|SnapStream Forums Rules|
Snapstream Media Forums Rules of Conduct
Welcome to the Forums.Snapstream.com -- the Official Discussion Forum for Snapstream Media.
We want this to be a reasonably 'free & open' forum. Active discussions are encouraged, however the forums are property of Snapstream Media and we reserve the right to lock, delete, and/or ban messages and users that are deemed inappropriate on a case-by-case basis. Bear in mind that you're a guest on this site, so some rules need to be in place.
The rules are as follows:
1) We are not responsible for the content of any messages posted by our users. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any message. Messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this forum, or of Snapstream Media or it's agents.
2) If you have an actual technical support issue with our software, - WHETHER IT BE PAID OR TRIAL - please visit: OFFICIAL SUPPORT and file a Technical Support Request. This is the only avenue to reach official support, not the boards. If you wish, please post in the User forums for help from other users of the software. Other users may be able to provide insight into your problem. Do not send emails to the board administrator using the feedback form regarding technical support requests. Any emails to the board administrator regarding technical support of our products will not be answered.
3) Demands for "Official Response"- Please do not post to the board thinking that your requests/demands regarding a feature you want or want changed will be heard or even responded to by the developers. The developers do not patrol the boards regularly, and may miss any suggestions you have. Instead, file a technical support request and it will be forwarded to a developer for review. The same goes for Technical Support issues you may have.
4) Reporting Posts:Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by using the "Report This Post" function of the boards. The moderation team has the ability to remove objectionable messages and will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if a removal is determined to be necessary.
5) Discussions should take place in the appropriate forum. Please make the effort to post in appropriate places. If you post in an inappropriate forum, please use the "Report This Post" function of the boards and the administrators will move it for you. Do not Cross-Post between forums hoping your post will be read/responded to by Snapstream employees. Threads found to be violating this policy will be deleted or moved by the moderators.
6) Some topics are considered off-topic and should not be discussed here.
These topics and activities will be immediately moderated/deleted, and they include, but are not limited to:
- "I got First post" or nonsense posts.
Though we respect free speech, the moderation team reserves the right to close or delete topics at any time. Remember that this is a software forum, and not intended to be a be-all-end-all forum for every topic under the sun. If necessary, borders around topics will be drawn and defended.
7) Account and Email Policies - Only one account is allowed on the board, and you must have a valid email address. Multiple accounts are not permitted and will be deleted without warning or notification.
That being said, there are some features on the board that require a valid email address to work properly (Thread subscriptions, notifications of private messages, etc). Therefore, you must have a valid email address registered with this forum to post here.
If your e-mail address is found to be invalid, you will be notified privately by the board administrator(s) and will be requested to change your profile to include a valid e-mail address.
If you provide a "throwaway" e-mail address and it starts responding with error messages, spam blocker manual verification system responses, or auto-replies like "This is not a valid address, I'll never see your message.", your account will be placed into "email validation mode" and you will not be able to post until your email address is validated.
Signing up for an account with a bogus address will only result in your account not being validated properly and you will not be able to post. Accounts like this will be deleted on a periodic basis, requiring re-creation of said accounts using a valid, working email address.
8) Advertising - No commercial advertisements please. This is a forum for open discussion of Beyond TV, Firefly, and Beyond Media. Posts regarding comparison of features between our products and our competitors are encouraged, as it draws attention to features that could be improved/added to our software. Postings of an advertising nature regarding other competitor's products will not be tolerated. If you are mentioning a competitor's software, keep it in context of comparison, or a personal recommendation based on a user's request in the forums only, or your post will be altered or deleted without notice. Repeated violations will result in suspension or banning of user's rights to post. Postings regarding user-made or third party products that *complement* ours are exempt from being considered "advertising" as long as they are placed in the appropriate context.
9) Grievance Policy -This forum is not for discussion of complaints or airing of your "dirty laundry" about the level of support given by Technical or Customer Support. If you have a grievance about your support experience, please send an email to email@example.com and your complaint will be responded to by the management. Any posts found to be violating this policy will be immediately deleted without notice.
10) Board Appearance and Policies -Complaints or suggestions about the forum's administration, operation, functionality or appearance should be sent via the feedback form on the board, not posted as a message on the board. Please do not post things like "change this feature" or "use a different bulletin board software, this one sucks!". Any posts found to be violating this policy will be deleted without notice.
You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar,hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law or guideline of this forum. You further agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you, or you are authorized by the copyright owner.
* The decisions of the moderation team are final.
* We reserve the right to change these rules as needed. Check back if unsure.
Thanks, and enjoy the boards!
Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.