PDA

View Full Version : How to Auto-Scroll Program Guide?

TDK
07-23-2006, 11:43 PM
Folks,

Can BTV4 be set up to "Auto-Scroll" the program Guide? Is there a set of keystrokes on the Firefly remote or a smalluser-application that can do the following:

1. Scroll slowly up the channels and then back to the beginning.

2. Scroll sideways - forward in time and then back to current time after user selectable hours?

Ideally, the Program Guide begin to Scroll at a user-adjustable rate and directions - if no keystrokes, similar to a screen saver.

Thanks

Fonceur
07-24-2006, 09:37 AM
No you can't do that, but I am not sure why you would want to do it at such a pre-determined rate... Worse case re-program the auto-repeat key on your remote to send one of the key (4 arrows, page up, page down, "," or ".") at the rate that you want...

TDK
07-24-2006, 07:58 PM
Fonceur,

Thanks for the tip regarding the remote. I read your previous posts about reprogramming the remote, but did not see in the standard IR ini file, where there was any referance to a "repeat" key.

I assume that this IR ini file is an XML code snippet and therefore some delay loops with button-down etc can be written in a "scrolling section" that gets initiatated by a specific keystroke and then any keystroke to get out.

I have dabbled in machine-code (yuck) years ago along with Fortran, and a few other scripted languages, but are there any tutorial/examples for this XML code?

Thanks again,

And BTW, the reason to scroll the EPG is to emulate the cable TV's Guide channel - for those who are button challanged by so many remotes and just want things relatively simple and familar.

Fonceur
07-24-2006, 09:18 PM
I read your previous posts about reprogramming the remote, but did not see in the standard IR ini file, where there was any referance to a "repeat" key.
Actually, I didn't have the hauppage remote in mind and I am not sure that you can do that with it. You would probably need to use a program like Girder in between.

What I was thinking is something similar to the FAV key on my One-For-All remote, which is used to scan the channels by sending a channel up or such every second or so. I am pretty sure that I could modify the key it sends and the delay as well as create other such macro if I wanted by reprogramming my remote. So depending what kind of remote you are using, it might be a possibility.