PDA

View Full Version : ATI AIW + AMD K62 = Crappy bitrate and FPS

timmy1376
12-19-2000, 12:52 AM
Hello,
First I want to say this is some great software. Second, I have a question. My setup is a 8MB ATI All-in-wonder pro and I have a AMD K6-2 350MHZ processor. I try recording anything and it works fine but the framerate is terrible. Like 4-7 frames per second. So I go check windows media encoder and set it up using my AIW card and when I try encoding directly from there for a 768KBS clip I usually get only 168KBS and 4 frames a second. Is this my processor?? I added another stick of 64MB of ram to total 128. Would an upgrade to a 500MHZ processor help? I am open to anything if you have a suggestion. I have been thinking about upgrading my motherboard and processor anyway.

Thanks,
Tim

Daniel Broad
12-19-2000, 04:27 AM
I recently tried to set up a Snapstream system with an AMD K6-2 500 and also had performance problems, I think the floating point performance of the chip is not great.

I then upgraded to a DURON 700Mhz chip and motherboard and that works with ease now at any resolution I like.

You can make it work temporarily with the k6-2 by opening the .wme files in Media Encoder and turning the resolution down.

Dan.

timmy1376
12-19-2000, 10:35 AM
OK thanks for the info. I was looking at a faster K6-2 because of the price but might go with a new board and processor.

Thanks again,
Tim

tia
12-19-2000, 05:23 PM
Snapstream use to work for me, but then I reinstalled win me, (upgraded to directx 8 install the latest driver for the aiw-pro and snaptream beta 4a and now it is does not make it through a diag test.

All my drivers for the AIW-pro say WDM, and no matter what options I set for recording (direct show are not) the results fail.

Timmy,
What do the drivers look like for your aiw-pro card? and do you have directx 8 installed?

timmy1376
12-20-2000, 03:52 PM
They say WDM like yours. I fiddled with this for 3 days before I got it to record. I am putting it on my Athlon system so it probably wont work again! http://discuss.snapstream.com/ubb/smile.gif

timmy