PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading from 4.1...

Scotty85
06-20-2006, 08:11 AM
I'm still running 4.1, and running it flawlessly at that. From streaming to using it with the MVP, everything works perfect. It works so well, that I'm looking into adding to my existing storage of 650gb. Is there any really good reason to upgrade to 4.3 for new features? I can't find a list of changes from 4.1 to 4.3. Can someone give me a link or something?

I've always been of the belief that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it...". Does this hold true here as well?

Thanks!
Scotty

cfaslave
06-20-2006, 09:22 AM
4.3 works better for me than 4.1 due to many bug fixes and better overall stability. I always do a system restore point before upgrading just in case. That way I can always undo the new version if needed.

Here are the release notes from SS:
http://www.snapstream.com/products/beyondtv/release_notes.asp
Brent

Scotty85
06-22-2006, 11:19 AM
I guess what really makes me cautious is the fact that almost everytime I've upgraded to another version, I had to wait for bugs to be fixed just to use it. I skipped 4.0 altogether because of problems. Same with 4.2. I had problems so I had to roll it back. Don't get me wrong, I love BTV and will continue to be a faithful user, but I'd rather have a RELIABLE version, than new bells and whistles.

Any other opinions on 4.3?

Khris
06-22-2006, 11:26 AM
I'm quite happy with 4.3

Make a Ghost backup of your system and then if upgrading to 4.3 causes you problems, revert back.

cmcquistion
06-24-2006, 08:20 AM
The features I love about BTV 4.3 --> Showsqueeze HDTV programs to DivX, more Showsqueeze options, and Streamsnip of HDTV programs.