PDA

View Full Version : Meaning? --> Fixed: Video Folders over Windows File Shares

terp4life2001
08-21-2006, 04:01 PM
What does this mean exactly? By any chance does this include BTV's inability to work with Samba shares correctly? They're exposed on the network as Window's shares, but previously BTV wouldn't notice when a new file was written to these drives even though explorer does.

I'm at work now and I'll update when I get home, I was just currious what this fix meant exactly.

Thanks,

//Rob

terp4life2001
08-21-2006, 07:06 PM
Unfortunately it doesn't look like the ability to read Samba shares was corrected with this update. At least it still doesn't work on my network.

:cry:

//Rob

Kilrsat
08-21-2006, 07:30 PM
It made BTV work on real Windows file shares. Unfortunately Samba doesn't implement the file system API call that's used (ReadDirectoryChangesW if you care).

terp4life2001
08-22-2006, 06:54 PM
I do care actually, thanks for the technical info Kilrsat!

//Rob

jgourd
08-25-2006, 09:11 AM
It made BTV work on real Windows file shares. Unfortunately Samba doesn't implement the file system API call that's used (ReadDirectoryChangesW if you care).

Can it use UNC paths?

Kilrsat
08-25-2006, 10:19 AM
UNC paths are still technically unsupported, but they do work better in this version.

Windows -> Windows should work correctly. A Samba based share still has the same problem (see above about not supporting the API).

Jramlow
08-25-2006, 11:40 AM
Good information. I've been having the same problem with my NAS server and was thinking it was just my setup.

Is there any way to force a rescan of the external (non-windows) shares besides restarting BTV?