PDA

View Full Version : Web Admin with Firefox?!

mastercko
06-10-2006, 01:11 AM
Whoa, I totally missed it, somehow...The Web Admin works with Firefox now?! As in, when I start up the Web Admin, it uses my default browser rather than forcing IE to open. And when opened in Firefox there aren't any weird rendering issues like there were before.

Nice! When was this change made?

BankZ
06-10-2006, 06:02 AM
A llllllooooooooonnnnnnngggggg time ago :)

PBMax
06-10-2006, 01:42 PM
acutally not that long ago :)

We actually have a dev that is a Firefox user that made that changes in a recent beta. Glad someone noticed it!

Rich A
06-10-2006, 04:58 PM
Um ... whaaa?? I only use FireFox and have been since it was first released. Now granted I don't use Web Admin that often, but I swear it's ALWAYS been with Firefox.

Are you guys telling me it didn't used to work with FF? Cause it always did for me.

Fonceur
06-10-2006, 05:16 PM
Firefox worked fine for a while, the difference is that now when you right click BTV's icon in the system tray, it launches the default browser instead of having IE hardcoded...

HomeyFour
06-11-2006, 07:10 AM
I had (small) problems with Firefox until recent releases. I'd end up with empty pages every now and then, needing to hit refresh. Now though, all is smooth!

ZetaVu
06-11-2006, 08:03 AM
For a while it was still loading IE instead of Opera when I launched webadmin, then in the recent betas it started letting Opera launch. Like I mentioned in other posts, only issue was allowing cookies (instead of server manager, which I haven't figured out yet.

Just tried Firefox, webadmin looks perfect, just like Opera. I use Opera on my htpc since I can zoom pages easily but Firefox everywhere else, mostly for cookie management and a few pages Opera doesn't handle well. I wish they could sort themselves out so I can stick with one exclusively.

Mistergq
06-11-2006, 08:57 AM
I can' remember when i started using Firefox with BTV, but I think it was 3.7 because I only upgraded to 4 in March.

Rich A
06-12-2006, 08:32 AM
Well I just checked my records, and the BTV Server (the home theater PC) has always had FireFox on it. And I always used it (since the first release of Firefox)

However, I seem to remember a problem back in the early 3.5 days. I could be wrong. But the problem only lasted a little while. I have done some un-orthodox things to keep MS IE disabled. No matter what I did whether Internet exploring, or BTV web admin etc. the only thing to come up would be my default browser, which has always been FireFox.

Perhaps it worked for me as I built my HTPC, hardened for specific set top box use, (like a TIVO) There is no email, or other things on it. And it runs nothing but Snapstream BTV and BM.

mastercko
06-13-2006, 04:33 AM
oh, btw, I only brought this up because until sorta recently, I'm fairly certain that there have been small rendering issues with the webadmin in Firefox. Like, corners of graphics would be out of place, or images wouldn't line up quite right. Stuff like that. Never actually affected functionality. But now, that's all gone, and it looks normal in FF.

And the whole webadmin from the taskbar menu opens up default browser thing (which is what I was getting at in the first post as well, but didn't phrase it quite right).

Again, sweet. Gotta love the little things. :banana:

HomeyFour
06-13-2006, 09:56 AM
Try doing a CTRL + (hold control, hit plus) followed by a CTRL - and see if that "fixes" the render.