PDA

View Full Version : SS Won't Startup

coolbreeze
07-16-2000, 12:31 PM
Yes, I have all of the Microsoft components installed. When I click on the tray icon my IE starts fine but never builds what I once saw as the password prompt screen. I'm running Win2000 Pro with IE 5.5. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks!!

Regards,

Alan....

rkuo
07-17-2000, 11:26 AM
Double clicking on the tray icon should take you to the front page of the interface, which doesn't require a login.

Do you receive any HTML whatsoever? You could check this by going to edit/View Source in your browser.

coolbreeze
07-17-2000, 07:07 PM
Thanks for the reply. No, I do not receive any html output. The progress bar creeps to about halfway, and then gives me a page stating that the page could not be displayed.

Regards,

Alan....

rkuo
07-18-2000, 12:41 PM
It's difficult to troubleshoot this without more information, but we can try some things.

Are you running a software firewall?
I assume you've tried rebooting the system and rerunning the app.

Also, try running the console mode application and watch the startup logs for any error messages.

coolbreeze
07-18-2000, 05:37 PM
Yes, it is difficult to troubleshoot this. I am running a firewall, ZoneAlarm, but I've also tried your application with ZoneAlarm turned off. And, yes, I have rebooted many times and tried re-running your app. I've also uninstalled and re-installed with the same negative results. Did I write that I'm using Win2000? If there are any other questions you have, please feel free to ask them.

rkuo
07-20-2000, 02:12 PM
If you're comfortable doing this, go to the directory you installed SnapStream PVS in, and edit the ssd.ini file so that the [Log] Section has Log=1. The RootDir variable should point where the log files are going.

Start up the app and e-mail me the log that is generated. It might help me figure out what is happening.

Also, make sure that Zone Alarm is completely disabled/not running before starting up SnapStream PVS.

Please also refer to the online docs under the product section and see if there is anything there that helps you figure out the problem. We do a lot of our testing and development under Win2K, so that particular issue shouldn't be the problem.

[This message has been edited by rkuo (edited 07-20-2000).]