PDA

View Full Version : TELUS TV & BTV - Possible?

ernestpedersen
08-04-2006, 04:12 PM
I am thinking about switching digital cable from Shaw to Telus TV. The Telus TV uses IPTV I believe with a similar STB to MSNtv. Is there a way for this box to work with the hauppauge 150 card and its IR Blaster like my Motorola 2200 box?

E!
Calgary, AB

jojowasher
09-29-2006, 08:36 AM
I don't have the Telus service, but was looking into getting it, and also wondered if this would work. I dont see why not, unless the Telus box uses an RF remote.

Jojo

Hawkbox
09-29-2006, 01:26 PM
Should work, I had it when I worked for them and it was a IR remote. Course this was 2 years ago and it worked like ass at the time. I dont know if they have improved it. once I stopped getting it for dirt cheap as an employee I went with Shaw. but other than you will need to make your own channel listing most likely it should work.

Edit: In all likelyhood you will definately need to train your remote as well as I am willing to bet they used some stupid proprietary system.

ernestpedersen
10-01-2006, 09:56 AM
TelusTV's channel lineup is already available in Snapstream, the only challenge is making the MSNTV2 STB accept your IR blasts.

Hawkbox
10-03-2006, 09:24 AM
Hmm well then you should be fine. Its just a matter of training it then. That part still eludes me anyway.