PDA

View Full Version : AutoTune

AdmA
08-30-2006, 09:25 AM
Does BT offer an Auto-tune feature? I know on my old Dish network box..it offered this, in other words, say I don't want to record it, but I want to watch it and will have tv on...my wife is at home with the kids and leaves the TV on while she cleans and takes care of them; we would like it to jump around to her favorite shows, but not clog up my hard drive or unnecessarily use system resources. Thanks!

cmcquistion
08-31-2006, 10:04 AM
BTV doesn't have this feature, but you could set up recordings for those shows and have them end prematurely. This would effectively change the channel. You may want to try setting up a show that is normally 30 minutes long, then go in and tell it to stop recording 30 minutes early. I'm not sure, but that may cause it to change the channel, but not actually record anything. If that doesn't work, then telling it to stop recording 29 minutes early would definitely change the channel, but it would make a small, 1 minute recording.

MarcP
08-31-2006, 10:23 AM
BTV doesn't have this feature, but you could set up recordings for those shows and have them end prematurely. This would effectively change the channel.

Alas, this doesn't work in a multi-tuner setup. BTV will just switch to an unused tuner without bothering you.

I too would love to have that autotune feature when I'm waiting for a live sporting event to start.