTV Buffer file" or something like that, then "Error locating LiveTV buffer file" after a while. Tried experimenting with the nWaitForLiveTV timeout, which is now set to 20000 ms. No luck. Anyone have any thoughts?
I don't own MediaMVP, but it may have something to do with this: I think that BTV 3.5, you configured a location for a livetv buffer, but I think that 4.3, maybe earlier 4.x, BTV uses your default record folder and livetv appears there as a hidden recording, named just like a normal recording, SeriesName-(Episode)-date-0.mpg (or tp). On my system, any livetv recording longer than one half hour gets broken into a -0 and a -1.

AUTOXVID - Check this out:
AutoXvid Manual -
http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AU...dHc2Y2Q4&hl=en
Old 08-14-2006, 11:35 AM

Hi all.

Can someone tell me if the MVP-BTV addon will work together with BTV 3.4 (Build 1334) ? Yes I know it's rather old but works fine for me !
Old 08-14-2006, 05:29 PM

All,

I am one of the developers of that skin. I worked on some of the BTV screens and created the weather page. The project is still alive but barely. A while back, the main developer (Splint) moved on. He had done alot the work on the skin and created the install packages. When he left, David and I tried to re-vive it and update it for BTV 4.x. We got LiveTV to work and recording of shows. The skin will work fine with BTV 3.5 and BTV 4.x. For 4.x you have to download a new guide.html file. I too haven't worked on this for a long time so some of this is rusty. My setup has been running great and I haven't had a need to tweak it.

For BTV 4.x LiveTV to work, you must download the latest guide.html file from our sourceforge page and overwrite your old copy. Go directly to the source download page to get it at :
http://mvpbtv.cvs.sourceforge.net/mvpbtv/BTV35/

For more info, the project home page is at :
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mvpbtv

Anyway, I'm able to watch LiveTV just fine with my WIRELESS (yes, wireless 802.11G) MediaMVP using this skin and BTV 4.3 (in fact, it even works with the betas). I can also watch a program while the program is getting recorded. In fact, since I have two tuners, I can record two shows and watch a different show from that same computer using the MediaMVP without any problems. (CPU demand is not high)

There are a couple of quirks. One, you must download the new file. (you might want to download all the files listed as 8-9 months old). Overwrite the file(s) in your installed Hauppauge MVP directory. Second, you have to play around with the WaitForLiveTV parameter in your user_config.js file. Also, if you want the BTV 4.X skin, you have to manually copy those image files over into your \images\english directory.

It all works fine. I can provide you more details if you want. Like someone wrote, the LiveTV is just playing a hidden MPEG file that gets created when you start the LiveTV process. So you have to have the correct directory and long enough wait time, it shuold work. Even the record menus should work. By the way, this guide.html file is supposed to detect if you have BTV 3.5 installed and will work with that version as well.

I'm not sure about BTV 3.4. Like I said, it's been a while.....

Last edited by romanoj; 08-14-2006 at 05:32 PM.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:52 AM

Romanoj,

I have it working on 4.3 as well. I am using older wired MediaMVP's. The only problem is that I cannot get the weather, radar, and satellite screens working correctly. I keep getting satellite images from somewhere over Texas even after changing the zipcode. The locale weather keeps getting an error. I cannot remember off of the top of my head what it is.

Any help on these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

KAS...
Old 08-15-2006, 08:03 AM

Is there a definitive step-by-step guide on how to install/reinstall the BTV skins on a BTV 4.x setup?
There's a new firmware version for the MVP that I'd like to apply, but every time it's a pain in the butt to remember all the steps involved in reapplying the skin properly. I usually end up fiddling until it works somewhat properly.
It's a pity the project has been pretty much abandoned. The skin itself seems to still be viable (despite the existing limitations), but the setup process could use a bit of attention. :-(

Brad.

Old 08-15-2006, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Is there a definitive step-by-step guide on how to install/reinstall the BTV skins on a BTV 4.x setup?
No. But I can put one together and post it. I'll see if I can post it this weekend. By the way, I'm using a new MediaMVP firmware since the wireless required it so I know the pain.

Quote:
The skin itself seems to still be viable (despite the existing limitations), but the setup process could use a bit of attention.
I know. I tried to emphasize that to the others but it didn't happen. I don't have all the setup utilities to create the install package myself but I may anyhow try to chase down what Ineed. Again, I'll see what I can do this weekend.

Quote:
I have it working on 4.3 as well. I am using older wired MediaMVP's. The only problem is that I cannot get the weather, radar, and satellite screens working correctly. I keep getting satellite images from somewhere over Texas even after changing the zipcode. The locale weather keeps getting an error. I cannot remember off of the top of my head what it
First, make sure you downloaded the latest version of the weather.html file. Go to the CVS directory to get it. Second, the zipcode and satellite choices are stored in a file called MVPBTV35.xml. The weather page looks for that file and defaults if nothings there. I assume you know this but you select the satellite image from the weather setup page under main menu settings option. You MUST execute that at least once. It then remembers this by storing the selected image name in that MVPBTV35.xml file.( hidden in your local UserData directory). The zipcode is stored there as well.

Search for that file. If it doesn't exist, make sure you selected something in the settings page otherwise use my copy to troubleshoot. See attached. The important thing is getting the latest copy of the weather files at the CVS directory. Like I said, copy all the files that are listed in the 8-9 month range and overwrite what you have.

I can help you more. let me know. I'm going to work on this project this weekend. I use it alot and it works great with BTV 4.X I want others to have the same sucess I have.
Attached Files
File Type: xml MVPBTV35.xml (414 Bytes, 349 views)

Last edited by romanoj; 08-15-2006 at 10:30 PM.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:20 AM

Hey, thanks for your efforts. I'll keep an eye open here and aim to do the firmware upgrade next week.

Brad.

Old 08-20-2006, 11:55 AM

I've got an updated version ready for test. If anyone tries it, please let me know how it worked. This time, I created a visual basic front-end wizard that makes the setup painless. It worked on my system but I have NTSC and am using English menus so I don't know how well it will work with PAL.

Here's what you need to do to use it. If you're starting from scratch (meaning this is the first time you're installing the MediaMVP), skip to step 4.

This MVPBTV SKIN version is compatible with Beyond TV 4.0 and higher (even the BTV 4.4). It should be backwards compatible with BTV 3.7.4 as well.

LiveTV should work as well as the normal Beyond TV type menus. You might have to select it two times in a row to make it work but it will start.

Here are the directions:

1) First, stop the MediaMVP services by selecting STOP in the Programs menu choice under Hauppauge MediaMVP. This stops the background services for the MediaMVP.
2) Un-install your current Hauppauge firmware/driver version.
3) Erase all contents of the \program files\Hauppauge MediaMVP directory. It might complain about one file couldn't be erase(HcwVSFilter.dll). Ignore that file.
4) Download and install the Latest Hauppauge firmware. HOWEVER, I found issues with the one posted on their website. The version I used that worked well was version 3.0.24088. Visit http://www.shspvr.com/smf/index.php?topic=9800.0 to download this version.
5) After the Hauppauge installation, unplug your MediaMVP, wait a few seconds and plug it back in. This will make it load the new firmware.
6) Go through the default menus to make sure everything works. NOW, THIS IS IMPORTANT. Go through the Settings - Configuration menu. Some of these settings are not accessible through the BTV Skin so you won't be able change them unless you do it now.
7) Turn off the MediaMVP using your remote.
8) Download and unzip this new MediaMVP w/BTV 4.0 file (Goto https://sourceforge.net/projects/mvpbtv/ to download the file)
9) Unzip it to some temporary directory. Run the setupwizard by double-clicking on MVP_BTV_setupwizard.exe. It should run, if not, check that you have the visual basic runtime libraries.
10) The wizard will ask you where your Beyond TV directory is and where your Hauppauge directory is and it will copy the necessary files. It will create a custom user_config.js file that contains you specific info. NOTE: you must have a licensed BeyondTV for this to work. It will not work with a Trial license.
11) When the wizard is done, you can turn on your MediaMVP via the remote.
12) YOU SHOULD NOW SEE THE BTV SKIN! one note, however, for the weather pages to work, you must navigate through the settings page and select weather options to select zipcode or ICAO and satellite map.

That's it. I hope someone can try this and let me know how it works. It worked well for me. I erased everything and followed the above procedure. If it's good for others, I'll post it on our sourceforge site. Again, I did not test PAL so I'm not sure how well that will work. Plus, I know non-english images will be kind of messed up too.

Sept 4th update *** Update version now on sourceforge.net ***.
. One quick note. Remember that LiveTV iwith this implementation is like watching a TV episode live. LiveTV will work fine but it will stop when the show your watching is over. In other words, it's not a continuous LiveTV mode. You can re-select however. ****

Last edited by romanoj; 09-04-2006 at 06:01 PM.
Old 08-20-2006, 02:13 PM

I followed these instructions and did see a BTV-like skin. However, the appearence of the skin was quite different than the MVPBTV35_V0_2_5.exe skin. The menu font was "serif" instead of "sans serif" and was quite small. Highlight bars on the selected menu item weren't visible. When I selected "Recorded Shows", I got the original MVP directory listing, not the BTV skin show listing with extended information. LiveTV did work--the first time I have seen it work. For the moment, I have regressed back to MVPBTV35_V0_2_5.exe.

Last edited by Mike DiBella; 08-20-2006 at 02:14 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-20-2006, 02:44 PM

Quote:
The menu font was "serif" instead of "sans serif" and was quite small
You can select the font you want by modifying the style.css file. I uploaded the version that I used but you can use the style.css from the previous release or modify it yourself via a text editor. You select font, size, etc. for each item.

Quote:
Highlight bars on the selected menu item weren't visible
OOPS. It's just missing the highlight PNG file. I somehow managed to leave it out of the zip file. I'll re-submit the zip file in a little bit.

Quote:
When I selected "Recorded Shows", I got the original MVP directory listing, not the BTV skin show listing with extended information
That shouldn't have happenned. Are you using the default BTV folder?

Quote:
LiveTV did work--the first time I have seen it work
Well, at least that worked.

How was the overall installation experience? Did it work as expected with little trouble? Was the wizard helpful? Should I prompt the user for selecting font size and type? I could create a settings application that adjust things like font, etc.

Let me know.
Old 08-20-2006, 03:19 PM

I followed all your steps exactly as described but I have to say I'm having a few issues. These are probably related to the files which may not have been copied from the BTV folder to the Hauppage MPV folder. I'm not that up to speed on which files do what when it comes to the skins (obviously or I would have fixed it up myself).

It installed relatively well but,

1-When on the main BTV menu the selected item is not highlighted. Luckily I can read on the bottom which item is selected. On the submenus I can't tell which item is currently selected. This is especially true when I select a file to play. I can't tell what will happen when I press OK because I can't tell which menu item is active. It does not highlight.

2- When I move into the secondary menus (ie. Previously recorded shows) It seems to still use the original MVP graphics and icons which look awful. I probably need to move some more XMLs from BTV. I had hoped that it would use all the xml files for the BTV skin.

3- Live TV still doesn't work. I get the same message as before "automation could not be started). This is probably due to BTV locking the file it uses to play live TV.

The Live TV feature was the only reason I attempted to do this. I was perfectly happy with the graphics, the appearance of the screenshots and the functionality.
Win XP Pro sp2, BTV461, BM1.1 MSI K8N NEO2 (MS-7025) MoBo, AMD 64 3000+, 1gb RAM, (2)Hauppage PVR-250, RADEON 9600XT, (2)120GB Maxtor HD, (2)200GB Maxtor SATA HD, Cavalier desktop, Firefly, MyBlaster, 2XStarchoice(DSR405 & DSR400).
Client 1
Hauppauge MediaMVP.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: