PDA

View Full Version : beyond tv 3.7.4 crashes at splash screen

spicydragonz
06-06-2006, 06:42 PM
I have had my setup working for over a year. Recently I noticed that there was an annoying sound clicking sound coming during low volume. I removed and reseated the sound card. . . and then replaced it with a creative sound card.

Now when I start beyond TV the application stops at the splash screen just as the 3 is being highlighted.

I think that this is normally the point where live TV starts to play.

This completely locks up the PC and the only recourse is to reboot.

I have a
P 4
512 mb ram

and like I said I have not had issues before this.

Has anyone seen this before on a working box?

Any ideas?

nanook105
06-06-2006, 07:02 PM
What type of tuner are you using ? Are you using the sound card to record ? If so you might have to run the setup wizard, delete the tuner and add it back.

spicydragonz
06-06-2006, 07:14 PM
I have a hauppage wintv 300 card.

I ran the beyond tv setup program and I get the same result.

The PC locks up just as the 3 is highlighted on the splashscreen.

I tested and I can view my old files using winamp, so i don't think it is a video issue. my next step is to restore beyond tv.

spicydragonz
06-06-2006, 07:32 PM
ok, I started to reinstall BTV 3.7.4 and now the application crashes at the "testing" phase of the application.

:(

spicydragonz
06-07-2006, 06:31 AM
Do you think this indicates that my video capture card is broken?

I have hauppage 250.

nanook105
06-07-2006, 06:51 AM
Do you think this indicates that my video capture card is broken?

I have hauppage 250.

You should use another app (WinTV2000) to validate that the card is working. Do you have a 250, or hauppage wintv 300 card that you mentioned in a previous post ?

spicydragonz
06-07-2006, 08:06 AM
i checked again and I have the hauppage 250.

spicydragonz
06-07-2006, 07:38 PM
The saga continues.

I pulled my neighbors wintv 250 card and tested in in my rig.

Now when I go to the TESTING screen I just do not get any video.

My plan now is to wipe the harddrive and install win xp ME, or do you think I should install winxp PRO?

Bigbird999
06-07-2006, 09:50 PM
spicy
If you mean the test screen in the BTV setup wizard, I have never seen video in theat screen, but I just carry on and BTV works fine even though it "fails" the test. I have seen others having the same experience as me.

BB

nanook105
06-08-2006, 07:18 AM
spicy
If you mean the test screen in the BTV setup wizard, I have never seen video in theat screen, but I just carry on and BTV works fine even though it "fails" the test. I have seen others having the same experience as me.

BB

Always failed for me on specific revs of the 250/350 in 3.X It completes successfully in 4.X

yatman
06-08-2006, 03:30 PM
Didn't your card come with some of it's own software and tv app? That can be used to validate the card is working. You may have some driver issues.

I would NOT got to ME personally. It was inherently problematic and I don't think there's any support for it anymore. If there is, there won't be for long. Stick with XP pro or home.

spicydragonz
06-08-2006, 04:00 PM
!!!!!!!!All fixed !!!!!!!!!

I'll give a quick summary of what I did.

Removed wintv 250 card.
uninstalled BTV
Ran the HCWClear program
power down

put the wintv card back in
install the driver
install wintv2000
update the drive
update the remote control

start wintv2000 (verify that I can see the TV)

install Beyond tv 3.7.4
run the set up

(one note, I never saw images during the "testing" window)

button it up and I can now watch my PVR.

I have no clue what went wrong. My theory is you need to do a certain amount of penance before a Windoze box and the god of windoze grants clemancy and it just works again.

yatman
06-08-2006, 04:34 PM
I suspected a faulty driver problem or conflict. Sometimes that uninstall/reinstall works magic - as long as you can clean out the registry and remnants of the original install first.

You should upgrade to BTV4.x as 3.x did have sporatically wierd problems such as not seeing the images in the testing window and such.