PDA

View Full Version : Archive to CD-R

Martin White
03-12-2001, 08:35 AM
Part of the appeal of Snapstream to me was the ability to automatically archive episodes of my favourite TV shows onto CD-Rs. To my delight I established over the weekend that, through editing out ad breaks, I will be able to squeeze all six half-hour episodes of "Spaced" (a UK sitcom) onto one CD-R for posterity.

Something I'd like to see from Snapstream in the future would be a way of automating this relationship between the software and storage media like CD-R. So Snapstream would also become a central place for managing a collection of CDs which, at "near VHS" could each hold up to 5 1/2 hours of quality video.

Also, it's time someone established some kind of new general Video-CD standard, using ASF instead of Mpeg-1.

rakeshagrawal
03-18-2001, 12:03 PM
we'd like to see it too -- ie we're working on it!

how about burning DVD-RAMs or DVD-CDRs? are people engaging in personal DVD authoring (see http://www.spruce-tech.com/products/spruceup/)?

[This message has been edited by rakeshagrawal (edited 03-18-2001).]

David Rose
03-19-2001, 01:55 PM
I will be able to squeeze all six half-hour episodes of "Spaced" (a UK sitcom) onto one CD-R for posterity.

Ah, you managed to record it, the only thing SnapStream has ever failed at for me is "Spaced". I ended up with the first 2 mins for episode one and two, though episode 3 worked OK.

Odie
03-26-2001, 11:11 AM
Martin, what program did you use to edit the .asf files?