PDA

View Full Version : Web Admin useful ==> need to unhide recordings in progress

cat6man
06-11-2006, 08:47 AM
I've been using the following kluge to get around the problem of BTV hiding recordings in progress so that they are not seen by my networked media players....basically i schedule scripts to run the following at 1 minute past the hour

(file unhide.bat...set up for my file directory)
this 'unhides' all mpg and tp files...not elegant but it works)

d:
cd media
cd "new shows"
attrib -H *.mpg
attrib -H *.tp
cd ..
cd "new shows-peri"
attrib -H *.mpg
exit

however, i've just now discovered the value of using the web admin functionality from my ipaq over wifi......wow, i don't always have to run up multiple flights of stairs from the tv to the computer in the attic office.

except...............if i manually set up a recording with the 'record now' capability in the web admin, my networked media players won't see it until the next time 'unhide.bat' runs, a bummer.

so snapstream, i'm going to reopen my old bug report/feature request which i had previously closed as a low priority item (but is now way up my priority list......this & web admin will make my life so much easier)

please stop 'hiding' the recordings in progress, or better yet, give us a switch in settings for those of us who care about this.

Fonceur
06-11-2006, 09:33 AM
please stop 'hiding' the recordings in progress, or better yet, give us a switch in settings for those of us who care about this.

I suspect that they might be hiding the current recording to prevent their library manager from constantly seeing the updated file... The reason why I enabled the creation of external recordings in ".." (and to move the finished file to the proper folder), was that wxboy pointed out that BTV's library manager was going crazy and eating away 30-40% of the CPU as VLC was recording in a monitored folder...

cat6man
06-11-2006, 12:58 PM
interesting....since i am running my 'unhide.bat' all the time, i should check and see if btv's library manager is doing anything strange.

edit: just checked and btvlibraryservice.exe is running peak of 2%, normally 0% here while i am recording and have 'unhidden' the mpg file.